PDA

View Full Version : My Zenni Optical Glasses.

shais_mom
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Not bad for less than $13! :)
I just went ahead and got the $8 pair b/c I figgered if I don't like them I can keep them in my car.. (couple weeks ago - I couldn't get my contact cleaned off and had to drive home with one contact in and with my vision that's a scary thing - so I thought I had better get an extra pair to keep in my glovebox.)
They are kind of flimsy but I like them well enough - they kind of hurt my ears but they are flexible on the side pieces so its getting better.
I've got my eye on a couple more pairs I think I'm going to order. :)
Don't mind the little-makeup - look
I am not going anywhere today so I barely put any on...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce20b3127ccebdfdeb1ad2bd00000026109Qas2bFs1g
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce20b3127ccebdfdeb0ad2ad00000026109Qas2bFs1g

Whisk_Luva
10-01-2007, 02:58 PM
They are nice :)

And you dont need make-up :)

shais_mom
10-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Thank you!:D

Donnaj4962
10-01-2007, 07:00 PM
ohhhh, I really like those! They are very flattering to your face! I admire your hair style. Wish I had the guts to go that short!

anna_66
10-01-2007, 08:13 PM
They are nice :)

And you dont need make-up :)
Mark said exactly the same thing! He likes the natural look:)

krazyaboutkatz
10-01-2007, 08:38 PM
They look great on you.:) I'm also enjoying mine but I have to agree that my $8 frame is a bit on the flimsy side.;)

moosmom
10-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Staci,

Those look GREAT on you!! I went and looked at the website. I'd like to get a new air of frames since I've been using the same ones for over 2 years now, but I'm a little hesitant. It's a little difficult to pick out a pair of frames without seeing how they look on you, ya know what I mean??

jazzcat
10-01-2007, 11:17 PM
They look nice Staci! What a bargain.

shais_mom
10-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Mark said exactly the same thing! He likes the natural look:)

aawww
Thanks! :)

Thanks- I do like them.
I agree Donna it is hard to figure them out without trying them. But I usually know what I like so I went with it. :)

sirrahved
10-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Staci,

Those look GREAT on you!! I went and looked at the website. I'd like to get a new air of frames since I've been using the same ones for over 2 years now, but I'm a little hesitant. It's a little difficult to pick out a pair of frames without seeing how they look on you, ya know what I mean??

You can always go into a walmart shop or what have you, try on all you please, and then come right home and order similar ones! That's what I plan to do.

krazyaboutkatz
10-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Staci,

I had tried on some at Costco first and I already kind of knew what would look good on me. I also held up my current sunglasses and glasses next to the pictures of the frames so that I could compare them. It would be great if you could upload a picture of yourself and then try on the different frames to see how they looked on you though.:)

shais_mom
10-01-2007, 11:49 PM
I had tried on some at Costco first and I already kind of knew what would look good on me. I also held up my current sunglasses and glasses next to the pictures of the frames so that I could compare them. It would be great if you could upload a picture of yourself and then try on the different frames to see how they looked on you though.:)
actually - I was trying to see if I would like oval frames and I uploaded a pic in paint and drew oval on my eyes - kind of gave me an idea... ;D

shais_mom
10-02-2007, 12:08 AM
ohhhh, I really like those! They are very flattering to your face! I admire your hair style. Wish I had the guts to go that short!
ohhh its long compared to what I normally wear... I'm growing it out. :)
click on my profile and you'll see my user pic and see how short it was then...

Karen
10-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Hee hee - the whole "going to a store to see how they look in person" has never worked for me, as without my glasses on, I cannot see myself in the mirror until my nose is nearly touching it, so I cannot really see my face with the lens-less frames on it. If I am changing frames, I always bring someone with me, as I frankly haven't a clue.

And my prescription is very strong, so that me eyes behind the lenses look smaller than they do with no lenses ...

But I love knowing about this site, my current glasses cost me several hundred dollars, and it wasn't that I picked fancy designer frames ...

Are you happy with the lens quality? As in does the prescription seem to have been accurately done?

krazyaboutkatz
10-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Are you happy with the lens quality? As in does the prescription seem to have been accurately done?

