PDA

View Full Version : I am going to see GARTH BROOKS!!!

CountryWolf07
10-08-2007, 11:25 PM
I am going to see my favorite artist of all time in concert; that I grew up listening to since I was 10 years old, GARTH BROOKS!!! The concert is on Nov. 5th. My parents said I can do this. I feel this is my once in a lifetime opportunity! I NEVER EVER THOUGHT I WOULD GET THIS CHANCE!!!!!!!! I am still in denial about it because my friend said I have the ticket waiting for me! My friend told me I was the first person she thought of after she got tickets, and called me right away! :) I would be flying to Kansas City, Missouri just to see him!! I don't believe it. It won't be real, until I get to the airport.

wolf_Q
10-08-2007, 11:27 PM
That's great Rachel! I know this means a lot to you and you will really enjoy it. Have a great time! :D

CountryWolf07
10-08-2007, 11:30 PM
That's great Rachel! I know this means a lot to you and you will really enjoy it. Have a great time! :D

I KNOW I AM GOING TO!!!! I just can't believe it! Finally! I never thought I would get to see him.. I thank the lucky stars I get my chance this time around.. I called my mom today.. and I told her ""This is my chance! you know how you said you wanted to see the Beatles and you never got to? Well that's not happening to me, no way , mom!" haha... Oh my gosh!!! 2007 is really my year!

Taz_Zoee
10-08-2007, 11:39 PM
You will have a great time! I saw him years ago. And I'm so glad I got the chance to.
You are a very lucky girl!! :D :D

BC_MoM
10-09-2007, 12:26 AM
ENJOY AND HAVE LOTS OF FUN! Garth Brooks is amazing. :)

Cincy'sMom
10-09-2007, 06:14 AM
Congratulations Rachel! I'm sure it will be a great show!!!

I have tickets too, either for the 11th or the 14th.
( My best friend got both days) I'm just not sure which we can make with work schedules, as I'm supposed to be going to California around the same time frame.

pitc9
10-09-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm SO happy for you!!!

I'm sure you're going to have the time of you life at the concert!!!!

Daisy and Delilah
10-09-2007, 08:27 AM
YAY!!! Good for you Rachel!!!! Have a great time! :)

I'll never forget the time I passed up seeing him in Orlando and the tickets were going for $20 each. He did five concerts so everybody could get a chance to go :( His live performance has to be awesome.

CountryWolf07
10-09-2007, 10:30 AM
I just knew I couldn't pass this one up; I remember as a kid, around 1997-1998, I asked my mom to get tickets to see Garth Brooks in Cleveland... and she said "No, not right now, but you can someday." and he did THREE nights, and I was only 20 minutes away. I am just so excited! I don't even know where to begin on how I feel about this. It probably won't feel real until I actually step foot into the airport to fly over to Kansas City!

Oh CincysMom, don't pass this one up. You never know if he will be doing it again. He wasn't supposed to! He kept saying he would not return until his youngest child was in college. But noooo, he did come back! Just for a limited time.

Cincy'sMom
10-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Oh CincysMom, don't pass this one up. You never know if he will be doing it again. He wasn't supposed to! He kept saying he would not return until his youngest child was in college. But noooo, he did come back! Just for a limited time.

Hopefully it will work out for both my husband and I to go! I was checking flights this morning from KC to Organge County to see if I go just to to CA from there and work Tuesday-Thursday. Looks like it is comprable to going from Detriot, so the company should pick it up.

I did get to see him once in Kentucky when I was in college, but you are right, who knows when we may get another chance!

Where are your seats? Our Sunday Tickets are in Section 202 (the more likely show for us), or Wednesday night's are in Section 120. Since you could only get 6 total for the run, my friend has 4 for Wednesday and 2 for Sunday. She and her husband are going Wednesday.

CountryWolf07
10-09-2007, 05:15 PM
We are in 218.. We just got lucky enough to be able to get seats! That's all it matters. Although I was thinking.. it's like, behind the stage! I doubt that Garth would allow that... so I am hoping he has a situation for the big screens and whatnot all set up for everywhere in the arena...

Cincy'sMom
10-09-2007, 06:00 PM
It is amzing how quickly things change, but I am not going to be able to go to the conert. I got a phone call this afternoon about a content I won, and I will be in Miami Florida Sunday night. I may still be there Wednesday, but that is a whole 'nother thread!

The concert I went to in Kentucky, we were waaayyyy up in the stands. Garth runs round and moves around stage so mch, no area is left out. He plays to theback to the front and to the sides. You will still see a great show!

Suki Wingy
10-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Congratulations! I would LOVE to be able to see Garth live. Have fun! :D

joycenalex
10-10-2007, 09:04 AM
i saw him when he was here in columbus in 1998. he does a fantastic show. very long, very high energy and worth every penny. enjoy and take lots of pictures.

Chica
10-10-2007, 12:49 PM
You are very lucky!I love Garth to!! :) ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/CHICA2/arg-happy-pumpkin-drop-sm-url.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/CHICA2/arg-trick-or-treat-url.gif

mina'smomma
10-10-2007, 02:26 PM
We are in 218.. We just got lucky enough to be able to get seats! That's all it matters. Although I was thinking.. it's like, behind the stage! I doubt that Garth would allow that... so I am hoping he has a situation for the big screens and whatnot all set up for everywhere in the arena...

When I went to one of his concerts he had the stage set up to where he could interact with all the fans. It was really cool as not many stars even today do that. He said he didn't want any fan to feel that he didn't appreciate them.

CountryWolf07
10-11-2007, 07:52 PM
I DID IT!!

