PDA

View Full Version : Kitty sports

Piglet
08-05-2002, 08:29 AM
This is a picture of Jip (14 yrs old), who lives with my parents.
She decided that ice-skating would be a fun activity for her to join in and is curled up in my dad's bag here, ready to go...unfortunately we didn't have any skates that would fit her, she was bitterly disappointed. ;)
Does anybody else have cats that enjoy (human) sports? (maybe tennis, rugby. swimming, golf or football)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p36e9587a9d28bd399ce3201d87deee25/fd72a05a.jpg

08-07-2002, 07:14 AM
Piglet , I do not think your Jip was excited to go skating , it was the bag she (or he) was interested !!! So are ALL cats !!
here is our RB-Sydney , while I was packing for our trip to France !!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

Piglet
08-07-2002, 07:23 AM
Nice picture of Sidney! I'm real sorry he passed away.:(

I suppose you're right, all cats do like bags, but Jip did do some skating one winter when the pond in my parents garden was frozen (I think she was very interested in the fishies under the ice ;) )

So, this thread should really be called 'kitties in bags'! Anyone else have pictures of cats in bags? (Or is this a 'been there, done that' in the Cat Forum???:) )

Former User
08-07-2002, 07:30 AM
Since you asked.... :D

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pictures/casperkitty54.jpg

Piglet
08-07-2002, 07:37 AM
Aaaw, Casper & Kitty, you were such sweet little kittens!!
Oh, and of course you're still really cute now! ;)

Former User
08-07-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Piglet
Aaaw, Casper & Kitty, you were such sweet little kittens!!
Oh, and of course you're still really cute now! ;)

Amaai, dank u! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-07-2002, 12:30 PM
Here's a picture of Peanut in a bag. Not a duffel bag, but still a bag. It's almost as if she's playing hide and seek and Tubby can't find her. ;) :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pebdf7fa7d1fff4b70bfcbb089520d6c7/fd6ef721.jpg

KittyKats10
08-14-2002, 03:35 PM
ooo they r all soo cute :D lol i have a funny pic. of my kitties in a bag and Jack is so funny and cute looking in the bag but hes really a little devil like his mommy ;)

sujei
09-01-2002, 01:21 AM
well i was watching animal planet and saw a surfing kitty who always went out with his human. it was really funny to see a wet kitty walkin around after a nice swim in tropical oceans.

C.C.'s Mom
09-01-2002, 02:50 AM
My neighbors cat Jezebel always joins them when they go sailing. They have their own boat and Jez simply sunbaths on the deck. And when they visit a harbour, Jez goes sightseeing and returns every evening. It's a funny creature that cat.

Uabassoon
09-06-2002, 03:01 AM
I had my first rugby practice of the season today and Tibby LOVED the way my clothes smelled afterwards. So I guess I can say she likes Rugby because my clothes smell like a bunch of other peoples sweat, dirt, and grass.

RICHARD
09-06-2002, 04:11 PM
my cat likes to play 'cat fishing'......

i was cleaning out a box of camping equipment when he discovered some nylon rope that i had wound around a tent
peg......well, the game has evolved into a game/sport/hobby for him and i.......i tied a small weight on the end of the line and cast
around the living room trying to catch the 'cat fish'...he really enjoys the game!

another sport/bit of tomfoolery is 'raceway kitty'

it's actually two games, when i come out of the bathroom he's sitting by the door, waiting......i raise my hands (ala frankenstein)
and say, "MONSTER", Eddie then takes off doing laps around the house....while i cheer him on with chants of 'raceway kitty!'.....

it's more for MY entertainment than his, please, do not let on.....

also, some sporting good stores sell a mesh/net type of duffel
bags, the mesh allows them to climb under/into the bag to 'hide',
my cat loves to lounge on them, especially in the winter.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-06-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

it's more for MY entertainment than his, please, do not let on.....

:D :D Sounds like you two have a lot of fun together. :D :D

How old is Eddie?

RICHARD
09-06-2002, 05:54 PM
thanks for asking........i am trying not to be the 'bragging father'!

eddie d katz (his first name came from Eddie the dog of 'frasier'
fame!) he is 5 years old, a white long hair. I'm sorry i do not have any pics to post.......i have worked with comps for 15 years and do not have one at home, go figure!! when my g-friend first brought him home he was small enough to fit into my t-shirt pocket.......he was only one month old!:) she picked him up from
a women outside a supermarket... Pat had two cats before, bear and cole, who she had to part with when she moved to her new digs-that broke my heart because i was attached to the pair (bear-if you read my other post-is the one that 'marked' me).

well to make a short story shorter, pat got sick around xmas and
had to find Eddie a place to stay while she had chemo.....it was to be a temporary stay until she finished her treatments .......I volunteered to take him because i couldn't bear (no pun intended)
to see him either put into a pound or having her son take him (not a viable option either). pat passed away on st. pat's day, so it's eddie and me against the world (or so we think!) I never thought that i would ever become so attached to a cat!!!!! it's been a real treat to have him around the house and he's made the last sixth months easier (you wouldn't believe the year i have had!) to get thru.

we have had to invent sports and entertainment to keep us company.....
the only sport i can do WITHOUT is the saturday morning lets-go-sit-on-dad's-head-so he'll-wake-up!

again, thanks asking and i'll try to stay on the thread subject next time!

aguu
09-19-2002, 03:55 PM
My kitty Ozzie likes kayaking!!
He went into the kayak and all around the lake with my hubby a few times this summer.
And he LOVED it! He sat up right at the front of the boat and looked around and chattered at all the dragonflies. I took some pictures - I will try to post them later!

AmberLee
09-19-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by aguu
...kayaking!!...I took some pictures...post them later!

I look forward to seeing these. Wow!