PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Cats Hate Me

mina'smomma
10-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Ok so I've tried spending time with my girls, but they don't want to be near me. They have started hissing at me and the few times I've tried to play with them or pet them they swat at me and bite me. I don't know what to do. I honestly think my babies hate me. :( Can anyone help me?

Karen
10-08-2007, 11:09 AM
How long has this been going on? Any changes in the household - besides, of course, your expanding girth because of baby-on-the-way?

moosmom
10-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Rene',

It could very well be the chemical/hormonal changes in your body due to pregnancy. Leave a piece of clothing with your "new" scent on it so they can get used to it.

Taz_Zoee
10-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Yep, that's what I was gonna say. It could be because you are pregnant.
They don't "hate" you, they are just unsure of the new smells.

catmandu
10-08-2007, 11:51 AM
That Si A Shame That Your Blessed Event Seems To Have Turned Your Cats Against Yyou. We Hope That Someones Good Advice Here Will Win Them Back.
All We Can Offer Is Our Prayers.

Freedom
10-08-2007, 12:28 PM
"Someone" needs to roll in the catnip! :D

Just rub your hands in it and see if they are less apprehensive.

Laura's Babies
10-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Yep! Catnip and some treats sound in order now. I hope they settle down soon and get back to normal.

mina'smomma
10-08-2007, 02:40 PM
How long has this been going on? Any changes in the household - besides, of course, your expanding girth because of baby-on-the-way?

Karen,

This started last week. Other than my ever expanding stomach nothing has really changed. I've tried giving them treats and wet food all they do is potty in it if I give it to them. They don't do this with hubby. Just me.

mina'smomma
10-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Ok last night I tried the catnip thing with not better luck. This time when I got bit Mina actually drew blood. Kasie just hissed and ranaway. I wish I knew what was wrong with my babies. Lee says we'll have to get ride of them if this keeps up.

Catty1
10-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Like someone said - leave a piece of clothing out with your 'new smell' on it so they get used to it.

This is way more common than one might think. A trip to the vet and temporary use of something like Feliway might help. Please call the vet anyway.

Here's a quote and a link(good link):

Cat Behavior Around Pregnant Women
MGREEN0218 asks: "Our 2 cats (5 year old sisters from the same litter) have suddenly, within the last couple of months, started fighting with each other. They have always been so calm and nice to each other. That in itself is disturbing, but now one of them is urinating on the floors and countertops. They seem alternate who is the aggressor. We have been told that a change in environment could cause this kind bahavior. My wife is now 8 months pregnant. Does anyone know if cats will sense this?"

Answer: i think its true that cats can sence a female being pregnant because my fiances siames cat his an older cat but we have never had problems with him urinating on my step sons clothing now all of a sudden he just wont stop the other day i cought him urinating on my step son he just goes to the bathroom where ever hes standing and doesnt care whats in the way im 7 months pregnant and he knows it my female cat is also pregnant so i think its a double stress.

http://www.babycenter.com/400_can-pets-sense-pregnancy_506597_1000.bc?Ad=com.bc.common.AdInfo%4 01e699f20