PDA

View Full Version : Ryley is missing...HE IS BACK (Update in 15)

emily_the_spoiled
10-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Last night a friend phoned me and said that her cat Ryley was missing. He was wearing his collar and had his leash attached and she had secured the lease and had to go inside the house for a couple of minutes. She came back out and the leash was still secured but Ryley was gone. It looks like someone took him (the catch on the leash still worked) and the collar was gone. Can we please have some PT prayers and the angels to guide Ryley back home? :(

Laura's Babies
10-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Lets hope he can escape and find his way back home!..... I just don't get it... with all the homless ones waiting for their own home.. WHY steal someone elses and have to worry about going to jail?????

Pawla
10-04-2007, 08:49 AM
I would rather think he just got loose than to think someone took him. If they went to the extreme to take him they probably won't bring him back. I don't understand how people can be so CRUEL! :mad: I can just imagine what your friend is going through, and just think what poor Ryley must be thinking. Prayers that Ryley comes home! PLEASE keep us posted!

catmandu
10-04-2007, 09:53 AM
The Pet Angel Search And Rescue Squad Is Now On The Look Out For Ryley And Hopefully They Can Have Him At Home With His Family As Soon As Possible.

Catty1
10-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Prayers for Ryley and his family! I am sure she has called every vet and shelter in her area!

I hope she gets a human-interest appearance on a local TV show...if Ryley was taken, then someone has seen this cat!

Gary's Angel Squad is looking....

Major PT Prayers!

Freedom
10-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Ryley, please get yourself back home!

krazyaboutkatz
10-04-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I hope she's able to find him soon. Please come home Ryley.

jazzcat
10-04-2007, 01:16 PM
That is so sad. I hope they find him or he comes back soon.

jennielynn1970
10-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh my gosh.. what would possess someone to take another person's pet like that?! Had she noticed anyone snooping around lately, that maybe someone was showing interest in Ryley?? Is he a special breed cat that someone would want to steal??

I hope that he just managed to get off the lead and they are able to find him soon!

emily_the_spoiled
10-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Still no word on Ryley :(

I am not sure why someone would do this. He is a great orange tabby cat but he is not an exotic breed or anything.

Catty1
10-05-2007, 10:30 AM
I wonder if the police would know a local 'idiot' or band of them that might do something silly like this.

Couldn't hurt to alert a few vets in case someone did take Ryley for themselves, and takes him in for a 'checkup'.

PRAYERS for Ryley...HUGS to him and his family. :(

A lost notice in the paper couldn't hurt - and local TV. The media are good about these things, especially when a pet has been stolen - plus a pic of Ryley would be there for all to see!

Was he tattooed? Even if it's illegible, it would appear in his ear.

And - worst case scenario, but at least she'll know - the road crews in case he was 'found' (possibly just injured, but still).

Would the neighbours have seen anything? Could she drop off a few notes to the houses nearest her?

emily_the_spoiled
10-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Unfortunately this happened up in Edmonton where there have recently been cases of cats stolen and then showing up mutilated. She doesn't live in those areas of town and the police have no cases in her area. She has already contacted the police and the pound. She and one of her neighbor's have been out looking. I suggested that she put up "lost" flyers around the neighborhood, at the local vet's office, and some of the grocery stores. The other thing I suggested was that she put an ad on Craig's List and also in the area weekly paper. In the mean time she is checking out the animal shelter and has put out some food and a t-shirt of her's (in case he does get out if he is being kept somewhere).

Catty1
10-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Gosh, I am 3 hours south of Edmonton, near Calgary. I remember those cases...I don't have the words to comment on that...

I hope it was just a prank...I am sure CTV would do a story on this! If you PM me her email with her permission, maybe I can send her a link or two!

momcat
10-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Prayers are being prayed for Ryley's safety and speedy return to his loving furever family!

emily_the_spoiled
10-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I just phoned my friend and Ryley is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

It seems that he showed up on the patio on morning and meowed to be let in. The first thing he did was head to kibble :rolleyes:

But he is back!!!

Thank you everyone for your tips and prayers

critter crazy
10-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Glad he is back!!!! Did he have his collar on?? Maybe he did just escape??

momcat
10-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Whew!!! A sigh of relief and a prayer of thanks. So happy to hear you're home, Ryley, but please don't do it again?

jazzcat
10-07-2007, 07:03 PM
That is great news!

Catty1
10-07-2007, 07:07 PM
OMG! GREAT NEWS!!!!

I wonder what happened???? Maybe he was closed up in a shed...or someone took him to keep him, and left the door open just a bit too long!

Tell your friend we need PICS to celebrate! :D

Freedom
10-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Ryley has quite a tale to tell' but he isn't saying much. Too busy at the kibble I guess. :rolleyes:

I am so pleased he is back safe and sound!

krazyaboutkatz
10-08-2007, 12:56 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:) Now I hope that he'll stay home.

AmberLee
10-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Whew! Great news.