PDA

View Full Version : Todays day with the boyz.........

DrKym
10-01-2007, 10:23 PM
I didn't share that today was court day.....after reading the Sharing thread people are going through much worse.

The boys are legally mine now, but today their parents had to show up for custody hearings etc.

Brandon Christophers Mother was there....and she asked the judge if she still gets his SSI.....which I petitioned the court to put in savings for him until age 18......... she told the judge she needed his money to live.....................

Daltons, father did show....to tell him he was F88k and that he would amount to nothing..Dalton has sever learning issues and watched his drug addicted father rape his sister and his mom. The Dad got out of prison 4 months ago........... so today was bittersweet.

Sweet because with all their issues they are safe and mine and bitter because I had 2 bawling boys this evening.

So please join me in thanking the Creator for bringing such Joy into our lives, and to please bring them a portion of peace.

Thanks
Kym

Catty1
10-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Brendan and Dalton...cry all you need to. You're innocent - and you are wonderful, lovable great human beings, and very very loved boys by Kym.

I wish you all the healing in the world...and peace...and that you are one day free from all the bad that was done to you.

It was their fault - NOT yours.

Go forth and be the best "yous" anywhere. Kym will help you build your own special wings to fly! :)

HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS!

kimlovescats
10-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Kym, my heart breaks and I am brought to tears for the pain these two boys have had to suffer. I know today was so very hard for them, but I hope they can also realize that it was a putting to end the hurts of the past and a new awakening of their lives to come! God bless you for showing them love and worthiness!

Hugs,
Kim

moosmom
10-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Kym,

There isn't another place on God's green earth those boys belong except with you. Heck, wanna adopt me???

Seriously, you're my very best friend and I couldn't think of anyone who can give them the love and nurturing they need. Can't wait to meet my nephews!!

((((((HUGS)))))))) and love,

Donna

cassiesmom
10-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Leaky eyes here, Dr. G. I'm just going to re-post my wish from the first thread about the Boyz ... Cos it really hasn't changed. Hugs and prayers for you all! And if you Boyz dress up for Halloween, if we could see a photo, that would be fun. And I saw Christmas trees being put up at K-mart yesterday (HONEST!) so when you decide what you want don't keep it a secret, because I hope to shop earlier this year.

Congratulations, Goodnow family! Welcome, Brandon Christopher and Dalton! I wish you happiness, joy, success and health. Same goes for Adrian too. Everything wonderful in life.

DrKym
10-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Thank you all. as I said even with all their issues they are still so good and decent at heart, I am very thankful to be in a position to allow them to bloom into everything they can be.

cassiesmom yes actually the boyz want to dress up this year, we will be hosting a small party as where I live isn't all the best neighborhoods to trick or treat after dark. Would rather 30 kids here having fun with supervision than worrying myself to death about the dark alleys. (Alton in and of itself is beautiful but it is only 15 minutes from St.Louis) So, since the rule was last year no trick or treating it stands this year.

In reply to your PM Candace no Alex is in protective custody in Az. our case there is going well and he will soon be healthy enough to come home , we are hoping for Xmas but the Dr.s and Lawyers think closer to Feb. he was less than 40 pounds when Az finally took him from his birth mom
and yes she is in jail as far as we know..ahe recieved a sentence of 14 months for endangerment and neglect.

As far as what to get them for xmas LMAAO FOOD :rolleyes: man can these guys eat.thinking of buying a cow just for the milk........and maybe buying stock in costco? :D

DrKym
10-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Kym,

There isn't another place on God's green earth those boys belong except with you. Heck, wanna adopt me???

Seriously, you're my very best friend and I couldn't think of anyone who can give them the love and nurturing they need. Can't wait to meet my nephews!!

((((((HUGS)))))))) and love,

Donna

HUGS and I already did ya brat! :)

DrKym
10-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Kym, my heart breaks and I am brought to tears for the pain these two boys have had to suffer. I know today was so very hard for them, but I hope they can also realize that it was a putting to end the hurts of the past and a new awakening of their lives to come! God bless you for showing them love and worthiness!

Hugs,
Kim

My heart breaks everytime I see them fight over who gets to finish the chores first and right now they are in such competition to be the "best" soon they will realize they all are and the tension between them will drop, it will just take some time. They know they have a new life and a new world, in Illinois because of their ages they did have a say in their placement , they chose here, so I am confident that they will soon begin to bloom, and the zealousness will subside so they can just be kids.

