PDA

View Full Version : Do You Believe in Destiny? Or is it Coincidence?

Bengalz
10-12-2007, 12:04 PM
This may seem somewhat odd but since Eve came to be with us, I have often wondered if this is a case of destiny (meant to be) or just coincidence?

Approximately 4 years ago around mid December I came very close to adopting a little Maine Coon from a rescue shelter in Northern B.C. Papers were done, vet check was done, etc. and all that was to happen is a scheduled flight to Vancouver. My husband and I had a heartfelt discussion at which time he revealed that he just did not feel ready to adopt another cat after losing our two precious babies that had been with us for so many years. Considering his feelings I called and explained why we would not adopt the Maine Coon.

The interesting thing about this story is that Eve was born on December 13 - four years ago - almost exactly when we decided NOT to adopt the maine coon. She is and will be an 'only child' because she does not get along with other cats. If we had the maine coon, chances are Eve would not have chosen to live with us and/or we would not have been able to keep her.

Eve has now been with us for 1 1/2 years - she will be 4 in December. She is our baby and my husband cannot imagine life without his little girl.

Is this destiny or coincidence? Any thoughts?

P.S. I just realized I meant to post this in General and apologize for the confusion. Betty