PDA

View Full Version : We REALLY REALLY REALLY need your prayers **** GREAT update post 65

sparks19
09-29-2007, 06:01 AM
This post was made by puckstop31:

Hannah is sick.

At 2am the nurses came in to wake Tanya so she could feed. Before she fed they took Hannah to the nursery for her vitals. The nurse noticed that Hannah was having a bit of trouble breathing, so they called our pediatrician. After that, they admitted Hannah to the NICU.

So far they have run two different courses of anti-biotics, taken a blood sample and a x-ray. Also, because Hannah has birthmarks they took a blood sample on her birthday to test her hemoglobin levels. Thank God that our peditrician also had them run a culture on it as it gets us 36 hours ahead in finding out what might be wrong for sure. Another clue they have to help is they did a biopsy of Tanya's placenta and it showed a low grade infection. The nurses stressed that it being low grade (stage 1) was a good thing as it is a very good indicator of what it is and how she got it.

But right now the neo-natologist thinks it is early stages of bacterial pneumonia. So Hannah will need to be in the NICU for at least 7 days. She will be OK, but it will just take time.

Naturally we are both rather upset and Tanya especially so. But being the amazing person she is, all she could talk about to the nurses was what she needs to do to ensure that Hannah gets all the milk she needs. As I type this she is pumping. We have to check out sometime today as they are really busy in here. (Must have been something in the water those few weeks in January...LOL) So there is no sense in us hoggin up a post-natal room when Tanya is fine, Hannah is in NICU and other new moms need the space. My mom being here is also a Godsend as I will have to go back to work on Monday and Tanya will need to travel back and forth to here at least twice a day.

So we need extra special PT prayers for the next few days, for Hannah and Tanya.

Finally, no news is good news. Do not worry extra if we do not post regular updates. As we learn things we will share what we can. I don't want to get on a regular update schedule adn then miss some time and have you all worry too much.

I said a special prayer for this wonderful community of people. You have no idea how comforting it is to have a family THIS BIG.

My prayer for Hannah...

Gracious Heavenly Father... Thank you for yet another day in your wonderful creation. Thank you for the blessing that is our daughter Hannah. We ask that you watch over her and keep her safe. Be with her doctors and nurses, guide their hands, hearts and minds as they take care of Hannah. Help them to find and treat the infection that she has and make Hannah well soon.

We know You have a reason for everything and will never burden us with more than we can handle. Thank you for the wisdom we will gain through this experience as I know it will make us better parents for Hannah.

For everything we give You praise.

In our Saviors name, Amen

RobiLee
09-29-2007, 06:30 AM
Extra special prayers have been said. I will continue to think of Tanya and Hannah and keep them and you in my prayers.

Sonia59
09-29-2007, 06:38 AM
We hope the best for little Hannah. Thanks for the update.

Cookiebaker
09-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Sending our thoughts and prayers through these next hard days.
{{{Tanya and Hannah}}}

critter crazy
09-29-2007, 06:57 AM
OOooooo.....Prayers have Been Sent!!! Get better soon Hannah!!

sparks19
09-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Yes.... we really need those prayers this week.

I HATE not being able to bring our sweet girl home. It's killing me to know I have to leave her here.

I have been crying for hours. This is truly the hardest thing I have ever had to do..... but I know that no matter what I am feeling it is nothing compared to what our baby girl has to go through and that breaks my heart even more. She is being such a trooper though. Even though she has an IV and monitors and everything hooked up to her she still slept like a rock. She is awake now and is not even fussing. she's such a good strong girl.

One BIG bonus here is that even though they discovered this because she was having breathing issues .... she has NOT needed to be hooked up to Oxygen. She is breathing fine on her own and her oxygen levels are very good they tell us so the "extra work" she is doing in her breathing is working, which is a good thing.

All I can do right now for my baby girl is stay strong for her.... make sure I eat right and get rest so that I can produce the best milk I can for them to feed her and help her get back to health. but it's amazing how some seemingly "innocent" events in the past few days have put us ahead of the game in getting Hannah better..... an optional blood test that we consented to, a pediatrician that just felt he needed to start a blood culture even though there was no real reason to at the time, being encouraged to stay until Saturday morning (otherwise I would be at home with Hannah and have no idea yet that she was sick) etc etc. I can only thank God and the good people at this hospital for this headstart in helping our baby girl. And Of course I am always silently praying for Hannah and for strength for Brian and I to stay strong and get through this with her.

this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do and we really need all the support and prayers we can get.