Thank you Kim for your prayers.and btw Jupiter likes them even though he still hates me....go figure LOL (truly a Mans Cat!!) .ok a bit jealous cause I just want to smush Jupe but he gets plenty form everyone else .sigh

cassiesmom
10-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey, Dr. G., how are the Boyz? (Or - like dey say in chee-kaaah-go - how are da Boyz?)

jenluckenbach
10-10-2007, 05:49 AM
Congratulations to you and the boyz.

cassiesmom
10-25-2007, 05:39 PM
So ... Brandon Christopher, Dalton, Adrian ... how is Boyz Life? Are you getting ready for Halloween? How is school, what are your favorite (or un-favorite) subjects? Have you gone out for any sports or activities? The high school in my town has just one more home football game, tomorrow. Then basketball starts in a couple weeks. I'm just checking in because you're on my mind. Hope this finds you well ... thinking of you with a big smile!

DrKym
10-25-2007, 05:49 PM
So ... Brandon Christopher, Dalton, Adrian ... how is Boyz Life? Are you getting ready for Halloween? How is school, what are your favorite (or un-favorite) subjects? Have you gone out for any sports or activities? The high school in my town has just one more home football game, tomorrow. Then basketball starts in a couple weeks. I'm just checking in because you're on my mind. Hope this finds you well ... thinking of you with a big smile!

Well lets see................ the Boyz have decided to be the 3 Stooges for Halloween (their Idea not mine but it fits LOL)

Adrian and Brandon are going out for Bball....Dalton is doing chess until baseball tryouts, Dalton and AJ hate math but Brandon helps them he is a math whiz, Brandon hates Social Studies and Geography(he is directionally challenge3d like me) all report cards were in acceptable levels but each had a C that needs to be brought up to a B.

Both boyz bio parent have lost their parental rights, so they are now able to be adopted, instead of us just being custodial guardians. Jas and I are discussing the issues of formal adoption.

Input would be appreciated, my main concern is my health, maybe I wouldn't be the best mom for them? I love them too much to ruin their chances in life, they have had enough of adults screwing up their lives.

Thank you for thinking of my boyz....not a moment goes by that I don't.

Dorothy39
10-25-2007, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=Dr.Goodnow

So please join me in thanking the Creator for bringing such Joy into our lives, and to please bring them a portion of peace.

Thanks
Kym[/QUOTE]

Hats off to you Dr. Goodnow!!!!!! The boys have now decided to be The Three Stooges for Halloween!!!! :D

You'd better post some pictures of them for us!!!!! nuck, nuck, nuck!!! ;)

Catty1
10-25-2007, 09:08 PM
catmandu would LOVE this news! He might have some pointers! :D

DrKym
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
hehe
gary any advice???

sparks19
10-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Oh I am so happy to hear this. Congratulations.... I know you will give those boys a wonderful home where they will thrive and grow.

HOORAY :D:D:D

cassiesmom
10-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Both boyz bio parent have lost their parental rights, so they are now able to be adopted, instead of us just being custodial guardians. Jas and I are discussing the issues of formal adoption.

Input would be appreciated, my main concern is my health, maybe I wouldn't be the best mom for them? I love them too much to ruin their chances in life, they have had enough of adults screwing up their lives.

Dr. G., I was thinking about all of you early this morning when I couldn't sleep. Would it be extremely traumatic for each of them to go from the homes they were in, to where they are now, and then to another (hopefully a permanent) home? I think that would be very difficult. Fingers and paws crossed that you'll make the best decision, and I'll pray on it too.

Boyz, about the Three Stooges - I didn't know that Moe and Curly were brothers! Do you? I just read that on Wikipedia. Nook, nook, nook. Or however it's spelled.

cassiesmom
10-30-2007, 06:39 PM
a.k.a. the Three Stooges - Happy Halloween a little early! Have Fun!

cassiesmom
11-26-2007, 08:53 PM
So, BOYZ! I passed a group of kids waiting for the school bus this morning on my way to work, and I thought of you. I hope your fall is going really well! How was Halloween? Were you a huge success as the Three Stooges? How was Thanksgiving, did you eat heaps of turkey, potatoes and maybe some pie? What are your Christmas wishes? How is school, geography, math, chess, bball? Just wanted to say, "Hello!"