PDA

View Full Version : Lucy pushes her luck!

sasvermont
10-06-2007, 05:15 PM
For the past few days, I have allowed Lucy outside while I am out there. The difference between the last few days and earlier, is that Lucy has been taking hikes to the neighbors' yards and across the street! :eek: She has been chasing squirels and chipmunks. Today, while I was watching her, she ran in to the street, within several feet of a car, and if I had not motioned to the car to stop, I think she would be, well, flat. Once I captured her and put her inside, I decided it was time to rethink the outside thing.

So.......from now on, until she gets the message....or maybe if she gets the message, she will be allowed out with her harness and leash and that it is.

She was being such a good girl, staying within the yard and on the porch. Well, not anymore. She has gotten brave and daring. I cannot believe she knows the difference, so I will have to crack down on her and keep her safe.

Since winter is right around the corner, it won't be hard to keep her in for the next several months. Maybe she will forget about those furry creatures asking her to cross the road and roam the neighborhood!

Lucy, you gave me such heart ache today! :mad: :rolleyes: :(

Edwina's Secretary
10-06-2007, 05:25 PM
I go through this with Edwina. She has been so good for so long we let her outside without her harness. All of a sudden she has started going through the fence into the front yard...while Eddie has become the good one!

So it is back to the harness for Edwina too.

Lucy....BEHAVE!!!

Freedom
10-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Better a harnessed Lucy than a flat Lucy! :eek:

We had 4 of the cats outdoors with us for 4 years with no fence. I was constantly roaming through everyone's bushes to get them back home. Now we have the fence "for the dogs," and it really is wonderful for the cats and for my sanity!

Laura's Babies
10-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't think mine would be interested in going out. Samantha has not wanted to go back outside since she came to live with me. Giz accidentely fell out of the window one time and it terrified her so bad, she ran right to the front door and cried until I let her in. Amy has NO interest in the outside.. Boo use to be allowed out on a lease but I think she is older and wiser and realizes she is safer inside.

Man, I would have had a heart attack if I'd seen one of mine dart into the street with a car coming! Some idiots go out of their way to run over a cat.

catmandu
10-06-2007, 05:58 PM
The Found Cats Will Have To Depend On The Porch Enclsoure And Maybe If I Can Finance It A Sun Room At The Back. But Bobo Once Went Intoa Yard With 4 German Shephards, And There Are Mean Young People And Careless Drivers On This Street.
Thank God That Driver Saw You And Stopped In Time.
Its So Much Better To Be Safe Than Sorry.

Bengalz
10-06-2007, 08:30 PM
SAS I fell your anxiety. Eve was always chasing something - hence the harness and leash. She has settled down quite a bit and usually stays within the boundaries of our property however, every now and then the little monkey wanders too close to the edge - out comes the harness and voila! she's an angel again :D

Thankfully her outdoor time these days is less and less and normally with myself or my husband with her. She really is a good girl ... it's those durn squirrels that get her in trouble :rolleyes:

Lucy please take a lesson from an understanding outdoor enthusiast ;) - stay close to mommy and maybe you'll get to go out and play more often :)

Tora Oni
10-06-2007, 10:04 PM
I don't think mine would be interested in going out. Samantha has not wanted to go back outside since she came to live with me. Giz accidentely fell out of the window one time and it terrified her so bad, she ran right to the front door and cried until I let her in. Amy has NO interest in the outside.. Boo use to be allowed out on a lease but I think she is older and wiser and realizes she is safer inside.

Man, I would have had a heart attack if I'd seen one of mine dart into the street with a car coming! Some idiots go out of their way to run over a cat.
or any other animal but do you see people doing that to people's kids? The whole pets are property thing is too black and white. Pets are members not property, but to tell that to a judge that the same animals that defend us are being abused is something society can't comprehend easly.

Barbara
10-07-2007, 04:17 AM
Oh Lucy- you lost one of your lifes in the washer I think and now you are risking another one. You must not let that halloween time get the best of you.
Rather stay inside and have a chat with Cinnamon if you think these Abys are too silly ;)

moosmom
10-07-2007, 09:16 AM
I take MooShoo to the park behind my apartment complex. It's a beautiful park with lots of grass, a playscape, benches and a basketball court.

I have a kitty stroller that Moo loves. However, I usually will allow him to walk along side of me. He's really good about it too. Doesn't venture too far. Personally, he's too FAT to run too far. :p :rolleyes:

I also have a ferret harness that I use when I'm out in public with him, whenever he gets "antsy".

I think Lucy needs to stay in. That was a close call, Sas. Too close. Does she do well on the harness???

sasvermont
10-07-2007, 10:19 AM
The rub here about the harness is that she has spent the entire summer being a good girl. Now that the fuzzzzzy critters are being so active, storing their nuts and food for the winter, Lucy has decided she should chase them off her property as well as the neighbors'.

I carried her to my Mom's downstairs apartment this morning. I dare not let her walk. I think I am going to skip the harness and leash and just carry her to and from. Pretty soon it will be cold and she won't want to go out anyway.

She is such a little love bug and has enjoyed spending time with my Mom this past week, during the day time. I hope she is satisified with all the extra attention. I think my Abys are enjoying NOT having to deal with Lucy. (She out weights them 2 to 1!) They respect her for her size and ability to appear and disappear from time to time. I don't think they know where she goes.....outside and downstairs....now just downstairs....

DrKym
10-07-2007, 12:41 PM
I take MooShoo to the park behind my apartment complex. It's a beautiful park with lots of grass, a playscape, benches and a basketball court.

I have a kitty stroller that Moo loves. However, I usually will allow him to walk along side of me. He's really good about it too. Doesn't venture too far. Personally, he's too FAT to run too far. :p :rolleyes:

I also have a ferret harness that I use when I'm out in public with him, whenever he gets "antsy".

I think Lucy needs to stay in. That was a close call, Sas. Too close. Does she do well on the harness???

Moo is not FAT he is big boned!!! :p Lex loves her harness has taken to getting it herself when she hears the keys ! Woe on the other hand wont do a harness but has No issue with collar and leash....go figure his "other" parents were the Dobies :rolleyes: He walks with them down the street :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Silly cats think they are all that.........................Oh wait they are :eek: