PDA

View Full Version : A nice long run..

Glacier
10-15-2007, 11:54 PM
The sun finally came out today for the first time in weeks!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/2007/view.jpg
I could even see the mountains again!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/2007/teamoct15.jpg
The team went for a nice, long run, by far their longest training run so far.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/2007/happyteam.jpg
Happy little team taking a break.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/2007/love.jpg
Tehya loves her Pacer. The blood on Pacer's cheek is not from an injury. He was chewing on a fresh bone right before we headed out. I do have one who's chewed up from a little incident on Saturday night, but not Pacer!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/2007/pax.jpg
Paxil post run. 12km might have been a bit much for the old girl, but she was amazing as usual.

cmayer31
10-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Wow, it looks like an absolutely gorgeous day to take a team out for a run :) . They all look so happy; they must be loving the cooler weather and harness time.

How much more snow before you decide to take the sled out?

Cinder & Smoke
10-16-2007, 12:20 AM
W:)W!

That Mountain Shot may have been worth the long wait - BEAUTIFUL!!

Curious - What's the large outcropping of Rocks in the foreground from?

The Team looks like everyone enjoyed the Run ...
Looks like it was a really NICE Day!

;)

Glacier
10-16-2007, 12:29 AM
How much more snow before you decide to take the sled out?

At least six to 8 more inches. I don't take the sled out until I can set the snow hook! Nothing worse than walking home without your team!

Glacier
10-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Curious - What's the large outcropping of Rocks in the foreground from?

That trail is actually an old mining road. There was an open pit copper mine there. Those rocks are part of the tons of rock moved when the copper mines were in operation.

Ginger's Mom
10-16-2007, 06:00 AM
The mountain picture is gorgeous. Paxil's tongue and body language may say she is tired, but if you look in those eyes they say, "that was fun!" :D

pitc9
10-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Who got chewed on Saturday night and who was doing the chewing?
Hope everyone is alright!

Beautiful pictures!

Pawsitive Thinking
10-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Stunning scenery! Those doggies certainly have a great life

DrKym
10-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Beautiful as usual! WOW!! what a gorgeous place to live!
How about sending some of that cool air down this way Tamara?

Glacier
10-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Who got chewed on Saturday night and who was doing the chewing?

Founder got chewed on. He has four puncture wounds, most of them are small ones, but one on his side is fairly large. I suspect it was Ozzy who started the problem, probably over a bone. I wasn't home at the time, but as I was leaving the yard I thought about putting Ozzy in a pen. He can be a troublemaker. Founder is on antibiotics and Metacam and so far he's healing nicely. If I can keep any infection out, he should be just fine.

Freedom
10-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Wonderful shots! Good weather, great scenery, gorgeous pups, what more could you ask for?

Glacier
10-16-2007, 08:27 PM
If I can keep any infection out, he should be just fine.

Dang it! I jinxed myself. He's going to the vet tomorrow. The one on his side is infected!

critter crazy
10-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Great pics as always!! I always look forward to seeing your posts!!:)

Cinder & Smoke
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi God ~

Trouble inna YuKon ... poor Founder got in a lil *tiff* an got ventilated ...
One of his "vents" gotz infekted ...

Kan You hop onna Silver Klowd inna mornin an meet him atta White Coat's?
If You an Doc kan get him onna Road to Recovery; his Mom will pick him up
an stick him in Sick Bay atta Husky Ranch.

We'll keep th PT Prayers comin till we get the all clear.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-16-2007, 09:20 PM
:) Looks like they had a great time, as always. I hope Founder will be ok!

cassiesmom
10-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Beautiful pictures! The very first one of the mountain is just magnificent! Glacier Doggers, you all listen to your Mom on the roads and trails and have a wonderful sledding season. Founder, I hope you heal up quickly!

gini
10-17-2007, 01:01 PM
What great pictures - and all of the dogs look so happy to be out for a run.
I hope Founder will be alright. If it isn't one thing.......................

cyber-sibes
10-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Wow, it's so beautiful up there! Teyha just loves all her boys, doesn't she? She's so cute! Aww, Founder, I hope you heal up quickly, big guy.

Glacier
10-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Teyha just loves all her boys, doesn't she? She's so cute!

She'd love the girls too, but they won't put up with her antics! Pingo never learned how to play with other dogs; she plays now, but always a solo game! Paxil and Sleet never really played and now they are grumpy old girls with puppy foolishness! Kayleigh would think Tehya was a snack! Raven might like her once she reinforced her position as boss! Raven and Tehya will likely meet this winter in the team.

Founder is at the vet right now. He was suprisingly cooperative about going in today. He is not a fan of truck rides, but he hopped right in today! Rick just called--it's always Rick when we have an emergency for some reason! The wound on his side is infected, but that's not the major concern. Founder has a large rip tucked under his back leg that I never noticed!! I'm not sure how I missed that! He hasn't been limping or acting like his leg was bothering him at all. Rick said he only looked cuz he saw Founder licking at the area! Crap, bad dog mom! Founder will be heading into surgery very soon!