PDA

View Full Version : Look what followed me home. ;)

jenluckenbach
10-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Well, actually, I had to carry him. ;)

Someone brought him in to the grooming shop today, as a stray that she did not know what to do with.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/Stray10-10-07.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/Stray-10-10-07.jpg

Not only is he beautiful, he is friendly and not afraid of anything. (so far) He had a nail clip, a flea bath and is going to the vet....well, right now. He'll be tested and vaccinated and dewormed.

He is long haired and already neutered, so I bet he can find a new family quickly. Seems to be young, too.

I'll let you know how it goes at the vet.

I might call him Columbus. but I am not sure yet.

Catty1
10-10-2007, 03:36 PM
...awwwww....

He seems so tame...if he was already neutered, it makes me wonder if he has an owner looking for him.

He looks really sweet. I hope he gets a furrever home before he has to come to your house...he might stress the messy ones out even more! :)

catmandu
10-10-2007, 03:56 PM
I Was Thinking The Same Thing As Candance, That He Does Not Resemble A Stray To Me.
Especially If Hes Neutered Already And Is That Calm Around People. Its A Shame That He Has No Identification Because Someone May Be Looking For Colombus Now.
I Would Send The Shelters His Photo In Case Someones Looking For That Handsome One.

kimlovescats
10-10-2007, 04:01 PM
He is gorgeous! I bet he is lost!!!

orangemm
10-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Poor boy! I wonder if he is lost? If he were mine, I would be frantic searching for him.

They always know where to find YOU! :)

Taz_Zoee
10-10-2007, 04:28 PM
You are amazing!!! If I were a stray kitty, I'd definitely want to be in your neighborhood. :)
Sometimes I am thankful that I live with my BF, because I'd probably have a ton of animals. Yeah, I know, that's not a bad thing, but he won't let me. :(

jenluckenbach
10-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Well, it is true he may have an owner. But cats aren't to be free roaming (around here) so, I'll just have to see if someone comes looking for him. He was plenty dirty (no mats, though), had fleas and seems thin for his size. And he ate like he hadn't had a regular meal. So, I would say he was not lost just recently.

The vet thinks he is about a year and a half old. He weighed 9 pounds. Tested Negative/Negative.

He also has 1 extra front toe! :) (1 big mitten, 1 regular front paw)

Columbus's exploring days are over. He's now safely inside! :)

Catsnclay
10-10-2007, 05:28 PM
You are amazing!!! If I were a stray kitty, I'd definitely want to be in your neighborhood. :)
Sometimes I am thankful that I live with my BF, because I'd probably have a ton of animals. Yeah, I know, that's not a bad thing, but he won't let me. :(

My husband is the same way....he says 3 is enough :(

If it were up to me, I would have a household full, just like Jen, Lisa and all the rest!!

Donnaj4962
10-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi Columbus! You sure are a cutie pie! If you are lost, and someone is looking for you.... you have found the best place to be while waiting "to be found"! Jen will take such good care of you and give you lots of luvvins!

Wow, Jen, you are truly amazing!

Medusa
10-10-2007, 09:27 PM
My husband is the same way....he says 3 is enough !

3? Did you say 3? I can't even remember those days. It's been so long....

shais_mom
10-10-2007, 10:35 PM
what a pretty boy! :D

Freedom
10-11-2007, 08:58 AM
He he, Jen, you must just give off the right vibes for miles! These kitties do know who they can come to, don't they?

Such a handsome boy, best wishes with the vet check!

cassiesmom
10-11-2007, 10:24 AM
He's beautiful!

kimlovescats
10-11-2007, 12:53 PM
So glad that he tested negative!!! I agree, if he did have an owner, it's been a while and he deserves better!!!

