PDA

View Full Version : Uh-Oh! Hubby and I are Hooked!!*Update #12*

critter crazy
10-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Well of course I look on Petfinder.com weekly. But today I think I have found the dog of my dreams, even hubby is in love! I had kept telling myself that our next dog would be a small one, but darn it, this dog just screams take me home!
Look at her!!!
http://photocache.petfinder.com/fotos/PA19/PA19.9120481-1-x.jpg

Tasha is an adult, female, purebred Rottweiler. She is a good example of what the Rottweiler breed offers. She is intelligent, responsive and has a mellow disposition. She is leash trained, crate trained, good with other dogs and enjoys children. She is interactive, loves hugs, and is willing to please. She knows the command to "sit" and will sit in front of you, waiting expectantly. She is a highly trainable dog. When she arrived, she received medical treatment for an eye and skin infection and is healing well. She was well-mannered in the car on her trip to the vets. Tasha will make any family a good companion pet, she just needs the opportunity to prove it.

sent the Shelter an e-mail asking more about her, and trying to set up a time to visit her. Fingers crossed!:D

Alysser
10-01-2007, 09:01 PM
:eek:

She is STUNNING! When you visit her I think she will be screaming "FINALLY you came!" lol. You know you want her. ;) :D Keep us updated!

chocolatepuppy
10-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow Tasha is a beauty! Fingers and paws crossed here! :D

Taz_Zoee
10-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh my goodness! She is beautiful!!!
Good luck, I hope everything works out. :)

ramanth
10-01-2007, 10:14 PM
She's beautiful! Good luck!

K9karen
10-01-2007, 11:16 PM
That's so cool. Doesn't sound like she'll disappoint! I'm excited for you! Good Luck!

WELOVESPUPPIES
10-02-2007, 05:49 AM
She's a beauty! I love rotties, very good dogs. We have fingers and paws crossed here...

anna_66
10-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Oh she's lovely! I do hope things work out and you can bring this beautiful girl home:D

Pawsitive Thinking
10-02-2007, 07:20 AM
"look into my eyes....you can't resist me...."

pitc9
10-02-2007, 07:24 AM
What a sweetie pie!!

Good Luck!!

lute
10-02-2007, 11:25 AM
She is stunning! Adorable! Good luck! I hope you can adopt her! Once again...Big dogs win! Gotta love them big dogs! :D

critter crazy
10-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Well Unfortuanately, it was not meant to be. Tasha does not like cats, at all. The shelter contacted me this morning. Tasha will not do well In a house with cats.

lute
10-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Well Unfortuanately, it was not meant to be. Tasha does not like cats, at all. The shelter contacted me this morning. Tasha will not do well In a house with cats.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure you will find another pup just for you...and your cats.

WELOVESPUPPIES
10-02-2007, 11:44 AM
I am sorry to hear that it did not work out. The right one will come along.

pitc9
10-02-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm so sorry. :(

There will be others!

What about his guy? ;)
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=134333

As long as the transport gets filled he'll be in a foster home in NY this weekend!!

DrKym
10-02-2007, 01:50 PM
They said this because they tested her? or because it is easier to just go with the flow? Sorry Maggie but neither of my dobies were cat friendly....and well there are many threads showing even my male helping to raise Lillys litter.................. If it wasn't meant to be fine. but as a Dobie rescuer we sometimes simply say no cats if it may an inexperienced house........as far as introducing etc. Prayers that if she isn't your girl she gets a great home....prayers that your perfect baby shows up soon and prayers that you just check and push a little..... Look at Rusty and Quoia....they would never have had here if I hadn't pushed just a bit........... ;)

critter crazy
10-02-2007, 01:55 PM
They said this because they tested her? or because it is easier to just go with the flow? Sorry Maggie but neither of my dobies were cat friendly....and well there are many threads showing even my male helping to raise Lillys litter.................. If it wasn't meant to be fine. but as a Dobie rescuer we sometimes simply say no cats if it may an inexperienced house........as far as introducing etc. Prayers that if she isn't your girl she gets a great home....prayers that your perfect baby shows up soon and prayers that you just check and push a little..... Look at Rusty and Quoia....they would never have had here if I hadn't pushed just a bit........... ;)
They said they Tested her. but I know what you are saying Kym. Our last Rotti, hated Cats, and even jumped a counter at the vets, trying to get to one in a carrier. But we changed that, after only a couple months of living with cats, he would snuggle with them, and sleep with them. But they said she was realy bad, and has even killed a cat before.

My bigest issue with it is, after our incident with Duke and Loki, I realy dont want to take any chances.

DrKym
10-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Cannot blame you there Mags............. just checking (you know me with my rotties and Dobes) love to bust misconceptions!

Well if she is trul that cat aggressive, I pray she finds a well fenced home to live in......prayers going out that YOUR new baby will pop up soon.

and hate to ask this as I was so sick then what about Loki did I miss something? you can pm me info or a thread....*is lost*

critter crazy
10-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Cannot blame you there Mags............. just checking (you know me with my rotties and Dobes) love to bust misconceptions!

Well if she is trul that cat aggressive, I pray she finds a well fenced home to live in......prayers going out that YOUR new baby will pop up soon.

and hate to ask this as I was so sick then what about Loki did I miss something? you can pm me info or a thread....*is lost*

Here is the thread Kym
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=130302

DrKym
10-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Maggie I am so sorry your sweet boy has always sucha special place here....nurse Dr confidante........ big Hugs to you and my sincere condolences! omg I am so sorry.RIP little man!

critter crazy
10-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Maggie I am so sorry your sweet boy has always sucha special place here....nurse Dr confidante........ big Hugs to you and my sincere condolences! omg I am so sorry.RIP little man!

Thanks Kym, It is still hard to think about.