PDA

View Full Version : I am SO PI$$ED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! *UPDATE POST #10 with PIC.

rg_girlca
09-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Sorry guys, but I just have to vent before my insides explode. My sons ex-girlfriend called saying that she thinks her 15 year old cat is dying. He wasn't moving and he wasn't breathing right. I asked where her Mom was and she was in bed sleeping. So I told her to wake her up and get her cat to the emergency vet ASAP!!!!!
She called back to say that her mother got up, saw what was happening and REFUSED TO BRING THE CAT TO THE VETS!!!! She leaves her daughter there, ALONE with her cat possibly dying, and GOES BACK TO BED!! WTF!!!!!! What kind of mother is THAT!!!! My son, Eric went over to be with her. He has called me a few times and each time the cat seemed to be recovering. I told him to get a syringe and try to give him some water.

UPDATE: My son just called and said that the cat ate about a fork and a half of wet food, took some more water and seems to be back to his normal self. It sounds to me like the cat might have had a seizure or a mini stroke. I told him that she HAS to bring her cat to her regular vet tomorrow to get checked out. NO IF, ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT!!!!!!

Okay, I feel better now, but my stomach is still in knots over the so called mother. :mad: :mad:

Thanks for listening.

EDIT: I've been calling the cat a he, when in fact it is a she.

jazzcat
09-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Poor kitty. I sure hope he gets to see a vet tomorrow.

I just don't understand some people (well actually a lot of people).

krazyaboutkatz
10-01-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( There are so many people with animals that just don't have much of a bond with them. She probably thinks it's just a cat and not really a member of the family.:(

We're all different here in that our cats are like our children and are considered family members. I wish that everyone felt like this about their animals. The world would be a much better place.:)

I hope that she'll be okay and that she'll get the medical attention that she deserves. Please continue to keep us updated.

G535
10-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Unfortunately some people just don't care.

It upsets me terribly too but more so when I can't do anything about it.

I hope she can get her cat to the vet's soon.

Laura's Babies
10-01-2007, 07:14 AM
ARrrrrrrrg! Some people!I would be fuming too!

Medusa
10-01-2007, 07:17 AM
It seems to be the way of the world. Fortunately, there's Pet Talk. When my first official rescue, Peeka, came back home w/her tail stripped of all its fur, her "mom" said "Hey, it's an outdoor cat. Those things happen" and she refused to take her to the vet. I asked if I could have her and she and her bro Boo came to live w/me after she had her tail removed, that is. People can be heartless, to be sure, but there are plenty of "us" out there. You had to vent and this is the place to do it. I hope this cat gets the good vet care she deserves.

Anikaca77
10-01-2007, 09:56 AM
I hope she gets him to the vets. I can't believe her mom wouldn't take the cat to the vets. Poor kitty.

Catty1
10-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Thank goodness for your son - he was raised right! :)

Pawla
10-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Some people should be banned from having animals! What scares me is to think that idiots like this have children! I just don't understand things like this. My Squeak IS my child, and I know that everyone here feels the same about their fur children. Too bad for so many animals this is not the case!

rg_girlca
10-01-2007, 05:08 PM
I just got a call from my son's ex in regards to her cat Mittens aka NouNou.

She said that Mittens was doing better this morning, but then took a turn for the worse this afternoon. She called and spoke to the vet and he told her that it sounds like her organs are shutting down, since she hasn't eaten for over a week. I was like "WWWWHHHHAATTTTT!!!!!" She didn't mention that to me last night. :mad: So they are on their way to the vets to have her PTS as she is in a bad way. I told her how very sorry I was and that I pray that her mother never gets another cat or animal and she agreed.

Here is a picture of Mittens/NouNou
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/MittensakaNouNou.jpg

RIP dear Mittens. I'm sorry that you got an owner who thought you were "Just a cat."

jenluckenbach
10-01-2007, 05:10 PM
:( and :mad: and :confused: at human stupidity. :(

Catty1
10-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Oh, NO...poor Mittens...

That stupid woman!

I am hoping against hope that the vet tries some fluids...but it doesn't sound good.

My condolences to NouNou's meowmie, and that her kitty has a peaceful passing.

:(

catmandu
10-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Sadly There Are A Lot Of People Who Will Give Up And Will Just Get Another Cat!
To Them One Cats The Same As Another. Thats Sad That The Years That She Spent With Mittens With All The Love And Good Times Seem To Add Up To Nothing.
Thats Very Sad Indeed.
Prayers Are Coming For Muffin.