Kim

sasvermont
10-11-2007, 01:56 PM
My first cat took a hike one time (out a window and on to the roof) and reappeared weeks later. She had her collar on and finally took the time to sit somewhere in public so someone could read her name etc. A vet called me to let me know that they had my cat, near death. I was living in Aspen Colorado at the time, so you can imagine the vet bill. Sabrina, the kitty, lived to be 21.

So it is not always an irresponsible owner, although an open window is being a bit irresponsible isn't it?

What a sweet, sweet girl she was. I paid someone to board her while I lived in a hotel, ski bummed and worked as a maid. It was fun. I think she enjoyed living with some guys for that same time cycle. She was a dear.

I hope Columbus finds his owners or a great new home. They all deserve the love and attention, even though they have been known to create their own little problems by taking off! :eek:

jenluckenbach
10-11-2007, 03:12 PM
The problems with a stray, is that we DON'T KNOW! Could be a frantic owner, looking for the baby. Or an inconsiderate owner that doesn't care one way or other.

Get this story.......it happened not too long ago to a grooming customer who lives close to our grooming shop. She found a lost Shih Tzu. Cute, friendly....etc, As this person went about trying to locate the owner (no tags with an address) she DID actually find them just by word of mouth. The people DID NOT WANT THE DOG BACK! They were going to take the dog to the SPCA when it ran off, and they simply never bothered to look for it. :mad:

So you can't always assume someone is grieved over losing an animal. :(

In the meantime he is safe, well fed, and comfy. Albeit not too overjoyed with the cat population :rolleyes: . But he'll adjust.

sasvermont
10-11-2007, 03:35 PM
I just don't get it. It seems that there are such extremes when it comes to attitudes toward pets. People are strange, aren't they? I love all little creatures....well, that's not totally true, but I wouldn't harm one.....except a spider......or fly....or wasp....or bat.......or snakes......need I go on......? I love pets, just not all creatures....Hope I haven't offended anyone.

Keep up the good work Jen. There are probably hundreds of pets thanking you on a daily basis.

Catlady711
10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
it happened not too long ago to a grooming customer who lives close to our grooming shop. She found a lost Shih Tzu. Cute, friendly....etc, As this person went about trying to locate the owner (no tags with an address) she DID actually find them just by word of mouth. The people DID NOT WANT THE DOG BACK! They were going to take the dog to the SPCA when it ran off, and they simply never bothered to look for it. :mad:

So you can't always assume someone is grieved over losing an animal. :(

Reminds me of a client that came in about a year ago with a 'stray' dog she had fallen in love with. We scanned it and found a microchip. The lady called the original owner who did not want the dog back and seemed annoyed that anyone had traced it back to him. Makes you kinda wonder why he had a microchip put in the first place. Anyways so this lady ended up keeping the dog.

krazyaboutkatz
10-11-2007, 11:22 PM
He sure is handsome.:) I'm glad that his vet visit went well and that he's now safe and sound in your home. Hopefully he'll find his loving forever home soon. Good luck.:)

GILL
10-12-2007, 08:39 AM
I don't understand these people that don't want the animal back. This fellow is adorable, I hope that he finds his home soon ( first or last ). Come on! only three we have eight lovers now, but we have had 10 at one time ( small house ). The only problem we have is one of our guys MITS likes F1 racing and our Coon Chessie likes GTP so it depends on who cries the loudest. But it is so nice to cuddle with a bunch of warm fur at night.

kimlovescats
10-12-2007, 11:35 AM
You are SO right too, Jen! The more time that passes without seeing ads in the papers or posters up, makes you believe that this kitty was "lost" by no accident! :(

lvpets2002
10-12-2007, 11:51 AM
;) This Big Boy is so Handsome & I know he will get a home very soon.. Glad the Vet visit went well..

momcat
10-12-2007, 06:36 PM
What a beautiful kitty boy! Glad to know that his vet check went well and he'll be safe and loved with you. He's bound to find his furever home in no time. Is he as sweet as he looks? Does he have a name yet? Please give him plenty of scritchies and tummy rubs from me.