PDA

View Full Version : Yuck!!!

davidpizzica
10-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm almost finished with that gallon of (insert your favorite expletive!) I have to drink for tomorrow. Whoever said that it tastes terrible sure was right! I'm trying to gulp it down and trying not to pay attention to the taste. Despite the taste, it's sure doing it's job! I CAN'T WAIT for it to be finished!!

caseysmom
10-02-2007, 05:07 PM
thats the sh*ts!

Catty1
10-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Stay close to that little room! ;)

cassiesmom
10-02-2007, 07:09 PM
David, what are you drinking, Go Lytely or Nu Lytely? The prep is really no fun. I hope your test comes back normal. My dad does this each year because of colon polyps so I can kind of relate. If he gets a normal test this year, he skips next year.

davidpizzica
10-02-2007, 07:49 PM
David, what are you drinking, Go Lytely or Nu Lytely? The prep is really no fun. I hope your test comes back normal. My dad does this each year because of colon polyps so I can kind of relate. If he gets a normal test this year, he skips next year.
It's the Go Lytely and believe me I DID NOT go lightly!!

Catty1
10-02-2007, 11:17 PM
"DO NOT go lytely into that good night..." :) I am SURE that little quote helped you SO much! :D

Good luck tomorrow!

davidpizzica
10-03-2007, 08:38 AM
I now have the preparation part over with, now I'm waiting to go to the hospital and get the test done. Because of the clear liquid diet I was on, I'm now the hungriest guy on the planet! I'm going to pig out after te test is done. PT prayers are welcome for today.

Karen
10-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Well, at least you cannot say you weren't warned! We'll be thinking of you.

Laura's Babies
10-03-2007, 10:57 AM
The first one I had done, I left the place and went and pigged out... The second one however was not so nice. I had a reaction to something they gave me and woke up throwing up and was not able to eat anything until the next day and it took me days to recover form it. The proceedure I had done yesterday, I came home and ate a banana. They gave me something before the proceedure and afterwards for that. I will make sure I ask for that from now on~

gini
10-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Forgive the horrible pun - but at least this part is "behind" you.

Now lets get you through this test and find out that everything is just fine!

David, you are in my thoughts today!

cassiesmom
10-03-2007, 11:31 AM
David... it's 11:30 in Chicago ... I hope you are either finishing up your procedure or on the way home ... fingers crossed for good results too.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Don't forget to let us know how everything came out, when you feel up to it of course! ;)

lizbud
10-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Don't forget to let us know how everything came out, when you feel up to it of course! ;)

Or maybe not. :eek: Just how you feel now is sufficient. :)

davidpizzica
10-03-2007, 05:23 PM
I came through the test with flying colors! I;m still a little tired from the drugs they gave me to put me out. He found two polyps in there and he cut those out. Outside of that though, everything else passed inspection! Oh it's HEAVEN to eat again! Thank you for the prayers and thoughts, PT!

Pam
10-03-2007, 05:28 PM
He found two polyps in there and he cut those out.

That happened to me as well and I know you are feeling ecstatic about that. I believe it makes the whole thing worthwhile and the words "everything looks just fine" are so comforting. You should take yourself out to dinner tonight and order one of everything on the menu! :D

catmandu
10-03-2007, 05:37 PM
I AM A LITTLE SUSPICOUS OF THESE COMPANIES. YOU CANT TELL ME THAT THEY CANNOT MAKE MEDICINES THAT DONT MAKE YOU SICK. I HAD TO SWALLOW SOMETHING AT THE CLINIC AND IT CAME RIGHT BACK UP.
GOOD LUCK DAVID!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/Scan10104.jpg

davidpizzica
10-03-2007, 06:13 PM
That happened to me as well and I know you are feeling ecstatic about that. I believe it makes the whole thing worthwhile and the words "everything looks just fine" are so comforting. You should take yourself out to dinner tonight and order one of everything on the menu! :D
Pam, I was SO glad to hear those words! As for "going out and ordering everything on the menu" that'll have to wait until friday when I get paid. However, when I left the hospital, my brother treated me to a meal at Wendy's. I was so hungry I was thinking about eating the containers!! LOL!

davidpizzica
10-03-2007, 06:23 PM
I AM A LITTLE SUSPICOUS OF THESE COMPANIES. YOU CANT TELL ME THAT THEY CANNOT MAKE MEDICINES THAT DONT MAKE YOU SICK. I HAD TO SWALLOW SOMETHING AT THE CLINIC AND IT CAME RIGHT BACK UP.
GOOD LUCK DAVID!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/Scan10104.jpg
Gary, I think Thai and the other Cat
Angels were working overtime watching over me to get through this. You're right about the companies making those medicines. That junk I had to take was terrible and towards the end I was gagging, too! At least flavor it so that it goes down easier!

davidpizzica
10-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Forgive the horrible pun - but at least this part is "behind" you.

Now lets get you through this test and find out that everything is just fine!

David, you are in my thoughts today!
Gini, are you ready for another pun?? I "passed" with flying colors!

Laura's Babies
10-03-2007, 07:38 PM
I have been checking to see how you did! Glad to hear you "passed" with flying colors, just make sure you have the next one when it is due! I'd hate to think what would have happened if I'd put my last one off... they found 5 precancerous.. So do it when they say to!

davidpizzica
10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
I have been checking to see how you did! Glad to hear you "passed" with flying colors, just make sure you have the next one when it is due! I'd hate to think what would have happened if I'd put my last one off... they found 5 precancerous.. So do it when they say to!
Laura, since I'm getting older ( just in body, not in attitude!) I will need to get them regularly and I intend to. I hope that they turn out as good as this one did!

carole
10-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Awsome news my dear buddy, i am so happy, carole does a happy dance,yahoo, go and celebrate, you deserve it after that ordeal, so glad the news is good and they could fix those polyps,i just love good news. :)

gini
10-03-2007, 11:57 PM
David, thank goodness, now we can sit around at Thursdays and make all kinds of puns about how you passed and all of it is behind you!!

I am so happy for you! But please, don't eat those containers - they must taste terrible too.

carole
10-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah bro if you eat those containers, you will indeed be needing more than a colonoscopy lol :)

caseysmom
10-04-2007, 09:10 PM
David, I just read in the news today that they may be able to do these via xray soon, I sure hope so I have 3 more years before I need one!