PDA

View Full Version : Is it Destiny? Or is it Coincidence?

Bengalz
10-12-2007, 12:08 PM
This may seem somewhat odd but since Eve came to be with us, I have often wondered if this is a case of destiny (meant to be) or just coincidence?

Approximately 4 years ago around mid December I came very close to adopting a little Maine Coon from a rescue shelter in Northern B.C. Papers were done, vet check was done, etc. and all that was to happen is a scheduled flight to Vancouver. My husband and I had a heartfelt discussion at which time he revealed that he just did not feel ready to adopt another cat after losing our two precious babies that had been with us for so many years. Considering his feelings I called and explained why we would not adopt the Maine Coon.

The interesting thing about this story is that Eve was born on December 13 - four years ago - almost exactly when we decided NOT to adopt the maine coon. She is and will be an 'only child' because she does not get along with other cats. If we had the maine coon, chances are Eve would not have chosen to live with us and/or we would not have been able to keep her.

Eve has now been with us for 1 1/2 years - she will be 4 in December. She is our baby and my husband cannot imagine life without his little girl.

Is this destiny or coincidence? Any thoughts?

Taz_Zoee
10-12-2007, 12:11 PM
My opinion is Eve was meant to be with you. So that's why you and hubby decided not to adopt the main coon.
Everything happens for a reason. You were chosen to be there for Eve. :)

Ginger's Mom
10-12-2007, 12:15 PM
I am not sure I would use the word destiny. But I believe all things happen for a reason. Eve was meant to be your baby.

moosmom
10-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Bengalz,

I truly believe that things happen for a reason. When I was looking for a second cat, I went to a friend's house whose cat had kittens. There was this pun y little orange and white kitten who jumped on my shoulders and meowed as if to say, "Okay, let's go home!"

Casey "Bubba Dude" was with me for 8 years. He was my heart kitty.

I think it was destiny. It was MEANT to happen.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-12-2007, 06:06 PM
I think somethings happen because of destiny and other things are purely coincidence. I think Eve was destined to be with you, that was no coincidence. :)

Bengalz
10-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Thank you all :) it is serendipitious however, with your help, I am certainly convinced Eve was meant to be with us :D I do wish we had her since babyhood because then she would not have had to endure the hardships of her early years. :( Perhaps in some way, that too was meant to be because knowing she had a tough start, we are continuously compensating for her loss and it seems to have worked :D She is a happy and extremely spoiled little child today :p and we like her that way :)

P.S. Donna I love your story about Casey "Bubba Dude" - what a smart boy :D knowing exactly who his mamma was!!

loveallfurryfriends
10-12-2007, 09:53 PM
She was absolutely your destiny.