PDA

View Full Version : I'm a foster mum for the next six weeks!

lute
10-06-2007, 05:14 PM
A lady came in the vet clinic today and said her dog had a puppy the other day and then was killed by a combine.(it's crop season here). She brought the 1 week and 3 day old puppy in the clinic and left her there. Saying with both her and her husbands jobs they couldn't care for the puppy properly. The vet asked all the vet techs and nobody could take her. I hesitated until I heard the mention of being euthinized. The humane society has no foster hames at the moment either. Of course I stepped in and brought the baby home. This cutie is a Springer Spaniel mix. Is currently asleep with a full belly on my lap. Sorry no pics yet. My camera is at home. I'll have some later this evening.

Freedom
10-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Bless you for helping this wee one!

Sevaede
10-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Aww! You did a great job! :D

Can't wait for pics! :D

Karen
10-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Poor pup, to loose its mum so early. But we know you'll do a great job as a foster-mom!

critter crazy
10-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Awwww....you are so awsome to take this pup in!! cant wait to see pics!!:D

lute
10-07-2007, 07:31 AM
I'd also like to add that I am accepting any advise! I have never done this before.

wolfsoul
10-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Wow so young, poor baby. Good luck with her. I bet bottlefeeding will be an interesting experience, let us know how it goes. Thought of any names?

pitc9
10-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh how sad... :(
I can't wait to see pictures!

I don't know a lot about bottle feeding, but the most important thing is a warm cloth to the bum to make them go potty.

Did the vet give you any advise??

lute
10-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Oh how sad... :(
I can't wait to see pictures!

I don't know a lot about bottle feeding, but the most important thing is a warm cloth to the bum to make them go potty.

Did the vet give you any advise??

The vet is helping me a lot. I've not forgotten to stimulate to make her potty. I've been having a hard time getting her to poop though. I had to give her an enema to get her to poop late last night.

Pics soon! I've got to find the time!

lute
10-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh yeah, and no name yet. I'm going to wait until she gets a lil older and gets more of a personality. For some odd reason though I keep calling her Gee Willikers.haha

cyber-sibes
10-08-2007, 05:59 PM
:) Bless you for taking her in. Looking forward to photos & progress reports!

Reachoutrescue
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I am so happy for the lil kitty!! You are going to be a great foster mom! Can't wait to see pictures!! Great job Lex!!

lute
10-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I am so happy for the lil kitty!! You are going to be a great foster mom! Can't wait to see pictures!! Great job Lex!!
Actually, Tracy, it's a puppy.

And we have a name! My parents insisted on naming her Polly. So Polly it is.

Ginger's Mom
10-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Aw, good luck with Polly. I hope everything turns out well for her. You are doing a great thing for this little pup-pup.