PDA

View Full Version : Urinating issue with 10 yr. old male cats

Kellybo
10-04-2007, 06:43 PM
We are having an issue with one or both of our 10 yr. old male cats they are urinating on my 2 1/2 yr. olds bedding and things. Does anyone have any ideas about what to do?

jennielynn1970
10-04-2007, 08:22 PM
First, Welcome to Pet Talk! Wish it was on better terms that you came here first, and not because of a problem, lol. Hopefully it will get resolved, and you'll be able to post good things about your kitties!

Have either of them been to the vet to rule out a UTI?? They like nice soft stuff to pee on when they have those...

Have the cats been around the baby all this time and never did this before?

Could also be jealousy, or maybe they don't like how the baby plays with them?? Babies can be rough at times, and this may be how they react to him?? Not quite sure.

I had a cat years ago when I had my first roommate... my roommate always said she was a dog person, not a cat person, and was not very nice to my cat. Well, the cat decided to pee on her things... coat, backpack, things on the floor. It was her way of saying "You're not nice to me, I won't be nice to you."

Maybe training the baby to play nicer with the kitties would help. "This is how you pet the kitties... nice and soft. Don't pull their fur or pat them too hard, cause they won't like that."

I'd get them checked out at the vet. Maybe they are stressed and just need something to calm them down a bit, like a Feliway plug in, or some of the Bach's Flower Remedies in the water??

Good luck, and keep us updated.

Catty1
10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=134450

Seems a friend of yours was here too! :)

Welcome, and click on the link - there are a few answers there too!

catmandu
10-05-2007, 06:21 PM
All Sadly We Can Offers Are Prayers And Maybe Keeping Them In The Cellar For A Week To See If That Helps. We Would Hate To See You Lose These Cats After All Your Years Together!!

Catty1
10-06-2007, 11:53 AM
PS: If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford the pet.

I think the best thing for all concerned is to rehome them together.

Please check with friends and maybe put them on PetFinder instead of taking them to a shelter.

When your youngest one is older, maybe you and hubby can save another furry life or two.

Take care.