PDA

View Full Version : Bunny help!

Jods
10-08-2007, 06:17 PM
I have a 5 month old rex/lop and he has decided that he is not going to let me handle him anymore :confused: So when he comes out I either have to corral him to get him back in his cage or spend a looong time catching him and getting shreaded in the process cuz when I pick him up he kicks like crazy, I'm covered in scraches. Please help what can I do to at least get him in his cage nails clipped etc etc. He is getting neutured when he's old enough also. He lets me pet him, he'll lay down and stetch out and let me strke him and give him treats but he wont let me pick him up :( HELP

buttercup132
10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
He needs to get fixed. I don't know what your vet is telling you but they are old enough at 4 months and that is typically when they get fixed to stop any bad behvoir before it has a chance.

Karen
10-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Yup - he's about old enough to be neutered now, and then I'd just work on holding him a little every day, so he gets reaccustomed to it. It's those hormones kicking in!

For now, try wrapping him in a towel when you pick him up - less scratches for you, and he'll feel more secure. Hold him and talk soothingly to him. And that's a way to isolate a paw at a time for nail trimming, too I am told, though Miss Hoppy until recently trimmed her own nails - maybe whisper that in his ear! And now she lets me do them if I am holding her, and she's belly-up. But not many at a time!

Jods
10-09-2007, 08:23 AM
I called my vet and they said they won't do it till his 5 or 6 months :confused: I will try the towel thing. Thanks girls!