PDA

View Full Version : Stray dog on highway

nancys
09-29-2007, 11:22 AM
I went out of town this past weekend and on the way home I seen a black and white dog alongside the highway. This poor dog looked like he was starving - he was skin & bones. He must have been thirsty - it looked like his tongue was hanging out. I turned my car around and went back to look for him, but couldn't see him again. But a short ways up the road I noticed someone pulling out of their driveway - I stopped him and told him about the dog. He said he would keep an eye out for it. I also stopped at a mini-mart in the next town and told the girl working there. I just hope someone else seen the dog and maybe picked him up. I wonder if he had been dropped off along the highway or gotten lost - should quit worrying about him I know, but he looked so sad. I wish I could have seen him when I went back.

Freedom
09-29-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm glad you were able to speak to some folks about the dog. Prayers that someone responsible finds this one!

KittyGurl
09-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Prayers for the stray dog. I hope he gets a good, loving home soon.

animal_rescue
09-30-2007, 02:18 PM
That's sad too bad you couldn't stop and pick the poor thing up. :(

I really hope someone gets him and he finds a loving home.

nancys
10-02-2007, 02:49 PM
I know - I wish I could have picked him up too, but with 1 dog already, I just can't have another one. I'm gone away from home so much, that I already feel guilty about leaving Jake so often.

animal_rescue
10-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Well next time if you ever see one try and see if you can find a pound or Humane Society, even call animal control. Anything is better than leaving it on the streets. :)