PDA

View Full Version : Proposed trip for my kids, going ahead...

carole
09-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Some of you will know I am planning a trip for my two children Melissa 15 and my son and his partner Amber next July school holidays, it is an early birthday gift for Melissa who will be 16 in August next year,I am saving really hard,as i am going to pay for the airfares and the accommodation,spending money is up to them, of course i have to get Melissa a passport and pay for her food and theme tickets etc, she also has to save her spending money.

We are sending them to the Gold Coast Queensland Australia for a week,so far all is going according to plan, i have managed to save for the accommodation, which is basic but adequate,had everything they will need,my sister just stayed there three weeks ago, because we book through a real estate agent we get an awesome discount, almost half the normal tariff.
They will be on the 11th floor of the building , a nice sunny apartment,it will be winter when they go here and the aussie winter, which of course is like our summer almost, very nice weather hopefully.

Anyhow thought i would share some pics of where they will be staying,isn't the view fantastic.,They are close to all shops, across the road from the beach,and public transport to take them to the shopping malls and the theme parks, I am feeling excited ,even though i am not going, my turn will come in the future when i am more up to it.

davidpizzica
10-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Some of you will know I am planning a trip for my two children Melissa 15 and my son and his partner Amber next July school holidays, it is an early birthday gift for Melissa who will be 16 in August next year,I am saving really hard,as i am going to pay for the airfares and the accommodation,spending money is up to them, of course i have to get Melissa a passport and pay for her food and theme tickets etc, she also has to save her spending money.

We are sending them to the Gold Coast Queensland Australia for a week,so far all is going according to plan, i have managed to save for the accommodation, which is basic but adequate,had everything they will need,my sister just stayed there three weeks ago, because we book through a real estate agent we get an awesome discount, almost half the normal tariff.
They will be on the 11th floor of the building , a nice sunny apartment,it will be winter when they go here and the aussie winter, which of course is like our summer almost, very nice weather hopefully.

Anyhow thought i would share some pics of where they will be staying,isn't the view fantastic.,They are close to all shops, across the road from the beach,and public transport to take them to the shopping malls and the theme parks, I am feeling excited ,even though i am not going, my turn will come in the future when i am more up to it.
Sis, those are beautiful pictures. It really looks like a great place to vacation. I think Melissa, Scott, and Amber will love it there. Thanks for sharing those pictures, Carole!

carole
10-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks Bro, yes i am wishing i was going to be there too, alas not yet, in the future maybe, it will be good for Melissa to go to with her big brother, she will have heaps more fun with them than us oldies, honestly i am just not up to going to theme parks and i know that is the big attraction over there, it will be Melissa's first ever flight out of NZ, so pretty exciting and scarey for her.

Fabulous view eh? accommodation is nothing flash , but sure has all they need and being on the 11th floor the view is wonderful, which is something they wanted, and they can bus everywhere from there,so yep all going according to plan so far, so good, few hiccups financially on the way, but hey we will get there i am sure. :)