PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I did this!

davidpizzica
10-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Tonight I stopped at the store for some groceries. I got out of the car and I noticed it was running. I looked back and realized that I locked my keys in the car! I don't believe I've ever done that before. Thak goodness for good samaritans! The lady parked beside me let me use her cell phone and I was able to call my brother and he went to my house and got my spare key. When my brother arrived, he said "I'm not even going to ask you how you did that!" I don't even know how I did that myself!! Now I know that I'll keep a spare key in my wallet just in case!

Taz_Zoee
10-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Luckily I can't do that with my car very easily. But once when my neice was about 8 months old, I locked her in the car (the car was not running). It's a funny story now that she drives the same truck I locked her in. :)

Freedom
10-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Aren't you lucky your brother was available! He he. Whew! Hope you bought him something good at the store, for his trouble!

RedHedd
10-08-2007, 08:11 PM
I can't lock my car's driver side door without a key. At first I thought it was a pain, but having locked my keys in my car once, I can see the logic. You're lucky your brother was around and able to help!

slleipnir
10-08-2007, 08:42 PM
My mom did that when we were in florida...with Zeke in the car!! Thankfully the windows were down some for Zeke and we got a coat hanger and opened the door D:

Laura's Babies
10-08-2007, 10:25 PM
You owe your brother!!! Hummmm... I bet he would agree to a steak dinner....

moosmom
10-09-2007, 12:56 PM
David,

You and I BOTH know your brother has more money than God, right? I'm just glad there was a good samaritan there for you. Like your brother has never locked HIS keys in the car. Bah!!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I've not only done that but done it with the car running!!! :D
I had an old chevy that if you turned if off, you couldn't start it again for half an hour. Went to the post office one day "just for a minute" so left the car running. Locked the door so no one would steal that "gem" of a vehicle! :rolleyes:
OOPS! Good thing Dad was home and had an extra key. :D :o

davidpizzica
10-09-2007, 01:55 PM
David,

You and I BOTH know your brother has more money than God, right? I'm just glad there was a good samaritan there for you. Like your brother has never locked HIS keys in the car. Bah!!
Donna, this was my "good" brother Danny that helped me out! I'm afraid to tell Kenny what happened or else I'll get a 5 minute lecture keeping my keys in my hand! You're right though, he DOES have about ten more bucks more than God!

moosmom
10-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Well at least with Danny, you won't get the usual lecture, like with Kenny. I keep a spare key in my wallet and another one in my apartment just for close measure.

lvpets2002
10-09-2007, 02:48 PM
:p You just made my day with laughter.. Now make sure your wallet dont fall out of your back pocket in the car seat & then lock the door.. :D

davidpizzica
10-09-2007, 03:36 PM
:p You just made my day with laughter.. Now make sure your wallet dont fall out of your back pocket in the car seat & then lock the door.. :D
This spare key WILL be guarded like the key to Fort Knox!!

Glacier
10-09-2007, 03:44 PM
My sister did that once, with her infant daughter sleeping in her carseat in the backseat! The locksmith responded very quickly when he heard there was a baby in the car!

Dorothy39
10-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Well David P, we are all one and the same now :D

I did the same thing once, while the car running mind you. My Dad (who could not talk) tried in vain to tell me not to lock the door after I loaded him onto his mobility cart. :rolleyes: We were in a parking ramp at a Hospital.

Did I understand him~ Of course not :D (that poor man)
:D

You just have to laugh at your own limitations. It happens to te best of us!

Pam
10-09-2007, 05:23 PM
My sister did that once, with her infant daughter sleeping in her carseat in the backseat! The locksmith responded very quickly when he heard there was a baby in the car!

Similar situation to mine. My son was in the back seat and about one year old at the time. The police could not figure out a way to break into my car (this was 30+ years ago) so we had a locksmith come from a half hour away. He got in immediately and wouldn't take a penny from me. He said the relieved look on my face was payment enough. :)

gini
10-10-2007, 12:39 AM
David, don't worry, I am sure you are not alone. I think everyone "once" has locked their keys in the car. I did it - and boy, did I ever feel stupid.

I was meeting friends for dinner and had to tell them I had to go back to the car and wait for the Auto Club to come to unlock my car. They just looked at me and had that look of "boy, is she stupid or what?"