PDA

View Full Version : Question for someone with a Feliway Plug-in

jazzcat
10-07-2007, 05:28 PM
What does the liquid look like? Is the liquid kind of thick or is it more like water? Is it perfectly clear like water?

The reason I'm asking is because I decided to save some money and bought the refills in bulk on ebay. I just went to put in one of these ebay refills and it looks more like water or baby oil. It just doesn't look right but I don't have one of the old ones to compare it to, they are all dried up. Seems to me they were kind of thicker than water though. I'm just afraid I got ripped off on ebay. I really need the Feliway to help keep Rocky calm so it's going to be bad news if I blew all that money on 6 refill bottles of water and not Feliway. :mad:

I bought it from a seller who only sells lots of pet supplies and they have perfect feedback and a lot of it so surely they aren't scamming everyone.

jenluckenbach
10-07-2007, 05:47 PM
I am not 100% certain, it has been a while since I had one, but I thought it was a thin, watery liquid. Maybe when I pop into a pet store again (which is ALL the time) I will take a quick look at the bottle for you.

jazzcat
10-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks Jen. If it is thin, watery liquid then I probably have the right stuff. For some reason it just looked too thin and clear to me this time.

I didn't think about looking at a pet store. ;)

Catty1
10-07-2007, 07:17 PM
My bottle is watery stuff. (non-plug in).

10% Analogue of Feline Facial Pheromone
90% Ethanol - 77.6%
Excipients - 75 ml (basic solution) (2.54 oz US) It's a 75ml bottle.

jazzcat
10-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks Catty. I have a bottle of the spray but it's an older bottle that is solid white so I couldn't see what it looked like.

I'm so glad to hear that the refill should probably be watery. I've had two of the new refills going for a few hours now and it does seem like everyone has chilled out here.

columbine
10-07-2007, 07:23 PM
You know, that's funny - when it came in a pink & purple box, it was thicker, but now that it comes in a white & blue box, it's thin and watery! Smells about the same to me (not that I'm a cat) - I've had a watery one plugged in for about a week now, and didn't even notice when I plugged it in. Wonder if it lasts as long.

Love, Columbine

jazzcat
10-07-2007, 07:28 PM
You know, that's funny - when it came in a pink & purple box, it was thicker, but now that it comes in a white & blue box, it's thin and watery! Smells about the same to me (not that I'm a cat) - I've had a watery one plugged in for about a week now, and didn't even notice when I plugged it in. Wonder if it lasts as long.

Love, Columbine
Ah ha! I think you've figured out my mystery. These new refills are in the new white with blue boxes but before I've always had the old pink and purple boxes. Okay, so I'm not crazy then. The other stuff was thicker. Thank you for letting me know I'm not nuts or extremely paranoid that someone was ripping me off.

Catty1
10-07-2007, 07:36 PM
The stuff I have - I spray a teeny bit on Oscar's collar in the morning, and sometimes at night.

I listed the ingredients and the percentages so you could check yours and see if they are at least as potent as the one I have.

The Analogue Feline Facial Pheromone - I love that phrase, why don't they just say SYNTHETIC? :p is the most important one. Dissolved in alcohol. No wonder Oscar gets happy! :D

catfamily
10-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I would of worried too.I didn't know they changed the formular.I may buy in bulk too.I wonder if the new formular lasts longer.i was changing them too much and just couldn't afford them anymore.

krazyaboutkatz
10-08-2007, 01:15 AM
I haven't been using them long enough to notice any difference.

Right now I decided to try another type of plugin called Pet-Ease Pheromone Plus and it's by Nutri Vet. It contains extracts of Valerian Root, St. John's Wart, Lavender, and Natural Feline Pheromone Extract. I also bought the spray and it smells so much nicer than the Feliway spray. I bought it at Petsmart and it's cheaper than the Feliway is there. They also sell it online and I think I could buy it for a bit less.

I've also been spraying Starr with an herbal spray to help reduce his stress. It was made by his holistic vet and it also contains Valerian but I think that she used the flower. I spray him one time in the morning and one time in the evening. He hates the sound of the spray but I think it's been helping him.:)