PDA

View Full Version : Jasper update (10-13-07)

jenluckenbach
10-02-2007, 06:25 PM
His appetite is wonderful!

His behavior is back to normal.

No more congestion or sneezing.

I have been using Metamucil on his food to try to tighten up the poops.

Today, I allowed him to go the whole day without the diaper (I needed to know if he would make the litter box). Well, he didn't. :( He did his poop on the bed right in the same spot as always. (thank goodness for the plastic sheet covering the bed). There was a formed poop in the middle of a mush puddle. So I think the fiber is helping, but not enough. He simply would not use the bed if he was feeling 100%.

So, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

I need to update the vet, but when I called tonight I got some dim-wit and decided if she couldn't even get my NAME correct after 7 tries, she would NEVER be able to relay a proper message about Jasper. I'll call tomorrow.

Catty1
10-02-2007, 06:33 PM
3 out of 4 - Now something to "firm" things up, and he will be a happy boy.

And prayers that the 'thickening' is IBS and not something nastier. :)

DrKym
10-02-2007, 07:47 PM
SOOOO GLAD TO HEAR IT!!!! Oh wtg Jasper now to firm up the ahem other things :p

jazzcat
10-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Two out of three, that's good! Keep it up Jasper.

krazyaboutkatz
10-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Jen, I'm glad to hear that things are starting to improve.:) I hope that his stools will become firmer and that he'll learn to use the litterbox again. He'll continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Laura's Babies
10-03-2007, 07:34 AM
I would have never thought of giving a cat Metamucil! I am so glad you finally seem to have hit on a solution that works. I know he will feel better at not having to wear those cute diapers.

phesina
10-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Well done, Jasper!

Continuing prayers for further improvements..

Love, hugs, and purrs,
Pat and cats

catmandu
10-03-2007, 03:39 PM
I Dont Suppose You Could Put A Small Litter Box At The Very End Of The Bed. Every Cat Would Use It And That Would Defeat The Purpose.
We Are Praying That Jasper Continues To Improve And Get Better And Not Use Your Bed Anymore!!!

orangemm
10-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Yay for Jasper (and yay for you, too!!). Must have been that nasty congestion that affected his appetite.

I wouldn't have thought about fiber for a cat, either! (maybe it takes a while to REALLY work) :confused:

jenluckenbach
10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
2 new things to try starting today. Endosorb, twice a day, started this morning. And a nutritional suppliment made by Purina specifically for the cat with diarrhea. Beneficial bacteria and I am not sure what else. It is once a day on the food (a powder) starting tonight. I will stop the Metamucil to judge if these things work.

No accidents today, which is good. But I do not know IF he pooped in the box and if so, how firm was it.

Continuing on the pred, to keep his appetite up, but we are lowering the dose. If he stops eating, I am going to raise the dose up again.

Most importantly, my PESTY WESTY is back to being a total pest! :D :D

G535
10-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Always a good sign when they are total pests! :)

krazyaboutkatz
10-03-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm glad to hear that he's back to being a pest.:) I hope that everything that you've mentioned will help him. Starr tried the Purina stuff but it really didn't help him and he really didn't like the taste. Now he's on a similar herbal form but loves the taste. I'll continue to keep Jasper in my thoughts and prayers.

ChrisH
10-04-2007, 05:19 AM
Good news, Jen. :D

Will continue keeping pestywesty Jasper in my prayers.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-04-2007, 05:45 AM
That is great news, Jen !!! :)

phesina
10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Great news, Jen! That's progress..

Continuing all our prayers and good wishes.

jenluckenbach
10-04-2007, 05:46 PM
YIPPEE 3 out of 3!!

Tonight, Jasper pooped IN the litter box and it was 95% solid!

He did act like he wanted to do it on the bed :rolleyes: (brat). But he didn;t and that is the important part.

WOO HOO!!!

phesina
10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
WOWEEEEE!!!!!

Cheers for Jasper, and you too, Jen!

cassiesmom
10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Great job, Jasper! I hope you are done with diarrhea!!

Catty1
10-04-2007, 10:29 PM
YAAAY! Good baby, Jasper! :D

I hope he will be healthy and with you for a long time, Jen! :)

krazyaboutkatz
10-05-2007, 01:18 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D

momcat
10-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Such wonderful news that Jasper is getting back to his sweet, usual self! Prayers continue that the worst is over and he'll continue to improve.

jenluckenbach
10-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Relapse?

In an attempt to narrow down WHICH meds are working and which aren't, I did NOT give Jasper the Endosorb last night. MISTAKE! :eek:

Found diarrhea on the floor in the morning. Maybe Jasper, maybe not....can't be sure.

