PDA

View Full Version : Will tomorrow be the day?

NicoleLJ
10-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Well tomorrow I am being induced. Not with the drip, thank goodness. I would never want the drip. My doctor always just strips the membranes instead. A few minutes of pain for a natural labour.

Ronan is now a week over due, which is perfect. And we are all ready and excited to see him. My bag is pack with everything I will need and the baby will need. Hubby has his own bag packed also. We have the music and CD player and DVD's and a potable DVD player. This will help the 3 days of being in the hospital go way faster. We even have our sparkling juice(raspberry) to celebrate with afterwards. And the car seat is installed.

Meals are made and frozen so no cooking is needed after we get back for at least 3-4 weeks.

So I think we are pretty much ready. Doubt I will sleep much tonight. My doctor has me scheuled to be induced first thing in the morning. If all goes well then I will come back home till my contractions are about 15 mintues apart and then head back into the hospital to continue until I need the epidural.

So hopefully in 3 days you can all look forward to me posting pictures of Ronan and getting to hear all about my wonderful stay in the hospital. lol :rolleyes:

So keep your fingers crossed all.
Nicole & Sheena & Ajax

BC_MoM
10-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Oooh, I am so excited for you! :D GOOD LUCK!!!
It sounds like you are very prepared, and a responsible soon-to-be child owner! Haha! :p

Lobodeb
10-15-2007, 12:02 AM
How exciting! Good luck to you. I don't remember not sleeping the night before I was induced. I was so tired that I don't think it bothered me. :o

Lilith Cherry
10-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Good luck and sweet thoughts! I had the drip for each of my three sons and used natural childbirth methods ( other than that) for each one. It was fine and worked out very well, so please don't worry if it has to happen!

AdoreMyDogs
10-15-2007, 01:34 AM
Good luck! How exciting! Can't wait to see pics of the little guy :) May everything go quickly, smoothly and be complecation free!

Cookiebaker
10-15-2007, 04:46 AM
Ooooh! Good Luck!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for an easy labor for you! :) I can't wait to see pictures of your precious baby boy! :)

chocolatepuppy
10-15-2007, 04:51 AM
Good luck! I can't wait to see Ronan! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
10-15-2007, 06:44 AM
Good Luck!

pitc9
10-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Good Luck!!
Can't wait to see the new guy!

DrKym
10-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Good thoughts hon! and kiss the big brothers for me I bet they are excited too! Give a hug to Derek, and save a few for yourself from us!

mina'smomma
10-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Good thoughts heading your way. Keep us updated.

NicoleLJ
10-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks so much everyone for your support. I really appreciate it.

Ok just got back. In a little pain. Hate teh procedure but sure worth it. lol I am already at 2cm's. And my doctor says everything seems ready. So he stripped the membranes and then sent me home. On the way home I had 2 contractions. So it is now just a matter of waiting to see if they keep coming or stop. If they stop then I am to phone in on Wednesday and they will apply some gell to try and induce me. But he doesn't think that will happen and it never has.

So that is the update for now. Will let you know as the day progresses.
Nicole & Sheena & Ajax

cassiesmom
10-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Best wishes, Nicole, and fingers here are crossed for a smooth labor.

sparks19
10-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Good Luck.... I hope everything goes quickly and smoothly and as painlessly as possible. :D Can't wait for updates.

critter crazy
10-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Good Luck Nicole, I bet you are realy excited now!!!:D

NicoleLJ
10-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Ronan is determined to stay put. GRRRRRR

Have not had any contractions since 2:30. Before that I had about 7. So I have no idea what is happening. I will just have to be patient. I think Ronan is just enjoying all the people waiting on him. lol
Nicole & Sheena & Ajax

NicoleLJ
10-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Well I am still at home. Very uneventful night and of course very little sleep. lol If nothing happens by late this afternoon I will have hubby phone and make an appointment for Wednesday for them to apply the Gell. I will keep you posted as the day progresses.
Nicole & Sheena & Ajax

Sirrahsim
10-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Sorry that you are still waiting :( Stripping the membranes only triggers labor if your body is ready for it. Some docs do it routinely sarting at around 36 weeks. It didn't do a thing for me with my first son .
Come on out, Ronan!! I know your Mommy is probably comfy but there is so much more excitement out in the world!!

NicoleLJ
10-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Well we are scheduled to go in tomorrow to the hospital and be admitted for them to apply the gell. I have no idea what this entails. So keep your fingers crossed that the gell works.
Nicole & Sheena & Ajax

Catty1
10-16-2007, 08:02 PM
All paws and fingers crossed here! :) Prayers being sent out too!

chocolatepuppy
10-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers headed your way Nicole.

sweetpatata6
10-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Good luck! And don't worry, I was a troublesome baby too... Exactly 2 weeks over due and decided to come the day before my mom was induced. Good vibes in getting that baby out sent your way!

jazzcat
10-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Good luck!!

cassiesmom
10-17-2007, 02:32 PM
It's Wednesday afternoon, and I don't see a new post from Nicole -- so I am hoping the gel treatment is working.

anna_66
10-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm hoping the reason you haven't updated is because your spending time with your new baby:D
Hope everything is going well.

Catty1
10-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Prayers and good wishes.... :)

sasvermont
10-17-2007, 06:44 PM
No news. I put my money on Nicole going for the delivery. Here's hoping! ;)

Welcome little one. < positive thinking, of course)

cyber-sibes
10-18-2007, 09:46 AM
I just saw this (I was in the hosp. myself for a day & pretty "out of it" for another, so I didn't see this till now) - any news yet?

mina'smomma
10-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Boy I hope the lack of Nicole's post means that Ronan is on his way or already here. :D