PDA

View Full Version : Skype- who has it?

Suki Wingy
09-29-2007, 11:11 PM
I was wondering because I've recently downloaded Skype and my laptop has a built in camera and microphone. :)

For those of you who don't know, Skype is a type of free calling over the internet. If you have a camera, you can do live video webconfrences.
http://www.skype.com/helloagain.html

Catty1
09-29-2007, 11:13 PM
I had Skype, but few people on it. I removed it from my HD because it slowed down my computer booting up. (I removed other programs too, and it really helped).

If you have a faster computer with more memory, it is likely great! I did enjoy speaking live to someone in Australia! :)

Almita
09-29-2007, 11:13 PM
I have it, but i don't have a microphone or a video cam :o
I have it because of my friends and family that our in other states or countries, they like to talk to us and such. Just that we are the ones that need to mic and cam.
I just IM them on it.

BC_MoM
09-30-2007, 01:00 AM
I have it. Username is iseethestrals. I don't use it unless no one is home, though, as I don't like using the mic in front of my family (just a self conscious thing).

Whisk_Luva
09-30-2007, 03:52 AM
I have it :)

But I dont often use webcam apart from showing people my hamsters ;)

Suki Wingy
09-30-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm slytherinquoll. I like your username BC_MoM! (Sorry, I forgot your actual name) :o

sasvermont
12-22-2007, 04:26 PM
I have had one call from a local friend and it scared the living hell out of me. I haven't tried it since.

I think my name is Sallyanne Smith just like it really is. Is that stupid? Anyway, from the looks of it, if you want to call me, I will need your id too? Scarey, aren't I? I feel so out of the loop, if you will

So there.

Merry Christmas, early.

:eek: :D

Randi
12-23-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm on Skype, has been since Jan. 2005, but I hardly ever have it open, as I use ICQ more. ;) And anyway, I still don't have a mic. or headset. :rolleyes:

jennielynn1970
12-24-2007, 01:37 AM
Looked into Skype but didn't get it... but had SunRocket till it went bankrupt and now have VoiceWing from Verizon. Was hesitant about going with a company that was smaller (like SunRocket), so went with Verizon's Internet phone.