PDA

View Full Version : The Right Brain vs Left Brain Test

vinjashira
10-17-2007, 05:22 AM
click this link (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22535838-5012895,00.html) to take the test

My left brain doesn't seem to be working http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif the picture remains clockwise for me

Killearn Kitties
10-17-2007, 05:29 AM
Anti-clockwise for me, and I can't get it to change direction either.

vinjashira
10-17-2007, 05:47 AM
I stared at the reflection of the feet and confinced myself that she was turning anticlockwise and she suddenly changed direction http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

Killearn Kitties see if you can convince yourself that the girl is turning the other way

Killearn Kitties
10-17-2007, 06:13 AM
OK, I have tried again - really hard! If I just concentrate on the legs, or the reflection, there is only a little part of the circle that her leg traces where I can see it as going the other way, which is actually very disorienting! :D

sweetpatata6
10-17-2007, 06:14 AM
I see her going clockwise and cannot get her to change directions... Although, my mom sees her going counter clockwise... Doesn't the right side of you brain control the left side of your body and vise virsa?

Killearn Kitties
10-17-2007, 06:16 AM
Doesn't the right side of you brain control the left side of your body and vise virsa?
Don't think so. If that were the case, you could cover one eye and make her go in a different direction! :D Perhaps I should try it ...

Killearn Kitties
10-17-2007, 06:34 AM
Oh oh! I did it! I can get her to go round clockwise for maybe 2 revolutions then she reverts. :D
And no, I didn't do it by covering one eye.

sweetpatata6
10-17-2007, 06:50 AM
Haha I'll try later, because quite frankly, I wanna slap that dancer because she won't go the other way. Ok just kidding, but I do want her to go the other way lol.

Barbara
10-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Wow that's great. First I couldn't make it change but now I can :)

Blue_Frog
10-17-2007, 09:19 AM
I stared at the reflection of the feet and confinced myself that she was turning anticlockwise and she suddenly changed direction http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

Yep that worked -- i can make her turn either way at will. I think its like one of illusions where you either see the faces or the vase, or hte witch or the girl kind of thing :)

binka_nugget
10-17-2007, 09:35 AM
That's trippy!! I saw her going clockwise but can get her to change to counter-clockwise.. so cool!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-17-2007, 09:39 AM
clockwise !!

vinjashira
10-17-2007, 09:43 AM
clockwise !!
Maya & Inka's mommy, see if you can make her turn anticlockwise.

This is indeed a cool optical illusion :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Maya & Inka's mommy, see if you can make her turn anticlockwise.

This is indeed a cool optical illusion :D

Nope!! :rolleyes: ! Does that make me braindead, lol???

Catty1
10-17-2007, 11:48 AM
TOTALLY clockwise! :D Which I am very happy about! Could NOT make her go the other way...though I didn't really want to.

animal_rescue
10-17-2007, 12:04 PM
She went clockwise then I starred at her feet and like vinjashira convinced myself she was going the other way and she started to! :D

lizbud
10-17-2007, 12:20 PM
It starts out going one way, then turns in the opposite direction. I just
focused on her shoulders and can see the change easily. Weird, isn't it? :)

jenluckenbach
10-17-2007, 02:05 PM
She will rotate either way for me. :)

Miss Z
10-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Wow! I can get her to change direction every turn after a bit of practice :)

Grace
10-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Both directions!! And it happened without concentrating at all. She was going clockwise; I looked down for an instant and when I looked up she was going counter-clockwise. Then as I watched intently, she switched again after a bit!

mina'smomma
10-17-2007, 03:08 PM

Killearn Kitties see if you can convince yourself that the girl is turning the other way

Same here

Taz_Zoee
10-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Ok, when I first opened the link she was going counter clockwise. I glanced over to read the stuff to the left and went to look back and it changed directions. I am not talented enough to make it change back. LOL

Edwina's Secretary
10-17-2007, 04:13 PM
She only goes clockwise for me. I have tried all the tricks you suggest...and still she goes clockwise!

