PDA

View Full Version : I Rescued a Cat! *** Pictures added Post #26

4 Dog Mother
10-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Last week on Wednesday morning a meowing noise could be heard everytime you went by my daughter's truck. Actually we had heard the cat the night before but wasn't sure where it was coming from. As there are now 8 dogs in our house, it was a little upsetting to have the cat meowing near the window so all 8 dogs would go wild every time they heard it. I called for the kitty and it came out from under the truck body somewhere and was very friendly, brushing up against my legs and wanting petted. I was getting ready to go to work and I thought it was going to hop in the car with me. Then after getting in the car, I was afraid I would hit it.

When I got home that afternoon, the kitty was still hanging around. When Carl went out to barbecue supper, he was still there. Jasmine, my 3 year old granddaughter went out and the cat rubbed up against her and let her pet it. It followed her out to the swing set and just kept meowing at her like it really wantd attention. The cat had several large burrs in her tail so I got a pair of sissors and cut them out - there were also some on her belly. He didn't object to any of the things I did to him. I then saw that my neighbor's had a humane animal trap set up. I asked him if he was trying to catch the cat and he said yes he was - that the cat was getting into everyone's garbage (which was true since he had been into ours on Tuesday morning) and was in their garage part of the night and if their dog saw it, he would kill it. The neighbor said he was going to get "rid" of it and knowing Matt, well, I just don't think he meant find it a new home. My sister's cat Mitzi died about two weeks ago and I know she wasn't sure she was ready for a new one but I called her anyway knowing that she would come and get it anyway if only to take it back to Toledo with her and find it a new home. Her other 3 cats are not "lap cats" and I knew she wanted one who would sit on her lap and liked to be petted. I wasn't sure this was the right cat for her but ....

Anyway she came that night and got the cat and took him home with her. She kept it separate from her other cats since he still needed to be checked out by a vet. Julia put the cat in her garage for overnight but when she went back out to bring him some cat food he had already caught a mouse so she brought him into their sun room which has a door separating it from the house. On Thursday the cat went to the vet. The vet guesses the cat is between 6 and 9 months old. They ran blood tests on him and waited for him to poop so they could check him for worms - they ended up keeping over night. On Friday when they picked him up, they found out he has hookworms and an infection that could be caused by the hookworms. Anyway, they now have to keep him separate from the other cats for 3 weeks and of course, give him medicines. Which isn't too hard for them because they have an upstairs that is not in use which is where the guest bedrooms are and their basement is finished and she has a room with her computer and exercise stuff in it so he can stay there - they just go visit him. She has named him Hunter - one because he caught the mouse and two because when she tried calling him several names that is what he came too. So here are the pictures I took of him. She is going to send me more and I will add them tonight or tomorrow. I would like to get some of his face because he has a black goatee. Actually when we had him, he had several black spots on his face but Julia said when the vet washed him, he lost some of the black on his face so I will be anxious to see new pics.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf06b3127cceb09d8534cdc700000036108JZOGrlm18
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf06b3127cceb09daabc0cf000000036108JZOGrlm18
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf06b3127cceb09d85394cfa00000036108JZOGrlm18

Isn't he just the sweetest looking thing? Jasmine wanted to keep him but I said with 8 dogs and her and her 1 year old brother in the house, that that probably wouldn't work out so well. So she talked to my sister on the phone the other day and asked to come down and told her to bring all her kitties! Now wouldn't that be fun! I think Jasmine is going to have to go up there to see the kitties.

AmberLee
10-08-2007, 09:48 AM
God bless you. Hunter is GORGEOUS and it sounds like his furever home is perfect for him.

Cinder & Smoke
10-08-2007, 10:17 AM
:)
WAY to GO, Mom!!

The neighbor said he was going to get "rid" of it and knowing Matt, well,
I just don't think he meant find it a new home.

(Sister Julia) came that night and got the cat and took him home with her.

She has named him Hunter - one - because he caught the mouse and
two - because when she tried calling him several names that is what he came too.

When we had him, he had several black spots on his face,
but Julia said when the vet washed him, he lost some of the black on his face :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p666082f18d204e006a69822533b3efe5/e7a07c1c.jpg

Jasmine wanted to keep him,
but I said with 8 dogs and her and her 1 year old brother in the house,
that that probably wouldn't work out so well.

PSSSSST ~ Jasmine!!

Go get your new BOOK BAG!
Hunter will fit in there just fine coming back from Auntie's house!

:D

lizbud
10-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Wow, the cat is very pretty. :) Did you find out if it's male or female?
I hope your sister can keep it. More pictures would be great. Thanks for
helping this little one.

Randi
10-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Oh, this is the kind of stories I love! :D And what a sweet kitty - I hope your sister can keep him/her.

Thanks for rescuing him/her. :) I will look forward to more pictures.

shais_mom
10-08-2007, 10:47 AM
oh my what a great story!
he is GORGEOUS! :D
he caught a mouse?
I could have used him in my bed that one nite! ;) :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-08-2007, 11:03 AM
He or she is gorgeous.:D I hope that your sister will be able to keep him and that he'll get along with her other cats. Thanks for rescuing him.:)

Taz_Zoee
10-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Aww, Hunter is adorable. He reminds me of the cat my brother had years ago.
That is great that you were able to save him and that your sister took him in.

