PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray for Calgary Humane Cats

Catty1
10-10-2007, 06:49 PM
I have spoken with the manager, Cheryl Wallach in the past. She is a caring, sincere person. Even with a new building, and doing everything they can, this can happen. Please pray for all involved. :(

http://www.calgaryhumane.ca/

Humane Society stops taking cats

calgary.ctv.ca

POSTED AT 5:00 PM Wednesday, October 10
The Calgary Humane Society is no longer accepting or adopting out any cats or kittens.

Calgary Humane Society

The facility has an outbreak of feline distemper.

A kitten had the deadly disease when it was taken to the shelter and officials say it spreads fairly easily.

It can also live on surfaces for a very long time.

Cats already adopted are being held a few extra days to ensure they are healthy.

Cheryl Wallach from the Calgary Humane Society says staff will deep clean all cat areas several times and then fog it with disinfectant.

“We have to destroy anything that can't be completely sterilized. So any soft toys and bedding it’s all being thrown out. So we need replacements, in terms of washable toys, towels, blankets for the cats,” said Wallach.

Anyone who finds a stray or must surrender their own cat is being asked by the Society to hold on to it for a little while.

If a stray in distress it should be taken to the nearest vet.

The shelter is still open for dogs and other animals.

For more information visit the Calgary Humane Society web site.

kimlovescats
10-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Oh no! I pray they can get it under control before too many are lost! :(

catmandu
10-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I Still Remember That Day When I Walked Into The Shelter And All There Were Were Empty Cages.
The Same Thing Happened And Every Cat Was Pts.
We Are Praying For Those Poor Stray Cats , And That As Many Can Be Saved As Possible.