PDA

View Full Version : What Is the Most Horrifying Thing Your Cat Has Done?

K & L
09-29-2007, 07:56 AM
For some reason this morning as I was changing the litters I thought about this event with Mouser. So tell us what your cat has done to horrify you!

Here's my worst moment:
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=93953&highlight=blood

kb2yjx
09-29-2007, 08:49 AM
It had to be the morning Spunky jumped(with quite a bit of force)onto the window sill and pushed the Anderson window screen and plummeted two stories and LIVED!!!! It was May 7, 1993, a day that still lives in Campbell Cat History!!!

Zippy
09-29-2007, 11:14 AM
When Pumpkin fell out a window.Thank God we where on the first floor.Still I thought she would get scared and run off.I ran out and got her.She was fine only spooked.She is scared of the outdoors.

kuhio98
09-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Pepper ~ Did a "Mouser" and lost part of her tail. We never found the remains. :confused: It was severed cleanly.

Willy ~ Ran out of the house into the neighbor's yard (2 doors down). The house were 3 boxers live. They chewed him pretty well, but if they had really wanted to kill him, he would have been dead at the first bite. :(

Lizzie
09-29-2007, 02:06 PM
I would have been in a panic to see all that blood when I got home, Lisa. Gllad it was nothing worse, though quite bad enough.

Miss Z, by CH cat, has fallen from the second floor deck twice, getting through the barriers somehow, but survived unscathed to my intense relief.

The most utterly terrifying incident happened many years ago. I bought a mouse house as a toy for some young ferals, they were about 8 months old. It had wood on four sides and bottom and a heavy cardboard roof top. There was a felt mouse inside on a spring loaded string. They loved it, reaching in with their paws to draw out the mouse and then going mad to do it again when the mouse sprang back inside.

I came home from work one day to find the living room is major disarray with chairs turned over, throws on the floor, everything from tables all over the floor, and all the cats huddled into corners with big saucer eyes. I thought first of someone being in the house vandalizing it. Then I heard a strange noise and went into a bedroom where I found Ginger with her head stuck fast inside the mousehole of the house. At first she wouldn't let me get hold of her and kept racing around with this heavy thing on her head, smashing into everything. Then I cornered her and tore off the top. I found her totally lathered and the inside of the house soaked with sweat and saliva. She couldn't get her head back through the hole so I had to break through the walls. Every time I used a saw, she panicked again. (These cats were still very feral.) I ended up using a pair of pliers and chipping away the wood bit by bit until the hole was big enough to get her head out. The only problem was that she kept trying to pull her head away and I was afraid she would cut her neck on the raw wood.

Anyway, it didn't do her any lasting harm because she turned 21 last June.

Fuzzybuns
09-29-2007, 02:26 PM
My cats are pretty sedentary and the only things I can think of are pretty tame compared to falling out of windows.

Toby thought he wanted outside one time and he went out on the front porch when my sil came in. A car started next door (we lived in apartments with the parking right at the door) and he wanted back in...NOW. He flung himself to the upper half of the screen door and when I tried to open it and get him, he fell and tried to go under the door and got stuck. Twenty-six pounds of cat does not fit in a 1½ inch space. He was terrified and I was working up a sweat fighting him the whole way. I didn't let him go for half the night because if that car hadn't started, who knows how far he would've gone before I noticed he was missing.
He's never tried it again, lol.

Dixie has a wonky toe from counter walking. She bumped some frozen ribs and when she jumped down, she took the ribs with her and they smashed her foot. I was bawling because it was totally my fault, I had two packs stacked on the counter...if I had laid them flat, it wouldn't have happened. A visit to the vet and when they tried to set it, she literally mauled the poor guy. He came back with her and he had scratches on his face, arms, neck...everywhere you can think of. I felt so bad but he just laughed it off saying he doesn't feel it anymore...she did that on the way in to the x-ray and here it was 30 minutes later. Her toe is a permanent thing now and it makes her foot real wide and the knuckle feels weird but you wouldn't know it's broke to see her playing and speeding through. I still have a hard time talking about it.

Before I poofed Churchy, he got in a fight with a stray that resulted in his testicles getting clawed open. Maybe that's too much info but it was really terrifying. It made him really ill, he had diarrhea and he went into shock. I couldn't bring him in because of the mess he was so I stayed outside, cleaned him up with the water hose and doctored him the best I could. After I made a bed on the porch for him, I went to his crappy owners and told them about it...they said " How bad is the other cat...maybe they won't mess with each other anymore." I was livid and made up my mind that he was going to be my cat and be safely inside from them on but it wasn't so easy. When I did get him and had him checked and neutered, the vet said he's surprised he didn't suffer infection with as deep as the wound went.

Maybe Churchy's story wasn't so tame...

Laura's Babies
09-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I remember that incident! you found the remains of his tail and what happened later didn't you?

Hummmm. I had to think about this one.. I think the scearest thing that has happened to mine so far is the time Giz lunged at the window screen after something and the screen gave way and I didn't know it. I kept hearing a cat at my front door screaming to come in and that was in those days before Samantha came to live with me but sat on my door step crying to come in so I tried to ignore it.. Imagine my fright when I opened the door and it was Giz!
She RAN into the house scared to death!

moosmom
09-29-2007, 05:08 PM
The most horrifying thing my cat Mollie Rose ever did was fall out of my livingroom window a few months back. Then she came strutting in the door with the look of, "What??I meant to do that!!" Fortunately, there were no injuries.

DJFyrewolf36
09-30-2007, 02:58 AM
Scarriest moment in my house was when Remus descovered why going on top of the rat cage was a really STUPID idea. RB Cleo Rat was SLEEPING on the top level of the cage and remus had to jump on top for a good sniff. Cleo woke up frightened and grabbed Remus' paw THROUGH the cage and bit it hard. Remus jumpped about a foot in the air and ran off into hiding, bleeding from his foot the whole way. Blood got everywhere before we could catch him. Lucklily we got the bleeding to stop and kept it clean so no infection. He had a hard time walking for a few days because the rat bit him on the pad of his foot. He's never gone near the rats cages ever since though ;)