Thank you

Nancy: Thank you. Any light you can shed on a situation like this is helpful. you have experience with this kind of thing.... we don't so our imaginations can sometimes get carried away and that's not really a good thing. BTW the first pediatrician called them "stork bites" and said they would fade away. We just keep calling them birthmarks but they aren't really. But yes.... any experience you have to share with us is greatly appreciated.

Ginger's Mom
09-29-2007, 07:12 AM
We do appreciate you letting us know. And please be assured that I and others will be praying for Hannah and your whole family. {{{Hugs}}}

Whisk_Luva
09-29-2007, 07:19 AM
:(

Prayers to Hannah :(

(Hugs) to you and Brian

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-29-2007, 07:19 AM
My prayer for Hannah...

Gracious Heavenly Father... Thank you for yet another day in your wonderful creation. Thank you for the blessing that is our daughter Hannah. We ask that you watch over her and keep her safe. Be with her doctors and nurses, guide their hands, hearts and minds as they take care of Hannah. Help them to find and treat the infection that she has and make Hannah well soon.

We know You have a reason for everything and will never burden us with more than we can handle. Thank you for the wisdom we will gain through this experience as I know it will make us better parents for Hannah.

For everything we give You praise.

In our Saviors name, Amen

What a beautiful prayer!! I will add little Hannah and her family to my prayers!!

pitc9
09-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Hugs and prayers sent!

chocolatepuppy
09-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Prayers headed little Hannahs way. {hugs} for Tanya and Brian.

catnapper
09-29-2007, 07:45 AM
MANY prayers for Hannah!

sparks19
09-29-2007, 07:54 AM
I can't actually nurse her right now but I am pumping for her and they are going to send me home with a pump so that I can continue to pump and bring milk in everyday for her. But right now their main mission is to keep her calm and unagitated so she doesn't get worked up (like moving her around and stuff) because that's when she starts to have breathing issues. So they are trying to keep her relatively still. But I am just glad that I will still be able to provide milk for her. When Her breathing starts improving I can start feeding her directly again I believe. But we still don't know everything yet. they did run all those tests but we received so much info so fast I can't remember exactly what each one said. We still have some more meeetings with them so we will know more later.

they definitely let us know that we can call whenever we want to get an update and made sure that we knew that "No news is good news" so if we don't hear anything from them when we are home it means that nothing bad has happened and things are either the same or better. but to feel free to call whenever I feel the need to.

Of course I can come visit her whenever we want to and they will provide us with a "family room" so we can stay all day if we want to. they have been very good to us here and especially now that Hannah is in NICU.

but it's still so scary.

The lactation consultant just came in and said that it was normal for them to not have me nurse for the first 24 hours after she gets sick. She is going to help me get used to pumping but said that I will probably be able to nurse her tomorrow sometime.

Also the pediatrician just came in and he is very optimistic about Hannah. Said it was caught very early and her white cell count is still quite low so she has a very good outlook right now.

They really are great here and are really helping to put us at ease with the whole situation and helping US stay optimistic too.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-29-2007, 08:11 AM
We're sending prayers and well wishes to you all.

JenBKR
09-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Lots of prayers and ((((hugs)))) sent your way!

Freedom
09-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Prayers from RI on the way for dear Hannah, and for both of you!

Craftlady
09-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Will keep good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

ChrisH
09-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

sabies
09-29-2007, 09:29 AM
I went back to see the post with pictures since I missed it - she is beautiful to match her name.

I am sorry she is sick, my thoughts are with you, I know it must be difficult for you. I hope PT thoughts and prayers give you strength through this.

Glad to know she took to nursing well and you are continuing to pump - hopefully that will help her fight the infection even more.

sparks19
09-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Well they decided to hook her up on oxygen so she doesn't have to work so hard and to keep her lungs "open". She did NOT like that lol. Or the IV. They just happened to pick the arm that she MUST always have up by her face and she doesn't like it lol. When I said she wasn't fussing I meant just during a quiet time when no one was pestering her lol. but rest assured when i was just in there.... BOY oh BOY was she fighting them off. She is definitely going to keep them busy. It actually made me happy to see her fight so much because like you said.... she can't feel that awfully bad if she can put up a fight like that and they kept saying how strong she is. Because she kept pulling her arm up to her face the IV kept getting pinched off so they had to keep messing with the line and her arm (not the actual needle) to find a good spot for it so it wouldn't get pinched off and she just kept ripping her arm right out of their hands despite their best efforts lol and they wanted her fingers open on the board and so they taped them down and she STILL fought hard enough to get the tape loose enough to curl those little fingers in hehe. So she's a fighter. She's sleeping now though. The pacifier with a little sugar water works wonders though for keeping her distracted while they are messing with her. I was in there when they were doing all this and eventually I just started dipping the pacifier and holding it in her mouth (she's such a vigorous sucker that in between sucks she sends it flying out of her mouth lol but still thinks she's sucking) and then holding her other hand and I was able to distract her enough that they finally got everything hooked up the way they needed it.

