PDA

View Full Version : a new puppy.

Genny
10-04-2007, 05:05 PM
My mom went to get some bird seed yestersay for our tiels and our cockatoo and came back home with a new puppy! She said she couldn't resist...we weren't planning on getting one or anything.

She is solid black with long hair and a big white splotch on her chest w/ a little tiny bit of white on each paw. She is long kind of like a dachshund. She's part shih tzu and part chinese crested. She's a very cute dog. I will send some pictures soon.

Just thought I would let you all know.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-04-2007, 05:39 PM
ETA: Sorry, the post I had here before was rude of me... I aploggize.. :o How old is she??

CathyBogart
10-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Congratulations, I can't wait to see pictures! She sounds like a cutie, do you have a name picked out?

jackie
10-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Hellow
10-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Congratulations on your new (unexpected) puppy! How old is she and how cute?!?! We need pics! We live off of them literally lol...

xVelvet_FuzzButtx
10-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Congratulations. :rolleyes:

I hope you all research the breeds and are prepared for future common medical problems. cresteds are notorius for poor dental genes. I do hope to see photos sound like an interesting mutt.

gardengirl
10-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Congratulations on your new pup! She sounds adorable. Looking forward to the pictures!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
10-05-2007, 02:13 AM
Congratulations! I can't wait to see some pictures of her! :)

pitc9
10-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Congrats!
Did your mom buy the puppy from a pet store??

Dorothy39
10-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Congratulations Genny on the arrival of your new unexpected bundle of joy!!! Let us know what name you have chosen and of course, show us a picture of that sweetie when you can!!!!!

lute
10-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Congrats on the unexpected puppy! I can't wait to see pics?

Did your mom get the puppy at a petstore? I surely hope not. So many pet store puppies have genetic problems that may not show up right away. Make sure you take her to your vet for a check up to make sure she's healthy. If she is a petstore puppy, who knows what she may have. Also, buying a petstore puppy help puppymillers keep doing what they are doing. Breeding poor helpless dog that aren't cared for properly and have lil to no medical attention. any please oh please tell me this dog isn't registered with some bogus registry!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-05-2007, 01:11 PM

Did your mom get the puppy at a petstore? I surely hope not. So many pet store puppies have genetic problems that may not show up right away. Make sure you take her to your vet for a check up to make sure she's healthy. If she is a petstore puppy, who knows what she may have. Also, buying a petstore puppy help puppymillers keep doing what they are doing. Breeding poor helpless dog that aren't cared for properly and have lil to no medical attention. any please oh please tell me this dog isn't registered with some bogus registry!

Yes, PLEASE tell your mom to take her to a vet immediatly! :)

Muddy4paws
10-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Congratulations. :rolleyes:

I hope you all research the breeds and are prepared for future common medical problems. cresteds are notorius for poor dental genes. I do hope to see photos sound like an interesting mutt.

I believe the OP said her mum purchased a puppy not her, Im sure if it was up to the OP then it would of been from a shelter or a breeder.

Anyway..

Cant wait to see photo, I also back up the idea of taking her to the vets just to be sure. :D

Genny
10-05-2007, 07:29 PM
ETA: Sorry, the post I had here before was rude of me... I aploggize.. :o How old is she??

She's 16 weeks.

Genny
10-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Congratulations Genny on the arrival of your new unexpected bundle of joy!!! Let us know what name you have chosen and of course, show us a picture of that sweetie when you can!!!!!

I will send pictures. We named her Daisy Mae and we're gonna call her Daisy!!

Genny
10-05-2007, 07:33 PM

Hey lute, she was from a pet store but not form a puppy mill or anything. The woman that owns the pet store knows my mom; they've been friends for over 20 years....she only sells puppies for people that she knows..../has known....she's very very picky who she takes puppies from and sells them for. So this little girl isn't from a mill...she was raised by a nice family who wanted the store owner (my mother's friend) to sell them for them.

Genny
10-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Yes, PLEASE tell your mom to take her to a vet immediatly! :)

I took her to the Vet. the day we got her. She was healthy and already up to date on all of her shots. Thanks for being concerned about her; I already love her and she gets along great w/ our other dogs.

animal_rescue
10-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Congrats on the new pup be sure to read up on chinese cresteds though, they are a tricky breed!
But the people who did breed her are infact backyard breeders. Hopefully next time you'll look in a shelter? :)

BTW I thought I'd input, I'm fairly sure that a pet store can NOT deny anyone the right to buy a puppy as the puppies in the store are infact merchandise, sad as it is.

CathyBogart
10-05-2007, 08:15 PM
animal_rescue, pet stores can refuse service to anyone they choose, at least in my state they can. When I worked in one, I exercised that right frequently.

Genny, I can't wait to see pictures of Daisy! It's funny, from the description, she sounds JUST like one of Jasper's dog park buddies.

animal_rescue
10-05-2007, 08:43 PM
animal_rescue, pet stores can refuse service to anyone they choose, at least in my state they can. When I worked in one, I exercised that right frequently.

Genny, I can't wait to see pictures of Daisy! It's funny, from the description, she sounds JUST like one of Jasper's dog park buddies.

Ah ok, I just remember reading somewhere, I think an anti-pet store site, saying that they can't refuse them. It's probably just different in different places.

xVelvet_FuzzButtx
10-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey lute, she was from a pet store but not form a puppy mill or anything. The woman that owns the pet store knows my mom; they've been friends for over 20 years....she only sells puppies for people that she knows..../has known....she's very very picky who she takes puppies from and sells them for. So this little girl isn't from a mill...she was raised by a nice family who wanted the store owner (my mother's friend) to sell them for them.
oh so she enables accidents? thats good to know. lol ;)

She does sound cute, we have a Shih tzu and i'm really glad you've taken her to the vet.

K9karen
10-05-2007, 10:33 PM
PICTURES!!! I can't hold my breath my longer!!!!

Genny
10-06-2007, 12:46 PM
PICTURES!!! I can't hold my breath my longer!!!!
HEY :) ;) I will make pictures today and try to send them tomorrow; also I will make some of Sadie (our pyr) and of the ducks :)

tikeyas_mom
10-06-2007, 01:16 PM
she sounds cute...
Cant wait for pics!

Dorothy39
10-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Just checking back to see if there's any "developments" :cool:

Take your time~~~~ We'll just have to wait :o

Daisy and Delilah
10-08-2007, 12:21 PM
CONGRATULATIONS !!! Can't wait to see pics of little Daisy--love the name ;) :)

Genny
10-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey, just wantedd to tell you all I will try to have the pics here tomorrow? I bet you're tired of hearing that :D

and we changed Daisy's name to Adrian. My mom wanted to name her Mulan, but I didn't like that and I wanted to name her Daisy and she didn't like that, but we both liked Adrian so that's what we're gonna call her!! :cool:

Dorothy39
10-13-2007, 05:43 PM
No problem Genny, Let's see, Daisy Mae is now Adrian, yeah, I can handle the changing of her name. ;) In fact, I think you have decided upon a great name for that puppy.

I can't wait to see the pictures, just take your time :D