PDA

View Full Version : The Big Kahoona

Glacier
10-04-2007, 03:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/kaydown.jpg
The big girl doesn't get nearly enough "air" time compared to the others. So I took my camera with me for our daily fetch session a few days ago.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/kayball-1.jpg
I'm not sure Kayleigh actually likes fetch. I think she brings the ball back just to keep me playing with her.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/kayball2.jpg
She does like to kill her tennis balls!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/kayle.jpg
Silly big earred girl!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/happyk.jpg
"well, throw the stoopid ball, Mom. I'm waiting"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/kayleigh.jpg
Standing by her bed--which used to be a foam flip out couch. She's ripped it in half and made herself two beds out of the foam!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/kaylei.jpg
Kayleigh is my problem child, but I adore her!

KittyGurl
10-04-2007, 03:38 PM
She is gorgous! What a beautiful dog!

Husky_mom
10-04-2007, 03:41 PM
oh man!!....... love the "show" airing right now..........

what a lovely girl....... haha...... problem child..... is she part husky?.... ;)..... in that case........... well.........you know........ haha....

maybe you said this before but why is she so....... well why doesn´t she likes other dogs....... because of ther "other" part in the mix?... I had one also but she was tolerable among others... and the sweetest among hoomans....

big hugs to Kayleigh....... love that mystic look she has and those lovely eyes.... OMG....... hugs to all while you are at it......

btw: did you saw the attachment I posted in your other thread of the beads....

Glacier
10-04-2007, 03:54 PM
is she part husky?....

maybe you said this before but why is she so....... well why doesn´t she likes other dogs....... because of ther "other" part in the mix?...

btw: did you saw the attachment I posted in your other thread of the beads....

No, she's a malamute-gsd-wolf hybrid. Part of her dog aggression is genetic, part of it is from her miserable puppyhood. Kayleigh was kept chained and starved until she was 2 and a half years old. So she wasn't socialized to other dogs properly and she is very protective of food. She's come a long way, but I don't think she'll ever forget being hungry. I'll guarentee there is a bone buried in the straw in her doghouse right now, just in case I forget to feed her tonight. She's been with us for over six years, but she still keeps a back-up food supply at all times.

She loved Hoodoo but since he left, she's never found another dog she could tolerate for more than a few minutes! Even Hoodoo, she couldn't live with, but she liked to go for walks & play with him.

I just went back and looked at the attachment--thanks for the ideas.

Freedom
10-04-2007, 06:41 PM
She is gorgeus! And so solid looking! That isn't the GSD OR the wolf. Must be the malamute!

Dear Kayleigh --

Lacey here. Those tennis balls really DO need to be killed! I haven't had a ONE last more than half an hour. I even know just how to hold it so the stitching will give way. Mom keeps throwing the ball and I have to go get it. :rolleyes: Why doesn't she just leave it at her feet so I can kill it some more? I have tried the mint flavored and the peanut butter flavored tennis balls. But Mom says she won't spend the money anymore cause I kill them so fast. I like crunching BONES too! He he it makes Mom cringe. I hope you have many many tennis balls in your life!

Love
Lacey

Cinder & Smoke
10-04-2007, 07:22 PM
:)

Kayleigh is a very Pretty Girl! ;)

Who looks like she's growing in a SERIOUS winter coat!
Does she know something about Global Warming that the rest of us don't?

:eek:

cassiesmom
10-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Kayleigh - You might be a problem child, but you are certainly gorgeous! I would like your Mom to hug you for me if you will allow it. I'm sad that your life got off to a rough start, but I'm glad you live in a place where you have an extra bone, somewhere to store it, a tennis ball and Mom to throw it for you! And you have a fan here in Chicago, that's for sure. I wonder if you will ever learn to be part of the sled team. Maybe or maybe not. I am glad you're safe and content now. And, Glacier, when you are done dispensing hugs for Husky Mom, could you do some for me, too, please?

Glacier
10-04-2007, 07:43 PM
I would like your Mom to hug you for me if you will allow it. I wonder if you will ever learn to be part of the sled team. Maybe or maybe not.