LOL I like the idea Phred had about sneaking him in Jasmine's book bag. :D

So we will expect an update (with pics of course!) occasionally. :)

Killearn Kitties
10-08-2007, 11:28 AM
What a gorgeous cat! Look at that huge fluffy tail! :D

Thank you so much for what you are all doing for this kitty.

4 Dog Mother
10-08-2007, 11:38 AM
The cat is a male and yes, she is keeping him.

PSSSSST ~ Jasmine!!Go get your new BOOK BAG!
Hunter will fit in there just fine coming back from Auntie's house!

There is enough chasing and running through my house with the 8 dogs and 2 kids - what do you think adding a kitty would do?

Grace
10-08-2007, 11:41 AM
What a gorgeous cat!! Thank you for rescuing Hunter, and for keeping him in the family.

Another happy ending here on PT.

Killearn Kitties
10-08-2007, 11:44 AM
The cat is a male and yes, she is keeping him.
What wonderful news! :D :D
He looks such a friendly boy and little Jasmine looks so happy with him. It is good to know that she will still see him.

catmandu
10-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Thats Great That You Rescued Hunter Before Your Neighbor Caught Him In A Humane Trap And Set His Dog On Him. Is There No Humanity Left, Why Not Trap Hunter And Turn Him Over To The Spca.
Thats Just Mean Trapping Hunter To Be Killed.
Anyways Its Great News That Hunter Has A Furr Ever Home, And Its Great That Your Porchie Is All Safe And Sound Now.
May Our Lord Bless You For Caring And Helping.

Barbara
10-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Hunter, you are a wonderful kitty boy and I hope you'll be healthy soon. When I heard your sister was taking him to the vet and he needed medicine for some weeks I also thought- ok he'll have plenty time to wrap her around his big pawsies ;)

Medusa
10-08-2007, 11:55 AM
A beautiful cat, a wonderful rescue story and a happy ending. It just doesn't get any better than that! Thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort for Hunter.

cassiesmom
10-08-2007, 12:00 PM
What an adorable kitty!

Freedom
10-08-2007, 12:25 PM
A beautiful cat, a wonderful rescue story and a happy ending. It just doesn't get any better than that! Thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort for Hunter.

I can't say any better than this! Great job, Mom!

pitc9
10-08-2007, 12:37 PM
I just love stories with happy endings Diana!! :D

He's a cutie pie for sure!!

Glad he found a great home!

Cinder & Smoke
10-08-2007, 01:35 PM
There is enough chasing and running through my house with the 8 dogs and 2 kids -
what do you think adding a kitty would do?

Make it REALLY **Exciting**!

:D

sasvermont
10-08-2007, 02:19 PM
What a great, great story AND you let us look at photos too!

:cool:

Dorothy39
10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Your thread is such a Wonderful Rescue story 4 Dog Mother~ I suspect that this cat knew just where to hang out!!!! ;)

Thank-You for the pictures too., he's one lucky fella~

Chica
10-08-2007, 03:03 PM
THAT IS SO GREAT THAT YOU RESCUED HUNTER!!!KUDO'S TO YOU!!!!I LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS!!!

ramanth
10-08-2007, 04:33 PM
What a beautiful cat Hunter is! Kudos for rescuing him and it's so great he's staying in the family. :D

carole
10-08-2007, 04:48 PM
what a heart warming story, i am not sure who is more beautiful, your lil Jasmine or the kitty, both are really cute, thanks for sharing and i hope all works out well with hunter.

catfamily
10-08-2007, 05:00 PM
We need more people like you in the world :) Thank You for helping Hunter find a wonderful home with 3 other cats that I'm sure will learn to love and play with him.Your sister will fall in love with him I'm sure :)

Your neighbor doesn't sound like a great neighbor to have.(saying he was going to get rid of him).

4 Dog Mother
10-08-2007, 08:07 PM
My sister sent me some new pictures.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf06b3127cceb09d8522cdd100000036108JZOGrlm18
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf06b3127cceb09dee000c6e00000036108JZOGrlm18
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf06b3127cceb09d13344cbc00000036108JZOGrlm18
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf06b3127cceb09daaa78ddb00000036108JZOGrlm18

AbbyMom
10-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh, wow! What a handsome boy he is.

Good work!

And thanks for posting as we love stories with happy endings. :D

cassiesmom
10-08-2007, 08:37 PM
There is enough chasing and running through my house with the 8 dogs and 2 kids - what do you think adding a kitty would do?

Uhhmmmm... teach the dogs that cats rule and dogs drool?!? :D What a handsome kitty boy! I love happy endings!

shais_mom
10-08-2007, 11:12 PM
what a gorgeous Boy! :D

gini
10-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Oh my, I feel like I have been just told the very best bedtime story.

What a beautiful kitty Hunter is - and what a great story of rescue.

Thank you, thank you - these loving babies need people just like you!

AmberLee
10-09-2007, 01:12 AM
Aw, that little black dot on his chin looks like a goatee!

Cincy'sMom
10-09-2007, 06:34 AM
I'm still disapoointed you didn't call me, but I know that with our allergies, we couldn't have taken him. Atleast he is just a few miles down the road!

What a cute boy!!! I bet he and Cubby will be wrestling buds once his treatment is finished!

joycenalex
10-10-2007, 09:14 AM
wow! what a great story and hunter has lanede next to a bowl of cream! thanks for that story and great pictures.