BUT........After breakfast he did his usual poop ON THE BED. It was a solid poop but had the mushy stuff too. And the fact that he has not had an accident for a few days, and now he has had one, tell s me something. I gave him the Endosorb this morning. We shall see what happens.

DrKym
10-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Jen prayers still going out for you and that sweet boy! Wish I could do more to help....seeing as he is named after my hubby he has a special place in our hearts.

How is doing today? Any new developments?(no pun intended ;) )

jazzcat
10-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Sounds like the endosorb must really be helping. What is it exactly?

jenluckenbach
10-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Sounds like the endosorb must really be helping. What is it exactly?
It is a pill, for diarrhea. That is all I know. Kimlovescats ALWAYS recommends it.

krazyaboutkatz
10-08-2007, 12:52 AM
I hope that he'll continue to do well and keep up his appetite.:) Starr will still have some episodes but lately I think that they've been due to stress. Jasper will continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Medusa
10-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Ruh roh! Let's hope that things firm up. ;)

jenluckenbach
10-13-2007, 07:08 PM
OK.

It seems we are at a standstill on improvement. He is doing well, mind you, but every other day he still poops on the bed. (forcing me, of course, to make the bed up with the plastic sheet EVERY day).

The poops are now well formed, but always have some of the mushy/slimey stuff around them. So I am not sure what that means. And why the bed? So I can see it? (which, in a strange way, IS a good thing)

He eats well and acts normal, so I am glad about that. I give him endosrob twice a day, prednisone once a day, and a packet of "Purina forti-flora" once a day (made for cats with diarrhea.)

I'll have to consult with the vet on possibly changing a dosage (to see if that would help)

Just thought I'd update.

Catty1
10-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Well...it's better, at least! I wonder if he still gets the sudden urge and teh bed is closest.

Hey, if Nancy would give you a bulk rate, as she did with another PT'r, maybe you could put Jasper into the mix.

Did you find out about a special rate yet?

HUGS and prayers to you and Jasper. Jas is JUST about there! :)

jenluckenbach
10-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Did you find out about a special rate yet?

Nothing was said about any special rate. :(

Catty1
10-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Jen - posted by krazyaboutkatz in your thread where you were so frustrated...

Jen, when I had all of my cats read by Nancy, she just did a general reading on them and she only charged me $60 so that's only $10 per cat. Since she's 3 hours ahead of me, we had to schedule a time for her to call me. She was only able to do some of the cats in one call so she called me a second time. Now I know a lot more about what's going on with my cats. She wasn't really able to help me with Starr's medical problems though. Just explain your situation and see if she'll give you a multiple cat discount. It's worth a try. Good luck.

Maybe a discount wasn't mentioned...but did you ask, as KAK suggested?

I know - nag, nag, nag! :p Only cause we DO care! ;)

jenluckenbach
10-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Oh, I read it!! But I won't ASK for a discount, it is not my way.

Nancy KNOWS I would like more than 1 cat read, but if she does not offer a special price, I will not ask.

I sent Nancy 1 cat. She thinks she'll be ready to start reading by next weekend. Then we shall see.

Catty1
10-14-2007, 10:03 AM
ok...well, KAK actually said "explain your situation" which leaves the ball in Nancy's court...but it might work out as you said. Good luck!

Medusa
10-14-2007, 10:33 AM
I won't ASK for a discount, it is not my way.

LOL, that is SO not my way. I'll take a discount anywhere I can find it. Maybe you can phrase it like "Do you offer multiple cat discounts the way some vets and merchants do?" It's doubtful she'll be offended because it means more business for her. Just a suggestion....

jenluckenbach
10-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Maybe if I decide to do another 1 or 2, I can ask about a discount. time will tell. Sorry if I seem stubborn. :o

Catty1
10-14-2007, 01:38 PM
That's ok! Let's hope she offers instead! :)

jennielynn1970
10-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Maybe you can do the subliminal messaging thing since she IS a psychic!! Or, talk to one of the cats and have them "talk" to her! ;)

catmandu
10-14-2007, 04:18 PM
I ALWAYS LOOK FOR A DISCOUNT HAVING FREE BAG COUPONS SENT TO PEOPLE WITHOUT CATS. THEN I BUY FREE LUNCHES FOR THEM WITH THE MONEY SAVED!
WE ARE PRAYING HARDER FOR JASPER, AND ITS BETTER SEEING THE POO THAN STEPPING IN IT AS I DID WHEN POUNCER KARINA SPENT THE NIGHT ON THE PORCH ONCE!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/th_bfeb9c4b.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=bfeb9c4b.pbr)

krazyaboutkatz
10-14-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm also not afraid to ask for a discount.:) Nancy knew that I wanted her to read all of my cats so I then asked in my e-mail to her if she did multiple pet discounts. Her reply was that yes we could work out something. Good luck.:)