PDA

View Full Version : This Woman Takes Her Job Seriously

lizbud
10-14-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't know if I could be that committed to my job. :D

Animal Control Officer Dragged Two Miles

POSTED: 1:36 pm EDT October 13, 2007
UPDATED: 2:22 pm EDT October 13, 2007

ATHENS, Ga. -- A man who snatched his impounded dog without paying fled the county pound with something else -- the animal control officer who was trying to prevent him from leaving.

Athens-Clarke Animal Control officer Christy Champagne was dragged for nearly two miles while holding onto the car hood of Larry Henderson, 21, of Athens, according to police.

She said Henderson sped "off and on," and occasionally swerved, apparently trying to shake her off.

He was stopped by Athens-Clarke and Winterville police officers 1.7 miles away from the pound.

"It was an experience. I'm fine, but still upset. It never should have happened," Champagne said Friday.

Animal control employees had told Henderson he owed $85 in impound and boarding fees to get back his dog, which was picked up as a stray. Champagne tried to stop Henderson from leaving by getting on the car hood but was forced to hold onto it when he drove off, police said.

Henderson, who police say struggled with officers as they handcuffed him after he stopped his car, was charged with reckless conduct and simple battery, both misdemeanors.

Champagne said her arm was still sore, but had no more serious injuries.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten

critter crazy
10-14-2007, 10:26 AM
WOW!!! One brave, and crazy woman!! I dont know if 85$ was worth the risk!:eek:

Freedom
10-14-2007, 10:43 AM
And so, they stop the car, arrest and cuff him and off he goes, and the dog goes . . . back to the pound to incur more boarding fees?? Gee, this guy REALLY didn't think this through! :rolleyes: