PDA

View Full Version : Follow up from Nancy's reading

Laura's Babies
09-28-2007, 07:38 AM
Nancy called for the follow up, one of the questions I asked was how does Boo feel health wise... She feels great, only a little arthritis in her hips but Nancy said it was not worth mentioning if I hadn't brought it up..

Do her ears bother her? Yes, one is VERY itchy. Nancy said she shows some black stuff down in it... The vet cleaned it out the last week and there was lots of bloody looking dark stuff he dug out...

Food alregies? Yes, wheat and Barley... she don't like the taste of the allergie free food though.

She show my bedroom as HER room! That is hers and I come into her room. Nancy said it is GREAT that I have Mama's old furniture in there and that is probably why she claims it as her own. It makes Boo's room PERFECT! I can see why she thinks it is her room, she is in there more than I am with how I work. She was suprised to find out that Boo's room is MY bedroom since Boo claims it as HERS!

She does want attention but in her own way ond on her own terms ONLY! I told her I was confused with how she comes to me seeming to want attention, then says that LEAVE ME ALONE! She said all living creatures need attantion and Boo does need attention.

Boo didn't mention anyone else as living in the house with me so she asked if I lived alone.

If I can give Boo respect, I will earn hers... that means do not push her, do not crowd her, do not get overly affectionate. She said I will never have the relationship Boo and Mama had and never have one like I have with my others... but we will develope one that is different than those. If I can respect Boo and give her her space and now that I understand, things will eventually be fine. She will take me as her family.... but right now, she don't care if I love her or not. (SO, I am wondering if MY working like I do is not just perfect for this situation!)

As far as how she feels about Dakota (Rie's grandson) , Nancy did not pick up anything. She follows him around like a lost puppy when he is here and he follows her.

I told her Mama DID call Boo "Gal" (and that I have started doing it too) and she said they always tell something so unique to prove that it was them actually coming through.

Now as for how things are! Yesterday, Samantha and Giz were playing together. That chasing licklty split... you chase me, I'll chase you.. They play off and on, all ALL day yesterday. They haven't done that since Boo arrived. That is a major step in my opinion. It just feels like the atsmosphere in the house has changed. Now Boo will walk within a foot of Amy or Giz and there is NO fighting. Amy was in my lap on the sofa the other night, Boo came got on the back of the sofa and they both stayed... NO fighting! I can tell Boo FEELS better, is more relaxed and not as uptight. I think the others have picked that up too.. Rather it lasts or not, I don't know, there could be an attack today, but I do think the worst is over for all of us. I just have to accept that Boo will not accept me loving on her and messing with her the way I want to... but if there is peace in the house, I can acceot that.

That is money well spent! To bring peace back in the house, it is well worth it.

catmandu
09-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Thats Great That Boo Is Settling In, And That Things Are No Longer A War Zone. I Hate When Cats Fight, As They Usually Let Go Of The Loudest Shrieks When You Are Picking Something Up.
We Are Pleased That Nancys Giving You Such Great Insights.

rg_girlca
09-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Laura that is such great news about Boo and I pray that she continues to feel more secure with you and your crew.

phesina
09-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Laura, that's great that you and Boo are getting to understand each other so much better! I'm so glad for her and you both.

ramanth
09-30-2007, 07:56 PM
What a great follow up! I'm happy to hear there is peace in the household. :)