I'm very happy but my prescription is a very mild one. My right eye is a -.75 and my left eye is a -1.25. Before my lasik surgery though my eyes were very bad and they were about a -6.00 or a -6.50. I can't remember exactly.:)

shais_mom
10-02-2007, 12:32 AM
I have poor eyesite also. I'm the same way Karen unless I'm wearing my Contacts and trying on lens-less frames.
Mine is -4.25 in my right eye and my left eye is -6.75. And My prescription is right on. I just ordered 3 more pairs! :o
:eek:

moosmom
10-05-2007, 08:30 AM
I googled them and while the frames ARE inexpensive and reasonable, once you get into the progressive bifocals, the prices go up. The prices are still reasonable regardless.

pitc9
10-05-2007, 09:27 AM
They look Great Staci!!

moosmom
10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I just ordered a pair of titanium frames (brown). Total cost including s&h and bifocals $29.95!!! Now THAT'S a good deal!!!

Thanks Staci!! I've also passed the word to my friends.

shais_mom
10-05-2007, 09:58 AM
thanks Angie! :D
that's a great deal Donna!
yea the prices do go up as you upgrade but seeings that I bought the cheapest frames at Walmart for $80 and then add on the lenses and anything else. These are still way cheaper as the markup for glasses at the dr office is insane! I bought 4 pairs for less than what I have in the frames of my old ones.
:)

Sirrahsim
10-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Those look great on you! I am definately going to have to jump on the bandwagon and get a pair for myself. My prescription is -7.50 in one eye and nearly that in the other so my lenses by themselves are $140 at Walmart.

Has anyone with very bad eyes gotten the thin lenses from Zenni Optical? I paid quite a bit for my latest pair of glasses (during a 50% off sale the lenses were $89 at a competeing eyeglasses shop) and the lenses are terribly thick. I think that the saleslady was exaggerating a little when she promised that they were the "thinnest lenses on the market" :rolleyes:

shais_mom
10-05-2007, 10:32 AM
well my prescription is -6.75 in my left eye and -4.25 in my right and the lenses are pretty thin.
I think they are comparable to my Walmart lenses. :)

moosmom
10-05-2007, 11:18 AM
My frames were $8 plus the bifocals. Not bad at all!!! When my script changes I'm definitely buying from them.

Uabassoon
10-05-2007, 02:12 PM
They look great Staci! Both Alexa and I are obsessed with looking at that site as you know how we both love our glasses! The problem is that we are both too lazy to go get an eye exam, I think I tossed out my old prescription when it expired.

moosmom
10-15-2007, 05:17 PM
I got my glasses today!!! They are cool! They're the same size lenses as my other glasses only the frames are metallic brown. It took one week from the time I ordered them until they arrived.

I'll post pictures once the batteries for my camera are charged.

shais_mom
10-15-2007, 10:42 PM
My 3 pairs came today too.
Not bad 4 pairs of glasses for less than $50!:)
they will all need to be adjusted before I wear them tho - especially the brown square pair - b/c they are reallllly crooked.
These are rounded square pink/burgandy with rhinestones
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce34b3127ccebed0f94da80d00000026109Qas2bFs1g
these are brown ovals
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce34b3127ccebed0f9b9a8f900000026109Qas2bFs1g
these are the crooked ones.http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce34b3127ccebed0f9ac29dc00000026109Qas2bFs1g

ramanth
10-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Pretty! :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-15-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm glad to hear that both of you like your new glasses and that they didn't take very long to arrive.:) I enjoy wearing mine every day.:)

moosmom
10-16-2007, 01:39 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3259.jpg?t=1192559623

Pardon the dissheveled look. Here they are! They're a little heavier (weight-wise) than my other ones, but such a deal!! I wound up finding my other ones yesterday under my BED (ahem, cats?)

Staci,

I like the 3rd paid (square). The only thing that stopped me from getting a pair like yours is the size of the lens had to be big because of my bifocals.

shais_mom
10-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks Donna! :D
I called a local eye dr today and asked how much it would cost to get my glasses adjusted and it was FREE! I was shocked b/c Walmart charged me $30 to get my glasses adjusted and I got them there!
So I went up to the office and had 3 of the 4 pair adjusted. I didn't get the first (black) pair done b/c I keep them in my glove box in my car and won't be wearing them much.
They told me to come anytime to get them adjusted. I thoroughly happy with my service and price at Walmart but I would consider changing to him. :)