Medusa
10-01-2007, 05:31 PM
OMG, how needless! Such a shame that poor cat had to go through that. This woman should be reported for animal neglect!!!! This is infuriating! I'm sorry for you and those involved but not for that brain dead, emotionally bankrupt woman! Her day is coming. If possible, could they try to revive the cat by giving her fluids and see if she rallies first before having her PTS? If she's already shutting down, though, it doesn't sound good. How sad and needless, truly.

rg_girlca
10-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I am hoping against hope that the vet tries some fluids...but it doesn't sound good.

If it was one of us Candace, yes we would go that route, but not this woman and plus we wouldn't even think of letting one of our precious babies go without eating for over a week, let alone a day or two.

A precious life lost for no good reason, except from ignorance and stupidity. :mad:

I feel sorry for her daughter because of the long hours that she works, she is a nurse, she only noticed a few days ago that Mittens didn't seem herself, but her mother would just say, "Oh, she's okay." She didn't even have the decency to tell her daughter that Mittens wasn't eating. :mad:

moosmom
10-01-2007, 05:36 PM
RIP Sweet Mittens.

If there is one thing I can't stand, it's stupid, irresponsible pet owners. Those people have no business having pets.

Catty1
10-01-2007, 05:47 PM
rg - I meant...when they take her to the vet NOW. I am sure it is too late...I was just hoping against hope that the vet might try something before Mittens is PTS.

rg_girlca
10-01-2007, 06:01 PM
rg - I meant...when they take her to the vet NOW. I am sure it is too late...I was just hoping against hope that the vet might try something before Mittens is PTS.

Yes, I know that is what you meant Candace. Unfortunately this is the type of person who would rather have her cat PTS, rather than having to bother with treatments and medication to get her cat back to health.
Heaven forbid, that the cat should interfer with her lifestyle. :mad:

phesina
10-01-2007, 06:06 PM
How disgusting.

Rest in peace, dear sweet Mittens/NouNou.

Catty1
10-01-2007, 06:07 PM
OMG....I thought it was the daughter that was taking the cat, with Eric...(I guess she is going with her mom instead....

I hope the vet puts that mom on the pet blacklist! :mad:

jazzcat
10-01-2007, 06:45 PM
So sad. :(

Rest in Peace Mittens.

krazyaboutkatz
10-01-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I also hope that this woman will never get any more animals.:mad: RIP sweet Mittens.:(

kimlovescats
10-01-2007, 08:46 PM
:mad: :( :(
Rest in peace, dear Mittens.

So sorry, Lorraine!

Hugs,
Kim

Laura's Babies
10-01-2007, 08:51 PM
This is so distressing! Just imagine what that poor baby went through in that week....

Craftlady
10-01-2007, 08:56 PM
The mother needs to go without food, water for a week see how it feels.
:mad:

Hellow
10-01-2007, 08:58 PM
RIP dear Mittens, you will always be missed. But i question that with their owners.

I would be so mad if i got an phone call saying that they called the vet and told them her condition and said she has never eaten in two weeks. I would be like USE SOME COMMON SENCE PEOPLE!!! FOR GODS SAKES!

AbbyMom
10-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Unfortunately this is the type of person who would rather have her cat PTS, rather than having to bother with treatments and medication to get her cat back to health.
Heaven forbid, that the cat should interfer with her lifestyle.

She should have more compassion...and care. What goes around comes around. One day it's likely she'll be the inconvenience.

RIP Mittens.

jennielynn1970
10-01-2007, 10:36 PM
I would have *Poofed* the cat adn taken it to my vet. Then kept it out of sight to let it get well. Poor cat.

orangemm
10-02-2007, 04:31 AM
RIP poor Mittens. I hope that woman never has a peaceful night of sleep again. What an ignorant person.

Tora Oni
10-02-2007, 08:07 AM
The sad thing Mittens might not have been the only cat, she had neglected. Possible her parents were unkind to other creatures. I still believe that it is our duty to take care of God's creatures, expecially the ones we 'domesticate' even if they have a wild side. Well I do hope more people come to realize this but people who never bond with an animal or pet will never know the gifts of friendship from something I believe is pure.
Prayers for poor Mitten.

Sonia59
10-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Poor sweet Mittens. She did not deserve having such bad owners :(

Pawla
10-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Things like this are inexcusable! This woman should be banned from having ANY pets! Poor, sweet kitty. :(