PDA

View Full Version : I feel so horrible...UPDATED!!!

Nobas Mom
10-12-2007, 12:06 PM
So my roommates wanted a dog of their own, so after we all talked about it, we searched ads for dogs and found a 1 year old german shepherd mix. We had to be specific because of a few things in our house. My roommates have a 2 month old, so the dog has to be good with kids. Noba is hit and miss on which dogs he likes, so no males. The dog we found sounded perfect. She was trained in basic commands, good with kids, dogs and cats and already fixed and UTD on her shots. So we went and picked up the dog, poor man that was giving her away was in tears (going through a bad divorce and unable to continue Mischa's care). Mischa is the "puppy", all 90 lbs of her... she is huge... :eek:

Anyway, unfortunately, I don't know if it's cause she is a puppy or what, but Noba and her are NOT getting along. Well let me restate that, Noba is not getting along with her at all. He constantly walks around her growling, won't let me or my husband anywhere near her... they've gottten into a few squabbles over dumb stuff, but Noba is clearly the aggressor. And the puppy is just too hyper around the baby for my roommates sanity to stay intact. So the puppy has to go back to the original owner this weekend. Hopefully he can find her a good home. And the search will continue for the perfect dog for my roommates and Noba, apparently...

UPDATED: So I just talked to my husband (I'm at work), and he told me that Mischa and Noba have been playing together all day... hmmm.... :confused:
We talked and decided to give her through the weekend to see how they really do. I guess the real test will be when I get home. Noba has not been letting me get near Mischa, he sees me as HIS hooman... so I guess we'll see, hopefully it doesn't come to ME moving out for the next few months.... :D

jackie
10-12-2007, 12:11 PM
If they have a two month old baby, they should look at a dog that is fully out the puppy stage. My suggestion is a calm dog 3 years or more. Good luck at finding the perfect match.

pitc9
10-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Don't feel bad, you tried and it just didn't work out.

I'm sure she find a great home, she sounds like a wonderful dog!!

Nobas Mom
10-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, we talked about an older dog last night, and we are gonna keep looking. Unfortunately, we will all be going our separate ways as roommates next year, but in the meantime, Noba is a factor on what dog they do get... so it does limit it a little more. He's hit and miss on the dogs he likes, so I guess he will have to tell us what dogs he likes... :rolleyes:

They are gonna go to the humane society this week and start looking for an older, more calm dog... so wish us and them luck!!!!

Nobas Mom
10-12-2007, 05:35 PM
updated

Taz_Zoee
10-12-2007, 05:48 PM
That sounds like a good thing. I hope it works out!! :D :D And I hope you don't have to move out...LOL

molucass
10-12-2007, 07:32 PM
The best thing to do if it doesn't happen to work out with the new puppy is for all of you to go to the humane society together and bring Noba.
That way ya'll can meet the new dog and so can he. You can let the dogs meet on neutral territory to see how they get along and if Noba likes the dog there, chances are he will like it at home as well.
In other words, there won't be another chance of you having to return the new dog.

I also agree with what others have said. I would go for an older dog rather than a puppy. One that is no longer in the puppy stage at all.

pitc9
10-13-2007, 07:16 AM
So..... how did it go when you came home??

Nobas Mom
10-13-2007, 09:58 AM
When I first got home, we let Noba and Sadie in the house to say their much welcome hellos to me and calm down first. Then about 20 minutes later, we let Mischa in. Noba growled a little bit at first, but then they pretty much ignored each other... :)

My hubby and I went outside on the back deck for a few minutes later on that evening and the two started playing tug o war!!! So I think things may be alright... :D