Oxygen saturation is 100%.... when they were messing around with her her heart rate was 200+ but now that she's calmed down it's back down around 150-160. Respirations are down to between 70-90.... when they put her in the NICU it was over 150. So she is doing well. She's a strong girl and I have no doubt she will make it through this. But it is so scary and breaks our hearts to see her hooked up to all that stuff. it's hard to see her like that. and it's hard knowing I am going home without her

But we will make it through this.

The lactation consultant is coming back in soon to help me with pumping.... mostly she wants to make sure that I have the right size "cups" to pump the best I can. then they are sending me home with the pump.

Alysser
09-29-2007, 09:55 AM
I am sorry about little Hannah. I hope she's OK. Get well soon!

caseysmom
09-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Hannah you are in my thoughts and prayers as well as your parents. This will soon be a bad memory for your parents and you will be home where you belong.

Cinder & Smoke
09-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Hi God ~

THANKS for droppin down here an sittin inna NICU wiff lil Hannah ...
seems like she's doin Better wiff You inna room an holdin her tiny Hand-Paw!

Got a minnit? Maybe drop by da Howze - Mom an Dad kuld use a big {{{God'sHug}}} rite about now.

An pleeze keep *whispurin* ideas to da White Coats ... we're all Parayin the
Lil Tyke kan go HOME an enjoy her new Fambly reel soon.

We'll keep da Kandil ON anna Parayers flowing!

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Donnaj4962
09-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Oh my, I am just now seeing this. So sorry to hear that sweet Hannah is having some troubles....but sounds like the folks in the NICU have it under control. Many, many prayers being sent to all of you from me and the girls in Indiana. (((hugs)))

gini
09-29-2007, 10:46 AM
How horrible it must be for you to see your beautiful baby girl under such stress.

But thank God this was discovered while she was still in the hospital and she could get immediate help.

You can count on my prayers!

Catty1
09-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Prayers for Tanya, Brian, and especially Hannah!

It sounds like you two and Hannah have really good and compassionate professionals - your little one is in such good hands.

And what a fighter! LOL. I think that is a VERY good sign. Good thing she is too young to know any English 'bad words' or she might have used a couple already!

HUGS and I hope she is well and home with you soon! :)

sparks19
09-29-2007, 11:10 AM
thank you so much everyone. Your prayers and thoughts mean so much to us in this time of need. they are working.

DrKym
09-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Candles and prayers for all of you! Get well soon Hannah!

Karen
09-29-2007, 11:44 AM
My mom had to leave the hospital without her baby every single time, and she always said that was the hardest thing ever.

(We four did each come home, the oldest two after a week or two when they were safely over 4 pounds, me - who was big enough, but still more than a month early - when I was the right color (as in the jaundice was under control, and my blood had settled on a type), and Lady's Human, after they had done surgery to fix his lip.)

This is just a wee setback for Hannah, and she has already proven she's a fighter - so beware when she turns 13! - so she will be in our prayers, but so will you and "Daddy."

Hey, does she have hair? We've only seen her picture with hats on her head. What color?

Taz_Zoee
09-29-2007, 11:52 AM
You will all be in my thoughts.
It is great that you have such a wonderful hospital to help you through this difficult time. And of course you have your PT family here for you as well. :)

Pam
09-29-2007, 11:55 AM
My prayers are going up although not as eloquently as Hannah's daddy's and Phred's. It doesn't matter to God though. :) Sparks, if it is any comfort to you, both of my grandchildren had to be in the NICU and both could not leave the hospital when my daughter (Christiansmommy) was discharged, each for different reasons. Thank God we have such places that can give excellent care for these little ones in need. I know she will be home soon and raising a ruckus in your home! LOL! It will be music to your ears though I am sure. :)

sparks19
09-29-2007, 12:07 PM
My mom had to leave the hospital without her baby every single time, and she always said that was the hardest thing ever.

