PDA

View Full Version : Puzzle #356

AmberLee
10-07-2007, 04:02 PM
To newcomers: Read the rules before you join, please, and be prepared to host the next if you win!

The rules:

1. You may only guess one letter at a time.

2. After you have guessed a letter, you must wait for another player to guess a letter before you can go again. (see also rule #9)

3. The host of the game responding to a guess does not count as a turn. Should you choose a letter, then receive a response from the member host, you must wait for the next member to guess a letter.

4. One point will be awarded for each correct letter, 2 points for vowels.

5. Only six misses are allowed in the game.

6. If you wish to guess the phrase, send it to me via Pet Talk Private message. (This is accessible via the 'PM' or 'Profile' buttons on any of my posts). DO NOT post it on the forum. If you wish to guess a letter, post it on the forum.

7. You must have submitted a correct letter to submit your solution. Unlike letters, if you submit a wrong solution, you are disqualified from continuing in that puzzle.

8. The player who correctly guesses the phrase wins the game. If no one has guessed it correctly after six misses, then the player with the most points wins the game.

9. Only 5 guesses allowed in total until the host updates the puzzle. Any guess after 5, before the next update, won't be counted as a guess. And as always, someone else has to guess a letter before you can guess another letter.

And here is what you win ... you get to create the next puzzle.

(Should you win the game and do not care to host the next puzzle, you may pass it to the member with the next highest points)

Here is the puzzle:

---- --- ------ --- ---- ------- ----------- --- -------- -- ----------. == ======== == ======== ======= ========, ========== ==== ======= ========== === ========= ======== == ====== ======= =======, =======, ======= ===== === =========.

==== == ====: --------- ---- ----- -- --- ------ ---------
~~ ------- -------

Letters to guess:
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

sweetpatata6
10-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I would like an....

A!!!! please

Miss Z
10-07-2007, 05:21 PM
E for me, please!

Killearn Kitties
10-07-2007, 05:22 PM
O please!

Karen
10-07-2007, 06:02 PM
T, please - and how come some of the spaces are - and some are = ? Any significance to that?

DrKym
10-07-2007, 06:04 PM
B Please........

ilovemypup
10-07-2007, 06:04 PM
S Please!;)

AmberLee
10-07-2007, 10:15 PM
-et- a-- -eo--e -a- a--o t-a--e- Ab------a-- a-- -e---a-- a- t-e-a---t-. -- a---t-o- to --e----- t-e-a-- -e------, -o---tee-- a--o -o----t ----tat-o- a-- e---at-o- --o--a-- -- -e--o- --t-e--, ---oo--, ------- -o-e- a-- -o---ta--.

-at- at -o--: --------- T--E ta-e- o- t-e -e---e -o---o--e
~~ ---a--e ---t-e-

Letters to guess:
CDFGHIJKLMNPQRSUVWXYZ

sweetpotata6 A (23) = 46 points
Miss Z E (24) = 48 points
Killearn Kitties O (19) = 38 points
Karen T (20) = 20 points
Dr. Goodnow B (1) = 1 points

:o :o :o 1) I was proud of myself when I set up the puzzle that today was the first day I could skip my nap since I caught bronchitis. Oops, I was sleepier than I realized and some of the -'s were mis-typed as ='s. Error on my part, all should be the same. 2) Dear ilovemypup, per rule 9 a max of 5 guesses can be made prior to an update means that your guess will need to be repeated, it didn't count. Sorry. Please retry after this update.

ilovemypup
10-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Oh Dr.Goodnow and me did it at the same time.. hehe oh well

S please

Catty1
10-07-2007, 11:36 PM
R, please. :)

Karen
10-07-2007, 11:41 PM
I, please, and thanks for the clarification!

AmberLee
10-08-2007, 01:01 AM
-ets a-- -eo--e -as a-so trai-e- Ab-ssi-ia-s a-- -ersia-s as t-era-ists. I- a--itio- to s-e-i-i- t-era-- sessio-s, -o---teers a-so -o----t -isitatio- a-- e---atio- -ro-ra-s i- se-ior -iti-e- -e-ters, s--oo-s, --rsi-- -o-es a-- -os-ita-s.

-ats at -or-: S-r-isi-- TR-E ta-es o- t-e -e-i-e -or--or-e
~~ S--a--e S-it-er

Letters to guess:
CDFGHJKLMNPQUVWXYZ

Karen T (21); I (26) = 73 points
Dr. Goodnow B (1) = 1 points
ilovemypup S (32) = 32 points
Catty1 R (15) = 15 points

DrKym
10-08-2007, 01:09 AM
D please?

AmberLee
10-08-2007, 01:20 AM
-ets a-d -eo--e -as a-so trai-ed Ab-ssi-ia-s a-d -ersia-s as t-era-ists. I- additio- to s-e-i-i- t-era-- sessio-s, -o---teers a-so -o-d--t -isitatio- a-d ed--atio- -ro-ra-s i- se-ior -iti-e- -e-ters, s--oo-s, --rsi-- -o-es a-d -os-ita-s.

-ats at -or-: S-r-isi-- TR-E ta-es o- t-e -e-i-e -or--or-e
~~ S--a--e S-it-er

Letters to guess:
CFGHJKLMNPQUVWXYZ

Dr. Goodnow B (1); D (8) = 9 points

DrKym
10-08-2007, 01:26 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

AmberLee
10-08-2007, 01:50 AM
Don't you hate waiting for someone else to submit a guess? When I'm working a puzzle, sometimes it drives me batty.

Killearn Kitties
10-08-2007, 03:33 AM
N please. :)

AmberLee
10-08-2007, 03:51 AM
-ets and -eo--e -as a-so trained Ab-ssinians and -ersians as t-era-ists. In addition to s-e-i-i- t-era-- sessions, -o--nteers a-so -ond--t -isitation and ed--ation -ro-ra-s in senior -iti-en -enters, s--oo-s, n-rsin- -o-es and -os-ita-s.

-ats at -or-: S-r-isin- TR-E ta-es o- t-e -e-ine -or--or-e
~~ S--anne S-it-er

Letters to guess:
CFGHJKLMPQUVWXYZ

Killearn Kitties O (19); N (23) = 61 points

AmberLee
10-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Karen supplied this correct guess, and astounded me:

Pets and People has also trained Abyssinians and Persians as therapists. In addition to specific therapy sessions, volunteers also conduct visitation and education programs in senior citizen centers, schools, nursing homes and hospitals.

Cats at Work: Surprising TRUE tales of the feline workforce
~ Suzanne Smither

I was SURE no one would get it without a few more letters being guessed. Well done, Madam Mayor. :D

She pointed out that she's just completed a puzzle, so will pass on hosting the next. Here are the contestants in decreasing order of points:

Karen T (21); I (26) = 73 points [declined to host]
Killearn Kitties O (19); N (23) = 61 points Are you willing to host?

Killearn Kitties
10-08-2007, 10:47 AM
So the author's name was Smither was it? I was so hoping that it was not going to be Spitter, which was all I could get to fit. :D

Yes, I don't mind hosting the next puzzle. I will look for something appropriate this evening.