Rachel
10-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Both directions!! And it happened without concentrating at all. She was going clockwise; I looked down for an instant and when I looked up she was going counter-clockwise. Then as I watched intently, she switched again after a bit!

Same with me. She changed directions on her own. :p

What's with the term *anti-clockwise*? I've never heard that before - always counter-clockwise.

Flatcoatluver
10-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Ok, when I first opened the link she was going counter clockwise. I glanced over to read the stuff to the left and went to look back and it changed directions. I am not talented enough to make it change back. LOL
Same thing here, and now she is going clockwise.

Edwina's Secretary
10-17-2007, 04:59 PM
What's with the term *anti-clockwise*? I've never heard that before - always counter-clockwise.

It is like "boot" for "trunk" of the car, or "lift" for "elevator" or "lorry" for "truck". It's British-speak!

Killearn Kitties
10-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Since it was posted on an Australian website though, it is obviously Australian-speak as well. Maybe it is only Americans who say counter-clockwise. :p :D

Edwina's Secretary
10-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Since it was posted on an Australian website though, it is obviously Australian-speak as well. Maybe it is only Americans who say counter-clockwise. :p :D

Picking on us again for not speaking proper English! ;) ;) Two countries divided by a common language! (or three or four or five...) :D

sweetpatata6
10-17-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm depressed. lol. I cannot get it to turn counter clockwise :( I've tried for so long

DrKym
10-17-2007, 06:52 PM
She moved in both directions rather easily for me. Neat test though. :)

K9karen
10-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Oh oh! I did it! I can get her to go round clockwise for maybe 2 revolutions then she reverts. :D
And no, I didn't do it by covering one eye.

Same for me. But according to the description, I am SO a right brainer!!!

Twisterdog
10-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Well, I'm obviously odd. (Like we didn't know that already!)

I see her going clockwise for a few turns, then counterclockwise for a few, etc. I wasn't looking hard or concentrating on it.

Obviously I have things wired a bit wrong in the attic. :p

krazyaboutkatz
10-18-2007, 12:40 AM
I was able to see that dancer going both clockwise and counter clockwise.:) Very interesting.:)

catnapper
10-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Definitely clockwise. I can only make her go counter clockwise for half a turn. She rather looks like she's dancing instead of spinning.

Cool that we have so many right brains here! I'll have ot see what the rest of my family says.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-18-2007, 09:03 AM
I got her going both ways so that mean both sides of my brain are working..........which just proves how wrong this test is lol!!!

Ginger's Mom
10-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Same for me, too.

lvpets2002
10-18-2007, 10:56 AM
:) :p Clockwise here too.. Guess I am right sided brained.. :D Well now you all mention it I at one point thought I saw the dancer go counter clockwise.. I just thought I was seeing things.. Cause I would keep looking & she would be clockwise.. :)

Edwina's Secretary
10-18-2007, 11:09 AM
FINALLY got her to go counter clockwise. I suppose I best get back to business now. How can I bill all this time to a client? :D :D Improving the analytic side of my brain perhaps?

vinjashira
10-19-2007, 05:42 AM
FINALLY got her to go counter clockwise. I suppose I best get back to business now. How can I bill all this time to a client? http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif Improving the analytic side of my brain perhaps?well done http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif I got frustrated to until I finally got her to turn direction http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Felicia's Mom
10-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Both ways for me! She went clockwise at first, then counter clockwise.
She even stopped spinning and then started up again!

anna_66
10-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Mostly counter clockwise.

It sounds like many of you have a great imagination, I wish I did:o

Suki Wingy
10-19-2007, 11:52 PM
I can't see it clockwise, though I've been trying. I'm almost all right brain though. :confused:
edit: I just stared at the feet and she changed direction, although there was a jerk, and it happened randomly again back to counter-clockwise. I'm beginning to think it changes on its own and is just tricking us all.

Pam
10-20-2007, 05:05 AM
I got her going both ways so that mean both sides of my brain are working..........which just proves how wrong this test is lol!!!

Me too! LOL!