(We four did each come home, the oldest two after a week or two when they were safely over 4 pounds, me - who was big enough, but still more than a month early - when I was the right color (as in the jaundice was under control, and my blood had settled on a type), and Lady's Human, after they had done surgery to fix his lip.)

This is just a wee setback for Hannah, and she has already proven she's a fighter - so beware when she turns 13! - so she will be in our prayers, but so will you and "Daddy."

Hey, does she have hair? We've only seen her picture with hats on her head. What color?

It is always encouraging to hear successful NICU stories. I know she is in great hands here but it's still scary. but you are right... she's a tough girl.

She does have a little bit of hair.... just some fuzz really lol and it's dark brown just like daddy's hair. but there isn't much of it

Marigold2
09-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I am so sorry to hear that Hannah is ill. Rest assured that she will be ok, I feel it in my bones. In a few weeks this will all be in the past and you and your lovely daughter will be snuggling happily at home.

My son was also in the NICU over 30 years ago. I remember the terror of it all. Luckly our sweet babies don't remember any of this, just mom and dad.

This is the first of many such trials of being a parent. Motherhood bring you to your knees time and time again, sometimes with heartache, often with joy. Did you ever imagine you could love so much?

Hannah will be ok, take a moment and enjoy being a mom and smiling, she will be home soon.

Once she arrives home you will never get another good nights sleep till she is at least 5. It's all worth it but so tiring. :p :p

lizbud
09-29-2007, 01:04 PM
You & your family have my prayers & positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.

sparks19
09-29-2007, 03:01 PM
I am so sorry to hear that Hannah is ill. Rest assured that she will be ok, I feel it in my bones. In a few weeks this will all be in the past and you and your lovely daughter will be snuggling happily at home.

My son was also in the NICU over 30 years ago. I remember the terror of it all. Luckly our sweet babies don't remember any of this, just mom and dad.

This is the first of many such trials of being a parent. Motherhood bring you to your knees time and time again, sometimes with heartache, often with joy. Did you ever imagine you could love so much?

Hannah will be ok, take a moment and enjoy being a mom and smiling, she will be home soon.

Once she arrives home you will never get another good nights sleep till she is at least 5. It's all worth it but so tiring. :p :p

Yes we really couldn't be more confident in the care she is receiving right now. They really are wonderful in there to us and to her.

I should be way more tired than I actually am but I think I am running on pure adrenaline. Since she was born I have had about 6-8 hours of sleep total. But I am buzzing around like a bee and I need to figure out how to just make myself sit down, relax and get some rest. I will need that and a lot of fluids to keep up pumping for her and getting her some real good milk.

NO I never imagined I could love anything or anyone the way I love her. and I know Brian feels the same way. I mean how can you love someone you "just met" so strongly and so deeply. I just love love love her. She is the greatest thing that has ever happened to us. It is a really amazing feeling.

The Neo-natologist is coming in in a few minutes to give us an update on what is going on with her so hopefully that will put our minds at some ease. Also the nurses have been fantastic too. Everyone has come in and were shocked to find out that she was in the NICU because she was doing so well and it was so sudden. So they are really doing all they can to keep us informed and help us out.

the prayers are working. thank you everyone.

sparks19
09-29-2007, 03:43 PM
UPDATE:

We just spoke with the Neo natologist. It is Pneumonia. they also discovered she is a little anemic and she is not urinating. SO they have started a blood transfusion. he said that will correct those problems right away and then they can concentrate on treating her pneumonia.

On the plus side he said her heart is very good. Very strong. He said her condition should start improving in the next day or two.

but I am still so worried even though everyone is telling us this is not life threatening and is very treatable.... but ANYTHING can be potentially life threatening. I just want our baby girl to stay strong and fight this. God this is so scary.

Catty1
09-29-2007, 03:47 PM
{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

They have found out what it is, and now are going to fix it.

Waiting must be so hard for you and Brian.

Are you going to visit her again today?

Prayers still flying to you!

sparks19
09-29-2007, 03:55 PM
{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

They have found out what it is, and now are going to fix it.

Waiting must be so hard for you and Brian.

Are you going to visit her again today?

Prayers still flying to you!

We are still at the hospital so we can go see her whenever we want. We will be going in again to see her soon

Freedom
09-29-2007, 03:58 PM
UPDATE: God this is so scary.

