PDA

View Full Version : Stephen's medicine adventure

Craftlady
10-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Poor guy will come to you for holding and sleeping on bed with us on his terms only.

We bribed with roasted chicken (we had for dinner), we did our "chase me" around the house. This is all for 1/2 ml of liquid bendryl for his sneezing mind you.
He got over excited and pooped on the kitchen floor :eek: :eek:

Never had this happen with an cat.

Guess I will catch him when he is napping on a chair.

catmandu
10-13-2007, 05:39 PM
WE ARE PRAYING THAT STEPHEN WILL BE BETTER SOON, AND DONT WORRY ABOUT THAT ACCIDENT!
JOSEPH OCCASIONALLY WILL LEAVE A LOVE OFFERING BY THE LITTER BOX TO SHOW THE OTHER FOUND CATS WHO THE BIG BOSS CAT IS!!
THATS IF MIQUELITO TRIES FOR TOP CAT, BY NOT COVERING HIS.
STINK WARS HERE ON SOME DAYS!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011247.jpg

Craftlady
10-13-2007, 05:44 PM
He's always had "allergy" type symptoms from time we got him in March.
It gets worse when it's hotter ourside (been in 90's allot this summer). Our vet had suggested bendryl. Easier said then done giving this little guy medicines. LOL

Freedom
10-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Oh Stephen, you have a choice: sneeze your fool head off or take your meds! Help mom help you, dear boy!

I have one psare bedroom set up or easy catches; no place they can hide that I cna't reach them. I herd the "patient" in there and close the door to get started. I also find pills MUCH easier than liquids.

Catty1
10-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Can you mix it into 'really stinky' wet food?

I've done the chase with Oscar for kennel-to-the-vet time. It's a workout!

jenluckenbach
10-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Silly Stephen, you must take your medicine!

Hopefully this will get easier (for you all), in time. ;)

Craftlady
10-13-2007, 07:31 PM
He was semi asleep upstairs in his favorite spot, I got the dose in him. ;)

Catty1
10-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Lol. Ambush! :d

kimlovescats
10-13-2007, 10:25 PM
I don't blame him! Liquid Benadryl tastes TERRIBLE!!! :p I wonder if they have children's tablets or chewables of it?

Craftlady
10-13-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't blame him! Liquid Benadryl tastes TERRIBLE!!! :p I wonder if they have children's tablets or chewables of it?

Actually, I'm using childrens formula which is cherry flavored. They do make tablets but pilling him is next to impossible.

krazyaboutkatz
10-14-2007, 01:51 AM
Actually, I'm using childrens formula which is cherry flavored. They do make tablets but pilling him is next to impossible.
You could try putting the pills into pill pockets. I do this with Storm and he thinks that he's getting a special treat. Good luck.:)

Craftlady
10-14-2007, 07:46 AM
You could try putting the pills into pill pockets. I do this with Storm and he thinks that he's getting a special treat. Good luck.:)

Pill pockets cant buy them in my immediate area. PetSmart probably/might carry them they are 28 miles one way. Only go there everyother month to get supply of food.
Actually, I prefer liquid medications.
One squirt and it's done.

jenluckenbach
10-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Actually, I prefer liquid medications.
One squirt and it's done.
Laughing at myself, I once was so over-zealous with the liquid meds, and trying to get them into the cat as FAST as possible, that the liquid actually bounced back OUT of the cat's mouth and all over me. :o (LOL)

Catsnclay
10-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Laughing at myself, I once was so over-zealous with the liquid meds, and trying to get them into the cat as FAST as possible, that the liquid actually bounced back OUT of the cat's mouth and all over me. :o (LOL)

LOL - I know exactly what you are talking about, Jen - same thing happend to me before I learned!! :rolleyes:

We now mix all Rx's with Gerber's Chicken 2nd food baby food. They all just love it!!

I also give them the baby food - plain - every once in a while just as a treat, so they know they are getting a "treat".

Giving a cat medicine is not fun or easy! :p

momcat
10-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Aw, come on Stephen, please take your medicine for Meowmie. It will make you feel much better and make your sneezies go away too.