I JUST BOOKED MY FLIGHT! I LEAVE ON NOV. 3 to fly to Kansas City, and head back home to Columbus on Nov. 6!

(is it okay if I started crying about it?)

*sigh* my dream... is finally coming true.. and I can't believe it!

Taz_Zoee
10-11-2007, 08:02 PM
(is it okay if I started crying about it?)

Of course it is! Those are happy tears!! :D

CountryWolf07
10-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Well, I am very crazy.... I just wrote a letter to the program director to the country station in Kansas City.... and who knows.....

Hello, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Rachel Counts. I am 23 years old, and from Ohio. I have been a fan of Garth Brooks since I was 7 or 8 years old. I was born with severe hearing loss, and when I was 16 years old, I received a cochlear implant to allow me to gain back my hearing that I had lost. Being hearing impaired, as a little girl, I was not into music at all, until my dad tapped me on the shoulder and told me to listen to this song that came on the radio and that it was a great song by an artist. The song was “Two of the Kind, Working on a Full House”, by Garth. After that, I would only listen to him, because he was only the artist I could understand. I remember when I was little, I would always play his music on repeat, everywhere I went in the car with my parents, I would have them put in his CD, if they wouldn't, I threw a fit over it. Now, I am in college, I attend the Ohio State University, majoring in art and technology. When I heard about Garth's concerts in Kansas City, I was feeling upset because I never had a chance to see him in concert, until one day my friend surprised me by a phone call saying she got tickets to see Garth. I was happy for her, she deserved it, and she told me I was the first person she thought of to ask if I wanted to come down to Missouri to see Garth. So, with that being said, I am in college, I am going to skip a day of three classes just to see Garth. I felt this was my once in a lifetime opportunity and I could not miss it. It has been my lifetime dream to see Garth in concert and it is finally coming true, and I am unbelievably excited. It's also been a dream of mine to tell him my story about my implants and how he, personally, brought music to my ears, and thank him for introducing the wonderful world of music to me. Without his music I wouldn't have probably gave music a chance. And I want him to know how much that means to me and thank him.

Thanks for reading, but if you can help fulfill my dream, it would be such an amazing experience, and one I will NEVER forget.

Sincerely,
Rachel Counts

mina'smomma
10-12-2007, 07:47 AM
That is a wonderful letter Rachel. I hope you get to meet him.

CountryWolf07
10-12-2007, 09:36 AM
WOW! The program director already e-mailed me back!!!

"Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the story, that's amazing!

I don't know what the situation is or will be here with Garth but if you
reach out closer to the show I will have an idea.

Thanks!

Mike Kennedy, VP Programming & Operations
Wilks Broadcast - Kansas City
Program Director KBEQ #1 For NEW Country
Co-Host Morning Drive Show on Q104
816-753-4000 ext. 4845"

Pawsitive Thinking
10-12-2007, 09:48 AM
That is so exciting!!!

Your letter moved me to tears so I sure hope it gets passed on. You are going to have a fabulous time :D

CountryWolf07
10-12-2007, 01:44 PM
I was thinking about faxing my letter to Garth's management, too as well.

Does it mean that the program director mean that he "wants" to help me or... ?

I am surprised I got a VERY quick reply!!

Cincy'sMom
10-12-2007, 02:47 PM
That is awesome!! It sounds like he really was touched and would like to help! Good luck!

Taz_Zoee
10-12-2007, 03:07 PM
That letter is great. I believe the program director wants to help too. He just wants you to "refresh" his memory closer to the show date.
Sending it to his management is a good idea too. :D

CountryWolf07
10-12-2007, 06:02 PM
It's feeling really... like a dream.. I still know I am seeing Garth, but.. all of it, I can't explain how I feel about it.. It's amazing. :)

kallisto4529
10-13-2007, 04:23 AM
Oh my God that is so totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is my all time favorite, I was able to see him several years ago before he retired, stood in line for 3 days to get those tickets...lol I was just in awe the whole time, I still can not believe I got to see him, when I found out he was doing the concerts in kansas city, I was so upset, my brother and sister in law live only 50 miles from there, I just dont have the extra cash to go!!!!!

I sincerely hope you have the best time of your life, take it all in and just enjoy the feeling of it.

CountryWolf07
10-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks! I absolutely can not wait! :) It's going to be the most amazing experience I will have in my life!

carole
10-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Oh i can feel your excitement from here, what a wonderful time you will have, i know how you are feeling, going to see my fav band in dec, have not seen them since i was 18 and i am almost 50 now, you have a great time and enjoy to the max ok. :)

CountryWolf07
10-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Oh i can feel your excitement from here, what a wonderful time you will have, i know how you are feeling, going to see my fav band in dec, have not seen them since i was 18 and i am almost 50 now, you have a great time and enjoy to the max ok. :)

Hey that goes for you too as well, I hope you have a lot of fun and enjoy it!!! :) Thanks!

carole
10-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Oh we will both have an awesome time, i am sure of that,i can hardly wait,like a little kid waiting for santa to come, lol,let us know after the concert all about it won't you, ENJOY, ENJOY,ENJOY. :) :D

MariaM
10-16-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm going to see him too! Haha my brother who lives in Calgary bought 10 tickets (I think they were like 2 for $55) and he is going to fly to Kansas City. My mom, dad and I are going to drive, and I'm taking 6 days off school (the one thing I'm not all that happy about lol). Anyway, I think the night I'm seeing him is the 12th. I'm SO excited too!

CountryWolf07
10-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Awesome!!!! :)