Yes, it is, and you have everyright to worry. You also have said time and again that you have faith in the people working with Hannah. Hold on to THAT thought, as well. And know that loads of prayers are coming to you, from the folks at the hospital, from your family and friends, and from your PT family here; prayers that this will all work out the way you wish. Meanwhile, you do need to get some rest yourself because soon, SOON! you are going to have a newborn in your home!

sparks19
09-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Daddy and Grandma are in with Hannah right now.... only two visitors at a time so I will go in a bit.

But NOW.... I have to get checked out becuase my blood pressure is really high. When will this end?

Catty1
09-29-2007, 04:33 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

Tanya, have you eaten? Please, you and Brian go to the cafeteria and have some soup or something. Hannah needs a healthy mom...take care.

sparks19
09-29-2007, 04:38 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

Tanya, have you eaten? Please, you and Brian go to the cafeteria and have some soup or something. Hannah needs a healthy mom...take care.

Oh yes.... I have been ravenous lol I get three meals a day here and I eat every last bite of all of them and then have some small snacks in between as well as juice and lots of water. but I haven't been sleeping... so maybe that has something to do with it

moosmom
09-29-2007, 04:52 PM
The very first milk that comes in is high is colostrum (I think that's how to spell it) and will helps Hannah's immune system.

Like her Mama, she's a strong one. You and Hannah will be in my thoughts and prayers sweetheart. She be home long before you know it!! ;)

Daisy and Delilah
09-29-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm so sorry you're all having to go through this. It has to be so hard for you. I totally agree with Donna. If Hannah is anything like her Mom and Dad, she's a very very very tough little girl. She'll make it through this just fine. My thoughts and prayers are going out to all of you.
{{{{{GIANT HUGS}}}}}

Lilith Cherry
09-29-2007, 11:44 PM
Prayers and loving thoughts for baby Hannah and of course her family! My eldest son spent the first 10 days of his life in the hospital far away in Malaysia. He is now a healthly married father himself. Take care of yourself too please.

Pembroke_Corgi
09-29-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your new baby Hannah. I will send out some good thoughts for a swift recovery.

krazyaboutkatz
09-30-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Hannah is sick.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care.

Sonia59
09-30-2007, 06:51 AM
The update sounds quite positive. I am confident that little Hannah will quickly improve. Keeping fingers crossed.

anna_66
09-30-2007, 07:03 AM
I wish I had something to say to make you feel better:o

I just hope that she starts doing better asap.

Lots of prayers and hugs being sent your way.

sparks19
09-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Thank you so much everyone

Well we came home last night without her :( but I was able to get a full nights sleep which I desperately needed. My milk also came in during the night lol.... so I was able to pump a good amount of milk for her.

I called the NICU last night before we went to bed and she said she was doing well. she was fast asleep when I called and her blood transfusion was almost finished and she had started peeing again. her blood sugar levels were back to normal. but overall she was doing very well.

We also called this morning when we got up lol. The nurse said her condition was the same but they were waiting for Dr Gupta to come in and do an assessment and then they would have more info. her condition hasn't gotten better BUT most importantly it hasn't gotten worse.

We will be bringing her a story book to read to her today. I want to keep talking to her in soothing tones but you can only tell her how good she is and that she is doing so well so many times.... so I want to read to her in the same soothing tones so she can hear our voices and hopefully it will soothe her some. We are going to have breakfast and then we will be heading to the hospital.

We will keep you all updated and thank you again for all the support and prayers.

critter crazy
09-30-2007, 08:46 AM
We are still Praying for Hannah! I am so glad to hear, that she at least isnt getting worse. Keep your chin up, little hannah will be home before you know it!

caseysmom
09-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Still praying for Hannah hope she gets to go home real soon but for now just remember she is in good hands.

sparks19
09-30-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm so proud of our little girl.

She is sleeping right now.... but her vitals have been very stable and her color is back. she has a nice pink glow now not pale like she was yesterday. She SEEMS much more content today.... but then again she is asleep lol the nurses assure us that she is just as stubborn as yesterday hahaha. But she IS much happier now that the CPAP is off. I am still not sure when they will be able to start feeding her my milk. But if she continues to show improvement like she has been I am sure it won't be long.

critter crazy
09-30-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm so proud of our little girl.

