PDA

View Full Version : A bear in the house

Paul
08-05-2002, 01:07 PM
   A bear in the house is not really news. But this wild bear was visiting a family in Japan. (http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20020804p2a00m0fp001000c.html) I did not know there were bears in Japan.

Paul

koxka
08-06-2002, 02:43 AM
Lol,it seems tha the unfortunate bear was more scary than the humans!:D

Hopefully it didn't stuck in the window, go figure a 60x30 cm.window for a bear! It must be in a real hurry!:D

Koxka:cool:

Logan
08-06-2002, 05:26 AM
That would have scared me to death!!! :eek:

Ann
08-06-2002, 07:03 AM
Phew, I'm glad the bear didn't get hurt or anything

08-06-2002, 10:03 AM
a bear ??!! and I am already so scared to death for spiders ...............:rolleyes: :eek:

zippy-kat
08-06-2002, 01:12 PM
a bear :eek: :eek: >slightly bear-o-phobic<

I didn't read the article but earlier this summer, a blk bear tried to go through my aunt's screen door--she was frying chicken & I suppose Mr. Bear thought he'd help himself.

(**This bear was becoming to "friendly" (he had already been located 3 times before this stunt). He was coming right up on the porches of houses, killing livestock, looking in windows, and trying to go into houses, barns, etc. Someone eventually called the game farm and they 'disposed' of the bear.)

sottice
08-06-2002, 06:58 PM
They 'disposed' of the bear, Zippy cat? By that do you mean killed? If so, what a shame.

zippy-kat
08-06-2002, 08:18 PM
Yes, Sottice, the game wardens shot the bear.

I'm not fond of bears at all-- but I can't help but feel some sadness for his death, yet at the same time he was putting the humans in danger. I have mixed feelings about the situation.

kohala
08-07-2002, 12:48 AM
I agree, ZippyKat - I know bears are all over the place where we hope to retire in Idaho, Dadcat's home. He used to watch them munching on the pears from the pear trees in the morning, sometimes. He said they basically didn't bother anyone, as long as you didn't bother them. It's sad when animals suffer for loss of habitat, or get lost and/or misdirected and wander into "our" territory!!

zippy-kat
08-07-2002, 01:55 AM
From what I understand, the bear population in that neck of the woods (and i do mean WOODS lol) has seemingly sky rocketed. (which is both good and bad) So far that bear was the only one to have caused any problems.

Something I'd like to point out, (just cause I think it's pretty neat ;) ), no new houses have been built in that area for at least 15-20 yrs! The "kids" move on to the cities and the "parents/grandparents" stay in the house(s) they were raised in. (My grandpa, for example, lives in the oldest house in the valley. It use to serve as a hotel as it was the only ''stoppin' place'' between two of the "larger" cities--this was back in the horse/buggy days. Grandpa moved into that house when he was 2--at age 92 (93 in Nov.) he still lives there! Pretty neat!)

lovemymaltese
08-07-2002, 03:10 PM
I would freak out to see a wild ebar in the house, I bet that poor bear was terrified as well.