PDA

View Full Version : WOOHOO! "Making Room for Pets" letter in main city paper!

Catty1
10-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Got this today from Al, the publishing guy:

Hi Candace,

At the moment I have your piece scheduled to run on Saturday, although we will have to tighten it a bit.

regards,

alrach

I then offered to edit it myself for him, and he replied:

Hi Candace,
Actually, I’ve decided rather than having to cut your piece by as much as would be needed to run it Saturday, I’m going to use it on Tuesday.

I’ve lost your original e-mail, so could you send me your bio information for tagline purposes on the article.

Thanks,

alrach

www.calgaryherald.com

Laura's Babies
10-03-2007, 01:36 PM
This is great Catty!! Be sure to post the link to the papers web sight when it runs if they have a web sight.

phesina
10-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Wonderful news, Candace!

Catty1
10-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks to the many PTrs who teamed up with ideas!

The Pet Realtor in Calgary is writing a letter in response to both letters.

I tried to get this topic on the local CBC talk show already - but they have done that already (meaning ONCE!).

So I am double-checking with my friend Irene about our Pet Resume business - [email protected] - because CBC WILL talk to us if we are doing that! :eek:

That would be a great way to find out the interest level! LOL

I think there is something growing here that is meant to be...I just want to do SOMETHING to help the critters!

Sales Idea - This realtor: When she sells a home, the buyer gets a gift certificate to go adopt an animal from one of the shelters! She has saved 7 babies this way, though not all customers take her up on it.

Might be an idea for business owners here - even just a gift certificate for a certain vet for a checkup, spay/neuter, whatever!

catmandu
10-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Thats great news Candance, and it I bet will enable more Pet Lovers to take a friend into thier apartment.
Con Cat Ulations from The Found Cats.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture458.jpg

phesina
10-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I think you are right, Candace. This is an idea whose time has come. It will save so many pets.

It needs to come to this country too. Our shelter gets so many calls from people wanting to get rid of their cat because they're moving into an apartment and can't take the cat to the new place.

Thanks for all your work on this, Candace.

Pat