She is sleeping right now.... but her vitals have been very stable and her color is back. she has a nice pink glow now not pale like she was yesterday. She SEEMS much more content today.... but then again she is asleep lol the nurses assure us that she is just as stubborn as yesterday hahaha. But she IS much happier now that the CPAP is off. I am still not sure when they will be able to start feeding her my milk. But if she continues to show improvement like she has been I am sure it won't be long.
Oo......Such good news!! Keep on Fighting Hannah! You will be home with mommy and daddy before you kow it!:)

carole
09-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Just stopping by to let you know i am thinking of you, it is a difficult and worrying time for you all right now, and i completely understand how you must be feeling, sending you lots of love,Hugs, positive vibes and hoping with all my heart Hannah will be just fine in no time, take care and keep us posted when you can.

Blue_Frog
09-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Tanya - my thoughts are with you and Brian, and new baby girl. Keeping you guys in my thoughts, and hoping that she will be home with you both soon!

ramanth
09-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Many prayers and healing vibes that Hannah kicks this pneumonia soon. *HUGS*

cassiesmom
09-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Prayers for Hannah and for her mommy and daddy too.

sparks19
09-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Just thought I would share some pictures from today. These pictures are from the NICU and the tubes and stuff look scary but she is doing better and better all the time.

Hannah and Grammy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/GmaNICU2.jpg
Hannah
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/HannahNICU.jpg
Hannah awake
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/HannahawakeICU1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/HannahlookatGma.jpg
I am reading Winnie the Pooh to Hannah.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/Tanyareading1.jpg
Daddy and Hannah
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/BriHannah1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/Brihannah2.jpg

Catty1
09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
How wonderful that you can touch her...she looks so healthy and pink! :)

She is closer to coming home all the time!

{{{{hugs}}}}

caseysmom
09-30-2007, 06:49 PM
She looks really big and healthy thanks for sharing her with us she is beautiful.

chocolatepuppy
09-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I will continue to keep Hannah in my prayers. I hope she is home with you soon.

joycenalex
09-30-2007, 07:37 PM
prayers for hannah, tanya and brian. get better littlest one.

carole
09-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Aww poor wee mite, all tied up to so many tubes, she does indeed look a very healthy girl in every other aspect, she is a little trooper by the looks of her, and a very beautiful girl too, here's to her making a fine recovery and soon, take care all of you.

sparks19
09-30-2007, 10:23 PM
HOORAY.... Hannah is still improving.

The neo natologist came in tonight just before we were about to leave for the night and gave us an update on her condition. he is super happy with her progress and how well she is doing. They are starting to ween her off of the oxygen and they are going to start feeding her my milk tomorrow. Until now she has been on IV only. they listened to her chest and there is only a tiny bit of wheezing on the right side. So she is really making a marked improvement.

I'm so happy they start feeding her my milk tomorrow.... the way things are going I may be able to nurse her myself again by wednesday.... Maybe even Tuesday night.

Daisy and Delilah
09-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Great news!!! She is such a strong little girl. She'll be home with you in no time. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

p.s. Did I mention she's precious? :)

Edwina's Secretary
09-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Thinking of you and hoping for a quick and happy reunion....

Taz_Zoee
09-30-2007, 11:14 PM
I am so happy she is improving. You will all still be in my thoughts until your precious little girl is at home with you were she belongs. :)

Lilith Cherry
09-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Hello Hannah ! I am so glad to hear you are improving and will soon be home with mum and dad!

jazzcat
09-30-2007, 11:52 PM
So glad to hear she is improving.

krazyaboutkatz
10-01-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm so glad to hear that she's improving and hopefully you'll be able to breast feed her soon.:) I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. She sure is a healthy looking baby.:)

sabies
10-01-2007, 03:33 AM
So glad to hear good news. The pictures are adorable even with all that stuff around her. I can't wait til she gets to go home with you.

Ginger's Mom
10-01-2007, 05:47 AM
Glad to hear she is doing so well. What a strong little girl. :) I will continue to keep her and your family in my prayers.

Freedom
10-01-2007, 08:32 AM
She does look big and strong, and now with a good report as well! Hooray, keep it up Hannah!

Catty1
10-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Hannah - you go, girl! :D

Great news!

Pembroke_Corgi
10-01-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm glad to hear that Hannah is doing better. Hopefully she will get to go home soon, too.

Craftlady
10-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Great News!!! I'm glad she is doing so well and getting better each day.

Cataholic
10-01-2007, 12:39 PM
What a great update. I know how scary it can be not to have your baby with you.

mina'smomma
10-01-2007, 02:21 PM
She will be in our prayers.

critter crazy
10-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Fabulous News Sparks!! Such a cutie pie she is, even with all those tubes. Keep on Improving Hannah!! :)

ramanth
10-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Great news!

caseysmom
10-01-2007, 08:54 PM
How is our little Hannah tonight? Any updateds? I am continuing to pray.

rg_girlca
10-01-2007, 09:10 PM
What lovely pictures of such a precious little girl. I am so happy to hear how well Hannah has improved and I pray that she continues to do so.

sparks19
10-01-2007, 10:00 PM
OMG what a great day today.

