PDA

View Full Version : site

slleipnir
08-03-2002, 08:24 PM
Wow..My 1st attempt at making a blog webpage and I'm getting bad mouthed at how much it sucks already..I -did- like it, but now I don't even feel like doing it. I get put off so easily. I didn't even get to finish the links cause my 'host' never works..-sigh- i don't know why I let stupid things get to me, but I felt pretty good about it. It sounds stupid, but I get worked up about just about anything because I already feel like, well, basically.. I wont post anymore, this is a happy site. Happy. Will be happy. -smiles- See? happy.
http://www.freewebs.com/foxtrotter/ look at the tag board thing. I know it's not good yet cause it doesn't have my beautiful baby on it.

AmberLee
08-03-2002, 09:53 PM
Well, it needs work but you have to start somewhere, right?

Blogs are HARD work. What are you planning for your central theme? It's a little confusing right now.

Good luck. For just 24 hours it's off to a good start.

Oh, by the way, it's a LOT easier to criticize something than to be productive. Don't let the critics get you down, okay?

Tons of luck.

I need to go feed somebody... sorry, bye! :rolleyes:

slleipnir
08-03-2002, 10:06 PM
Thanks Amber......I don't really know what you mean by does it have a theme?? I'm going to work on a new one anyway..

AmberLee
08-03-2002, 10:27 PM
I can't say I'm an expert on blogs, but the ones I return to again and again have themes. My favorites are politics, current events, and philosophy/ religion. It just always seemed to me that it would be easier to maintain one if it had a theme...

It's not a blog, but at work now we are have a huge, spread out project that is very fluid/dynamic right now. I'm trying to keep all our field people current with what 'the word' is today by doing a daily email update and frankly it's exhausting me. Good luck to you to keep a blog up. (When I first created my webpage in '94* I was doing a mini-blog (before they WERE blogs) and it was a handful, too. And it did seem people were a little more patient about newbies trying to learn as they go along than they are now.) It's tough work and I wish you well.

* And as a child I daily walked 12 miles to school in the snow, uphill both ways, 12 months a year. Sorry for the cliches... ;)

slleipnir
08-04-2002, 04:53 PM
Amber, its a personal webpage blog thingie. So I suppose thats the theme. Its about me and whats important to me I guess like my babies. The dude on the top is a guy from one of my fav movies, monty python's the holy grail.

Ann
08-05-2002, 07:30 AM
For those who don't know, a blog is an online diary/journal.

Anyways, it looks pretty nice. I would like to see a comment option in the future though, so people can post in response to your bloggings.