PDA

View Full Version : 2 kittens dropped in my yard Sat. night- UPDATE!

kimlovescats
10-10-2007, 03:58 PM
When my daughter Amanda came in from her date this Saturday night, she found 2 kittens in our yard. There are never any free-roaming cats in our neighborhood except one adult calico who is out just at night. These two I am guessing got past the "tiny cute kitten stage" so they got the boot! :rolleyes: :mad:

I still haven't named them ... any takers for these babies???

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/October%20Drop-Offs/OctoberYardStrays100807018.jpg

Oh ... they are both little boys, and need to be neutered ASAP! You know, time to spend some money on them! :rolleyes:

catmandu
10-10-2007, 04:10 PM
They Are Such Wonderful Cats, And As You Say Right On The Brink Of Being Adult Cats!
What A Shame It Is That Someone Dumped Them, But At Least They Dumped Them Where They Are Going To Be Treated Well , And Will Find Furr Ever Homes.
These Are Odd Names, But To Me They Look Like The Tiger And Scratchy Cats Who Used To Be Porch Cats Not All That Long Ago.
We Know Kim, That These Young Gentlecats Are In The Best Hands Possible.

orangemm
10-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Oh my. I can't imagine anyone just dumping these little ones. What is wrong with people? :mad: :eek:

What good looking young men they are! And, they are sooo lucky!!

Catty1
10-10-2007, 04:30 PM
AWWWW....look at the happy toes on the left! :D

What stunning babies!

Names: Hey You and Who Me. ;)

(My sister knew of two cats that had these names...really! But then they'd have to be rehomed as a pair!)

lvpets2002
10-10-2007, 04:42 PM
;) Aweee they are both so Adorable & Such Cutie Pies.. Here is two names maybe = Prince & Prance

Freedom
10-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Looks like they settled right in, so they MUST have been in a home before. Nutty people dumping kitties. Thanks for helping them, Kim!

jenluckenbach
10-10-2007, 06:20 PM
They are spectacular!!!

carole
10-10-2007, 06:51 PM
I agree with Jen, they are just a stunning pair, i am sure they will be snapped up in no time, thank goodness they were abandoned in your back yard, but shame on those nasty people ,good luck.

kimlovescats
10-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I agree that they were probably indoor babies. Both of their paw pads are still nice and soft, but they are both dirty. I'm guessing someone didn't want to deal with them any more, or have them neutered, so they decided it was time to drop them off on someone else! :mad: They were a bit timid at first, probably scared to death, but they both rolled over and begged for attention. It didn't take but one night for them to start coming out and asking for love! Now they are running through the house like maniacs! (as I type) :p

Donnaj4962
10-10-2007, 08:27 PM
How sad that they were "dumped" by someone. :( People still amaze me, even still after all these years!

These two sure are handsome! Will they be staying??? :D

kimlovescats
10-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Will they be staying??? :D

At least long enough to be sure they have shots and are neutered! I just got Daxter's (my last adoptee) appointment for his neuter scheduled for next Thursday the 18th. Every time I think I have everyone "fixed" here comes someone else in need! :rolleyes: I would REALLY love for someone here on PT to take both of these "still nameless" boys!!! PLEASE SOMEBODY????

Kim

Medusa
10-10-2007, 09:24 PM
People make me sick sometimes. They're so sweet. How about Kit and Kaboodle?

jennielynn1970
10-10-2007, 10:04 PM
What sweetie pies! They look so at ease!

critter crazy
10-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Awwww....they are just so handsome!!! there was definitely an angle looking out for these two! they knew exactly where to guide these lost kitties!:D

Don Juan's mom
10-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Hmmmm.... how about Tom and Ray? :D

Liz

catlover4ever
10-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Kim, don't take this the wrong way but they sure know who's house to drop them at. They sure are adorable.

kb2yjx
10-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Kim, Those sweethearts came to the right place where they will get the care they need!!!

smokey the elder
10-11-2007, 09:01 AM
That is the age when kittens really start developing their purrsonalities. I love kittens that age, even if they can be little terrors! :D

cassiesmom
10-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Hmmmm.... how about Tom and Ray? :D

Liz
Or Click and Clack? Kim, they are beautiful boys. Just beautiful!

jazzcat
10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Well it looks like the Kim's Rescue sign must still be working.

They are cute little guys and sure look content in your home.

kimlovescats
10-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Well, this is the first time I've ever had any dropped right in my yard. I'm very surprised for as long as I was officially in rescue! Towards the end I got smart and started meeting people in other locations, for that very reason!

I have finally named them Joey and Johnny. Joey is the more brown one and Johnny has the most white.

Kim

krazyaboutkatz
10-11-2007, 11:43 PM
They sure are adorable and I hope that their neutering will go well and that they're healthy.:) I'm glad that they found you to care for them and hopefully they'll be able to find a new loving forever home. Good luck and please keep us updated about them.:)

kimlovescats
10-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Well thank God! I found a great rescue in Nashville who took these two boys in! They will NOT euthanize unless the cat is ill or is unadoptable because of aggression issues! These guys are as sweet as can be and very outgoing! Also, they will try their best to keep them together and place them together! Good luck widdle boys! I'm glad I was able to help you out!

Kim

Catty1
10-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh, Great! I hope they keep you updated so you can update us!

Good luck in getting a furrever home, guys! You are SOOO sweet, that shouldn't take long! :)