She allows hugs. She likes most people, especially women and children. I think she had a little girl in her first home who probably gave her some affection. She really likes girls between about 4 and 8.

Kayleigh was part of the team in her younger days and when Hoodoo was alive. She ran beside him. I still skijor with her occasionally, way back in the boonies where we never see anyone. She's almost nine though and for a dog her size, that's really getting up there and she doesn't care so much about working anymore.

critter crazy
10-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Kayleigh you are one gorgeous Girl!!! I just love your ears!!:D

Glacier
10-04-2007, 07:44 PM
:)

Who looks like she's growing in a SERIOUS winter coat!
Does she know something about Global Warming that the rest of us don't?

Her coat is just starting to come back. She gets an amazing winter layer! I had to break the ice off the dog water this morning, so she's right on time!

Cinder & Smoke
10-04-2007, 08:04 PM
I had to break the ice off the dog water this morning, so she's right on time!

FROZEN wadder?? --- in October??

<gasp>

She'll prolly *shoot* me - but we did 82* F (28* C) today;
tomorrow is scheduled for 29* C.

It's getting "chillie" at night = down to 60* F (15.5* C).

Waaaaay too early for Frozen Water & Frost onna windshield!

:D

luvofallhorses
10-04-2007, 08:07 PM
She's such a gorgeous girl! :D

Glacier
10-04-2007, 09:26 PM

FROZEN wadder?? --- in October??

<gasp>

She'll prolly *shoot* me - but we did 82* F (28* C) today;
tomorrow is scheduled for 29* C.

It's getting "chillie" at night = down to 60* F (15.5* C).

Waaaaay too early for Frozen Water & Frost onna windshield!

:D

We rarely get up to 28C in July! We never got close to that this summer! it's been snowing lightly most of the day today! Frost on the windshield every morning more or less for the last six weeks!

cyber-sibes
10-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Well you're right - Kayleigh doesn't get much air time, and she is one big gorgeous girl! So nice to see a bunch of pictures - you've told us about her problems before, and i guess I had the idea she wasn't very friendly to anyone - but she looks very sweet in these pictures! belly rubs to your big girl!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-05-2007, 10:13 AM
WOW!!! What a girl!! I bet she has a very determined character :confused: :)

cassiesmom
10-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Good morning Kayleigh, sweety! I just came to see your photos again because they gave me a big smile :D yesterday. I enjoyed meeting you! Edited to say: you've already done the sled work, and now it's time to have fun!

Hug,
Elyse
Your fan in Chicago

Ginger's Mom
10-05-2007, 12:32 PM
She sure is a pretty girl. I love the fourth picture in your post. What a sweet face.

cassiesmom
10-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Glacier, how is miss Kayleigh Kahoona? our pastor used the Big Kahoona phrase in his homily yesterday and I've been thinking about her ever since!

ramanth
10-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Such a gorgeous girl. I love her ears! :D

Glacier
10-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Glacier, how is miss Kayleigh Kahoona? our pastor used the Big Kahoona phrase in his homily yesterday and I've been thinking about her ever since!

Kayleigh is doing well. She's been pretty quiet the last couple days. She has a rather large bone she's working on!

kimlovescats
10-15-2007, 08:12 PM
She is gorgeous!

cassiesmom
01-10-2008, 05:23 PM
(wave) Hi, Kayleigh Kahoona! I've been thinking about you and your Mom and Dad and your dog and cat family ... just wanted to say hello.

kimlovescats
01-10-2008, 06:26 PM
What a beautiful girl you are, Kayleigh!! :)

Queen of Poop
01-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Kayleigh, no doubt about it, you are a beautiful girl. Please give her a hug from me. Nothing better than hugging a great big doggie!

cassiesmom
04-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Kayleigh! Please have mum give you a hug from me!

http://wanderingspiritskennels.blogspot.com/2010/04/9-years-ago-today-kayleigh-aka-big.html

MonicanHonda
04-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Aww, :) How precious. I haven't seen pics of her before. She's a cutie :)

Vette
04-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Hes adorable :D

he reminds me of dog that my friends brother used to have :)

elizabethann
04-28-2010, 03:23 PM
She's a beauty.