I go into the NICu to find out her oxygen is lowered to 21% and 1.5 L, she's had some IV's removed, her blood sugar is stablized, They are feeding her my milk and she is digesting it very well, AND I can hold her. That was the best surprise. It was so amazing being able to hold that precious girl again.

all the nurses just love her. She gets feisty and fussy when they are messing with her tubes and stuff but otherwise they say she almost NEVER cries and if you aren't pestering her she never fusses.... she just lays there and looks around and is just content as can be. She got a little sponge bath tonight. LOL she wasn't a big fan of that haha but she made it through.

and I know people will think I am crazy lol but I SWEAR that girl is smiling sometimes. I have seen her "gas" face and this is different. Everyone says babies her age don't smile but it sure looks like smiling :D

What a great day.

critter crazy
10-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Awwww....how awsome for you Hon!!! She will be home before you know it!! :)

DrKym
10-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Hannah - you go, girl! :D

Great news!
Couldn't say it better myself Candace!!

GREAT NEWS INDEED!

DrKym
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM
OMG what a great day today.

I go into the NICu to find out her oxygen is lowered to 21% and 1.5 L, she's had some IV's removed, her blood sugar is stablized, They are feeding her my milk and she is digesting it very well, AND I can hold her. That was the best surprise. It was so amazing being able to hold that precious girl again.

all the nurses just love her. She gets feisty and fussy when they are messing with her tubes and stuff but otherwise they say she almost NEVER cries and if you aren't pestering her she never fusses.... she just lays there and looks around and is just content as can be. She got a little sponge bath tonight. LOL she wasn't a big fan of that haha but she made it through.

and I know people will think I am crazy lol but I SWEAR that girl is smiling sometimes. I have seen her "gas" face and this is different. Everyone says babies her age don't smile but it sure looks like smiling :D

What a great day.

Sorry but I believe all babies smile.because they are talking with angels. Silly notion Maybe but that is what my Grandmere taught me and I fully believe it.

krazyaboutkatz
10-01-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm so glad to hear that she's improving and that you were able to hold her.:) I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

AdoreMyDogs
10-02-2007, 01:49 AM
Oh goodness, I've been moving so I completely missed this :( Even though your little peanut is improving, she's been added to my prayer list. I can imagine how hard it was for you to leave her there, but what a blessing it was caught early and treated so quickly.

You little Hannah is simply precious.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Haven't logged on for a couple days and look what I miss :rolleyes:

Glad to see little Hannah is getting better - must have been a very worrying time for you and Daddy (welcome to parenthood)

P.S. the photos of you with her made me all misty-eyed

kimlovescats
10-02-2007, 08:36 AM
What a WONDERFUL update!!!! :D

sparks19
10-02-2007, 08:49 AM
So we are about to head up to the hospital. they took her off the oxygen all together now :D and they are feeding her with the finger tube and she is doing really well.

They did send her for an echo cardiogram because they did detect a slight murmur. the results of that will be back today

Hopefully its nothing. but she is still making so much progress everyday. Today I am bringing her "the poky little puppy" to read to her.

thanks everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. I think she is beautiful too but like I said before.... I may be a bit biased ;) lol

pitc9
10-02-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm so glad to hear she's getting better each day!!

The picture of you reading the book to her gave me LES.

I can't wait till you have her home with you!

prechrswife
10-02-2007, 12:26 PM
I haven't been on for a couple of days, and I've missed all of this. I know the whole experience had to be scary for you. I'm so glad to hear that Hannah is doing better. She is an adorable baby girl. :)

sparks19
10-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey everyone....

hehe I just love those pics. she's so cute I almost can't stand it :D

Update:

The heart murmur was nothing.... she has a small hole in her heart and the Dr said it should close up on it's own but as a precaution we are to take her for a scan in 6-8 weeks. As you can see she is off the oxygen all together now and doing great. She also pulled out her IV from her cord. LOL the nurse just laughed and said "that's ok we were going to take that out today anyway so I guess that means less work for us." I got to nurse her today too :D HOORAY. I fed her for the first time at 2 pm and she was SO funny. she knew exactly what was going on.... as soon as they handed her to me she started trying to get to the boob through my shirt lol so I pulled her back so I could get ready to nurse her and as soon as I started to pull up my shirt her eyes got really wide and she opened her mouth as wide as she could and started bobbing her head and making this "OOH OOH OOH" sound lol. The nurses were cracking up. She just could NOT wait to latch on.... she was so excited LOL. I will remember that forever.

