PDA

View Full Version : Specs let me rub his belly for the first time!

Medusa
10-16-2007, 08:21 AM
I know what you must be thinking "She started a thread for this?" but it's a big deal to me. He's approx. 7 1/2 years old and he's been w/me for 5 years and in all that time, he wouldn't allow a belly rub. He's very possessive of me, puts his "arm" around me when he sits on the sofa w/me and if Boo comes near me, he has to butt in but he's never allowed himself to be vulnerable enough to give him a belly rub. Last night, as I was tucking everyone in, I was petting him and saying goodnight and he suddenly flopped over and at first I thought he might be sick and fell over because he was weak. I mean, it was so unexpected! But no, he was purring and I rubbed his belly and suddenly he couldn't get enough of it. When I stopped, he'd follow me and flop over for more. I can't tell you how this warmed my heart. It was a major turning point for us, I think. Just thought I'd share that just when you think you know your cats and their behavior, things can change and this time it was for the better. Specs is one of my pee cats and although he's been on Clomicalm for quite a while now, he hasn't shown any signs of peeing or nasty behavior. I'm just so pleased!

Fuzzybuns
10-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Awww, wtg Specs!

I totally understand why you made the post!
That's how I felt when I caught Dixie belly up on the bed. I see it sometimes but she usually flips right back over like she doesn't trust us.
I about cried when she stayed there long enough for a picture and a quick rub.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-16-2007, 09:07 AM
I understand completely!! Hurray for Specs!!!

catmandu
10-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Thats Something That Some Lucky Found Cats Will Tolerate, But I Wont Try It With The Kitten Trio Anytime Soon.

Tubster Loves It, But Then Again Hes In Some Ways Starved For Affection.
I Understand What A Break Through That Is For You And Specs, And The Lucky Found Cats All Send Con Cat Ulations To You Both!!!!

mruffruff
10-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Totally understand! I have the same situation with several of the cats. It's such an amazing feeling when they finally let you touch them.

Congratulations!

krazyaboutkatz
10-16-2007, 11:37 AM
This is great news.:) Thanks for sharing this with us.:)

Freedom
10-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Oh yes, having taken in a few semi ferals, I totally understand why this is such a "postable" item! Every little step made with them makes you tingle all over!

jennielynn1970
10-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Awe... that is something that makes you feel so good! I still am not at that point with Jorgie. He's been with me since 2004, and I can pet him, but that's it. No picking up. No belly rubs. He still runs like I'm going to torture him if I come to him. He has to come to me for him to feel comfortable. Maybe some day he will feel safer around me... until then I wait. It's good to hear that it DOES happen eventually, lol.

jazzcat
10-16-2007, 11:01 PM
That is great news! I'm sure that did make you feel great, it would have for me.

catfamily
10-17-2007, 08:27 AM
That would of warmed my heart up too.That is really something.I wish they could talk. :)
She wants you all for herself now.

cassiesmom
10-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Yay, Specs! I hope you'll be able to enjoy more petting and tummy rubs in future.

Killearn Kitties
10-17-2007, 11:26 AM
That is wonderful news! :D It has warmed my heart too. I can just picture it.