PDA

View Full Version : Online Dog Supplies

MariaM
10-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Hey everybody. I have a couple questions and was hoping somebody could help me out here. I live in Canada and therefore I have some trouble buying from the US off the internet. This is because most sites are american and I never know how much shipping there will be, especially when they sometimes add duty at the border. I used to spend time looking at PetEdge, wishing I could order off of there. I remember there was a minimum 50$ order or something to get a deal on shipping, in the US.

So, I'm going to be in the states in November and I can get something shipped to my relatives house. However I checked PetEdge and it looks like their shipping policies have changed. So I suppose my first question is,

1) Does anybody order from PetEdge in the US, and what kind of shipping charges do they have?

and

2) What are some other websites I could look into that have cheap dog treats/collars/toys?

I can't for the life of me remember a website I used to look at. It had cheap pressed rawhide, my dog's favorite, and I so badly wanted to order. I checked and they shipped to the US only, so I guess I just lost the site.

If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Glacier
10-13-2007, 08:32 PM
This is where I order from:
http://www.petsupplyhouse.com/
Canadian store, prices in Canadian dollars, reasonable shipping rates, fast services and decent prices. I get their bulk rawhide packs quite often.

Freedom
10-13-2007, 08:35 PM
I jsut got an order from PetEdge last month, and the shipping was free over $50. You mean they changed it since then? Let me go check!

Edit: wow! I am surprised! I saved over $15 in shipping costs on that order. Maybe they change it when the holiday orders start?

I like pet edge and also these places:

www.thatpetplace.com
jefferspet.com
packmulesupplies.com
petsage.com

Well, best wishes with your orders!

Chica
10-15-2007, 09:33 AM
I always have been getting my pet supplies from Ryans pet. com on line for 3 years, since I got Chica!They are fast to delivering your order in one or two days max.I get everything for my pets except pet food. The pet food I get is Royal Canin, and they don't sell it. Their prices are very very good. :)

http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/default.asp

Here is their link.

Cinder & Smoke
10-15-2007, 10:58 AM
I just got an order from PetEdge last month, and the shipping was free over $50.

Edit: wow! I am surprised! I saved over $15 in shipping costs on that order. Maybe they change it when the holiday orders start?

:eek:

I thought it was "Free if order totaled over $50", the last time I ordered from them.

The Web Site now says:
Free Shipping Offer*
If your order is being shipped via UPS Ground Service within the continental U.S., and the merchandise total is over $550, we will pay ALL shipping costs*!

If your merchandise total is over $275, you pay just HALF of the shipping costs (we will pay the other half of UPS Ground Shipping costs*!)

*Excludes: plastic and wire crates, exercise pens, grooming tables, tubs, dryers, large bin storage containers, UPS large package, motor freight items, drop-shipped items and applicable C.O.D. charges.

from: http://www.petedge.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=free_shipping_offer
/s/ Phred

WELOVESPUPPIES
10-15-2007, 01:13 PM
I just ordered from Petedge. I don't remeber what the shipping for my order was but I did not worry about that too much as I received 4 outfits for under 18.00 including shipping and handling. I thought that was a pretty good deal as I have priced those exact same things on other sites and in local stores and I would have paid at least double that.

MariaM
10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Awww that sucks that it was changed so recent :(
Thanks for the sites, I'll check them out. Hopefully it is just a holiday thing for PetEdge to change their shipping...if not, it's crazy to change it so drastically!