The Dr said That Hannah will be able to come home on Saturday.... YAAAAAAAAAAY come on Saturday.

Pictures to follow

sparks19
10-02-2007, 09:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/reachbinky.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/Hannahlookatmommy1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/GrammyHannah1.jpg
BBBBUUUUUURRRRRPPPP
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/Hello.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/Mommyburp1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/dontlookatme.jpg

sparks19
10-02-2007, 09:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/sleepyhannah.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/Hannahdad1.jpg

catnapper
10-02-2007, 10:03 PM
What a fabulous update! You both look so happy and excited -- congrats again on your beautiful little girl! :) Looking forward to homecoming day!

Dorothy39
10-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Awwwwwwwe, What a Beautiful Baby Girl !!!!!! Your pictures are divine!!!

I've been so busy lately, and this PT thread caught my eye.

Your Hannah is such a strong willed child and each update posted made me feel warm all over!!!!!

I'm so Happy for both of you!!!!!!

gini
10-02-2007, 10:35 PM
What a wonderful update........I am so glad!

She is absolutely precious. I love the one where she is looking up at you.

"Hi, Mom!"

Taz_Zoee
10-02-2007, 10:46 PM
I am so happy to hear that she will be coming home on Saturday! That is wonderful news. :D
She is so adorable! :)

Catty1
10-02-2007, 11:08 PM
I love the sleepy-rubby-eye one and the sleeping face in bonnet!

That feeding story it just too hilarious!!! :D I guess she missed you! :)

HUGS! Just four more sleeps and your baby comes home! :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the great update.:) I'm so glad that she'll be able to come home on Sat. I hope that she continues to do well.:)

Ginger's Mom
10-03-2007, 05:56 AM
What a wonderful update. I am so glad to hear that she is doing so well. Come on, Saturday. :D

Cookiebaker
10-03-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm all teary looking at the pictures and reading about your first nursing experience. How Special!! Hannah is just beautiful, and I can't wait for it to be Saturday for you either!

p.s. I just wanted to tell you that Lydia had stork bites, too. They started majorly fading at around 6 months and at this point they are 99% gone -- you can only seem them if you look really close.

cassiesmom
10-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Yeay, baby Hannah! That IS a great update!

Daisy and Delilah
10-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Great news!! I'm so happy she's coming home on Saturday. You both look as proud and happy as any parents I've ever seen. Hannah is a little doll. :)

sparks19
10-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Well Hannah is still doing wonderful. And as long as she eats 40 mL every feeding she no longer needs an IV supplement.

but I just HAD to share this picture. It is my favourite lol I made it into an 8x10 for myself to hang on the wall.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Puckstop31/Hannahtounge.jpg

mina'smomma
10-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Now that is a smile Mommy. I'm a firm believer that a baby smiles when they're ready not when some doctor or book tells us so. I'm so glad to see she is doing so well. We'll keep praying for her speedy recovery.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-04-2007, 10:23 AM
I think Mommy and Daddy are just a little besotted! :D Look forward to the homecoming pictures

sabies
10-04-2007, 10:51 AM
So glad to hear happy news. She is adorable and looks quite healthy to have gone through so much. That is so great that she has taken so well to the nursing again and soon she will be home!

Freedom
10-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Such sweet photos! So glad to hear this great news that she is scheduled to come home.

And those little crochet hats are darling. I have made some for one of our hospitals, in the past. Do you take them all home with her?

Have your list of to do's before the home trip? Laundry, groceries . . . . .

caseysmom
10-04-2007, 08:58 PM
She is just beautiful and this a smile! I am so glad she keeps improving.

Cataholic
10-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Tomorrow!!! Great news.

Just wanted to second the 'stork bites' (hemangiomas). Jonah had them very prevelant on his lip, below the nose, and eyebrows, and they are so light today that you can't notice them, unless he is pitching a huge fit, and then, they are slightly noticeable. No big deal.

Glad to hear Hannah is taking up the BF without issue. THAT will be such a huge boon to her health.

critter crazy
10-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Such great News Sparks!! i cannot wait to see her Homecomming pics!! Woohoo Hannah!!!:D