PDA

View Full Version : Tornado!

ramanth
10-18-2007, 10:20 PM
A tornado touched down tonight in Williamston. Andy and the pets are okay. Our apartment took no damage but some houses lost roofs and there are trees down. :eek: :(

Prayers for those seriously affected. It's been a very active night. We've had at least 4 tornado warnings through out the night and there are still more storms to come.

chocolatepuppy
10-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh geez, I hate tornados! I'm glad you and yours are ok. Prayers out to those who need them.

Cinder & Smoke
10-18-2007, 10:30 PM
A tornado touched down tonight in Williamston.
Andy and the pets are okay.
Our apartment took no damage ...

... there are still more storms to come.

:eek:

THANKS, God - for keepin the Kim & Andy Tribe safe!

Do you guys have a *basement* in that building?
Maybe set up "camp" down there with the Herd till the storms pass?

Stay SAFE!!
{{{Hugs}}}

ramanth
10-18-2007, 10:36 PM
No basement but we're on the first floor and we take shelter in the main bath.

I shouldn't say there is no damage to the apartment... no damage we can see but Andy reported emergency vehicles in the parking lot.

We have no power of course.

Cars and a semi were blown off the highway near the Williamston exit.

Getting home will be interesting.

ramanth
10-18-2007, 11:06 PM
More rotation has been spotted with Williamston in the line of fire. Yeesh!! :eek:

CountryWolf07
10-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Eeek! Stay safe!!

ramanth
10-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Part of a sub division has been evacuated due to a gas main break. Yikes!

The rotation has formed into a tornado and hopefully it'll miss the Williamston area but it doesn't look like it. :(

BC_MoM
10-19-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm really praying for Andy, the pets and everyone in Williamston! How scary. :(

Taz_Zoee
10-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Oh no!! The whole town of Williamston will be in my thoughts. I am assuming you will stay where you are until all this passes. :confused:

Catty1
10-19-2007, 12:27 AM
I hope you are hiding safely in the main bath...I hope the worst is over soon and you are all ok!

PRAYERS out your way!

krazyaboutkatz
10-19-2007, 12:44 AM
How scary.:eek: I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I'll be keeping the whole town in my thoughts and prayers. Please continue to update us when you can.

Karen
10-19-2007, 01:44 AM
In our prayers, stay safe everyone!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Isn't tornado season over yet??? Please stay safe :)

Daisy and Delilah
10-19-2007, 07:29 AM
I hope everyone is okay. How scary :( Thoughts and prayers going up to Michigan from Florida :(

anna_66
10-19-2007, 08:08 AM
How scarey it must be.

Please update us asap. Lots of prayers headed your way Kim.

lizbud
10-19-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm glad to hear you all were spared a lot of damage from the storms last
night. Man, what a night. :eek: We had wild wind ,rain and lightning, but
no tornado, thank heavens. They were all around Indy to the north & south of us. I sat with flash light, & the dog leashs, ready to round up the gang
to go directly to the basement. It was scary, but it's all calm & clear today.
here's a brief note about the storms around Indiana.

http://www.theindychannel.com/weather/14366383/detail.html

momoffuzzyfaces
10-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Isn't tornado season over yet??? Please stay safe :)
The tornado season is usually over by now but the last several years they have been forming more in the fall too. Global warming?????

ramanth hope you are all safe!!! Those storms went through here Thursday but we didn't have the tornadoes! Prayers on the way for all of you!!!

pitc9
10-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Hope all is well now Kimmy!!!

Catty1
10-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Kimmy???

Rachel
10-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Yesterday I saw the storms headed your way. It was the most awesome sight because the sky overhead was blue and the sun was shinning, yet immediately to the east one could see volumes of clouds higher than I had ever seen before. The sun lit up the shape and size and color of the clouds. It was the first time I could see a storm without being in it. Unfortunately we were in our car and I didn't have my camera with me. By the time we got home the sun was no longer out and I could not get a picture.

Kimmy, I hope you are okay. I sympathize with what you had to go through as tornado warnings are the most stressful things for me, even though we have always been spared a direct hit.

phesina
10-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Ramanth.. I've been seeing the news about the tornadoes hitting Williamston and wondering if you and yours are safe.. You clearly made it through the first one okay, but the news people said a second, more destructive, one sneaked in and hit not long after an "all clear" had been given from the first.

I am praying fervently that you, your family (of course including all species), your friends, and as many people as possible around Williamston made it through all this safely. From what I've seen on TV, there seems to have been a lot of devastation. I am also praying for all who suffered losses in these storms.

We all hope to hear good news from you, but whatever has happened, know that many people are thinking of you and praying for and caring about you.

Pat

Cinder & Smoke
10-19-2007, 07:43 PM
:D
They're ALL A-OK and SAFE!!

Kimmy, Andy, Kia & Chipper are in the Bus headed north to Traverse City, Michigan,
for a Halloween Event - they'll be back home on Sunday.

The Apartment suffered NO damage - other than loosing Power & Cable =
NO puter. :(
Andy said he din't hear no Freight Train - just a Thunder Storm. :p
The FurKids mostly slept through the "Big One".
Power came back on as they were leaving - but the internet remains out.

Kimmy said she took a lot of *snappies* of the extensive damage "in town" -
she'll post 'em when they get back from the weekend trip.

THANKS for *worryin* about them!

;)
;)

Catty1
10-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Thank You God (and Phred!!!!) :D :D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Yes, thank you God and Phred!!! It's a relief to know they are safe!!!

phesina
10-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks to God and Phred from us too!

Pat and cats

ramanth
10-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. Sorry to leave you all in the dark like that. Like Phred said we didn't get power back until around 6:15 p.m. on Friday. Ironically, only the power to the buildings in our complex on our side of the creek got power back that night. The rest of the complex and Williamston were still without power.

The emergency vehicles Andy saw were the local response team beginning to set up shop. They along with the Red Cross set up on our road with free food and other supplies for those in need.

It was an EF2 (winds up to 120 mph) that touched down less than a 1/2 mile east of us.

By the time we got home tonight, we were happy to see that power was back to most of the city. McDonalds was open again with a sign that said "Still Standing, Let's Eat!" and the Speedway gas station next door already had two new pumps! We were amazed!

Lots of cleanup left to do but the town has rallied. :)

Sadly two people died 7 miles away from town when their home was tossed into a lake and they drowned. It was a couple spending the first night in their new home. :( :(

Here's local news coverage:

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/10675581.html

Miss Z
10-21-2007, 05:30 AM
Yikes! I'm glad you were all kept safe!

That's awful about that poor couple. :(

k9krazee
10-21-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm a little late on this, but I'm glad to hear you guys are safe, Kimmy! I got home Friday night and had no idea that anything had happened until I saw the news. I immediately thought of you and Andy. I guess there were two tornadoes within miles of our house but they didn't touch down.