PDA

View Full Version : I hate to ask for prayers but ...

.sarah
10-11-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm scared. Last night while I was in my astronomy class I got a sharp shooting pain in my abdomen while we were out looking through the telescopes. After that I got really, really dizzy and I had to go sit down. I called my parents not too long after and asked them to come get me because I didn't think I could drive home. The pain continued all night long and through this morning. I went to the doctor and they think I have appendicitis or an ovarian cyst, though they are leaning more towards appendicitis. I had blood drawn and an ultrasound and we are waiting on the results. So I may have to have surgery soon. Luckily it's done by a laser (I think?) but I am still scared as I've never had anything like this happen to me. So if you wouldn't mind, would you please keep me in your thoughts over the next couple of days. Thank you.

pitc9
10-11-2007, 10:09 AM
{{HUGS}} and prayers sent your way!

mina'smomma
10-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Prayers and Healing thoughts heading your way from Central MI

BitsyNaceyDog
10-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Sending prayers.

Ginger's Mom
10-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Sending out more prayers and {{{hugs}}} from NJ.

Catty1
10-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Hugs and prayers! You'll be ok, hon...

dukedogsmom
10-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Good wishes for a speedy recovery. Try not to be too scared. When I had my operation, I woke up feeling so rested. Was the best sleep I ever had. I hope you're feeling a lot better soon.

Animalhouse26
10-11-2007, 11:23 AM
I am sorry you are going through these things. I had the same thing happen to me a few years back. And I HATE Docter's , so i ended up waiting a week with the pain before I went. Come to find out I had Ovarian Cysts, and Polyps :( So, I know what pain your going through, and it sucks! Your in my thoughts. Just take it easy!

.sarah
10-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the good thoughts. We just got a call from the doctor and I don't have appendicitis, I have an ovarian cyst. So I guess that's good news. But they said they are just going to monitor the cyst which means that I will continue to have bad pain from it during that special time of the month. They want to do another ultrasound in December. So I guess they're just going to leave it, but when we were talking with the doctor earlier she did mention that it might have to be drained at some point. So I guess only time will tell what's going to happen. Thank you again for the thoughts.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh, no, Sarah! How scary! My cousin Breanna had the same thing a few months ago, abdomen pain, and she also had to have it removed. But, she is fine now, and I am sure you will be fine too, Sarah! Keep us updated, and I will keep you in my prayers :)

moosmom
10-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Thoughts and prayers coming your way from Connecticut!! ;)

gini
10-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Never be afraid to ask for prayers here at Pet Talk. This is the most caring group of people that you will ever find!

You have my prayers that all will be well.

Kfamr
10-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Yikes! How scary. I'm sorry you have to have extra pain added on to that time of the month. :( I'll keep you in my thoughts.

ilovemypup
10-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Aww I am so sorry!
I hope all goes well and the pain will stop!
Best wishes, thoughts and good luck you !

-Ali

anna_66
10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear this Sarah. That's all you need, to have more pain at that time of the month :(

I hope you don't have any more bad pain.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
(((HUGS)))
Anna

ramanth
10-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Thoughts and prayers! Having Endometriosis, I can sympathise with the abdominal pain. :( *hugs*

Freedom
10-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Hugs. Prayers for you and the docs to work out a plan.

cloverfdx
10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Lots of healing vibes and {{Hugs}} coming your way Sarah :(.