PDA

View Full Version : Laryngitis?

Sirrahsim
10-15-2007, 11:30 PM
I have had a cold but started losing my voice last night. Now I can barely speak and it feels like something is wrapped around my throat making it tough to swallow. When I do speak, my voice is VERY low like a man's voice. I can also clearly see a line of swollen tissue on my neck above where my thyroid goiter usually shows up...
If it isn't laryngitis what else could it be?

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-16-2007, 05:00 AM
Better go and see a doctor!!

mina'smomma
10-16-2007, 06:08 AM
The only other thing I would be able to think of Missy is strep. I agree with Lut you need to get in and see your Dr. either which way. Try gargaling (sp?) with salt water to see if that helps with the scratchyness.

Craftlady
10-16-2007, 06:14 AM
Your probably looking at strep throat which is very contagous.

Sirrahsim
10-16-2007, 07:41 AM
I don't think it is strep because it is NOT painful. It's annoying but not painful... I can't afford to be housebound today... Boomer is getting his shots this afternoon!

sirrahved
10-16-2007, 07:49 AM
What's that Boomer? You think Mom should take care of herself today, instead of worrying about you? What a selfless cat, willing to sacrifice his appointment with the whitecoats for his human! :D

Strep isn't always painful, at least it wasn't with me. I probably had 30 or so strep infections before they finally took my tonsils out.

You really should see a doctor.