PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Hero

kallisto4529
09-28-2007, 03:00 AM
Today as I sit here at work I remember today a year ago like it was yesterday. September 28, 2006 was the day, Deputy Vernon "Matt" Williams and his K-9 partner Diogi were murdered.

As I sit here and think back, it does not take much for all of those feelings to come back again, you think of his wife, two sons and daughter, you think of the rest of his family, you think of all of his friends, both outside the job and on the job. You think of the evil that took such a wonderful man and a wonderful devoted companion from there family and from all of us. You think of the cold hearted no soul excuse for a human being that took these two lives, and you wonder what happened to him, was he always like this, was there something that happened in his life that led him down this path. You sit here and try and see in your heart if you can find it in you to have compassion for this evil man, to see if there is a shred of decency for him as there have been for others, the answer to that one is no!!!! You can find no compassion, you can find no decency, no sadness for his family.

Today a year ago a good friend of mine and so many others was murdered in cold blood and so was his K-9 partner, how do you even come to terms with that!!!!! How do you understand???
I don't think any of us will ever understand, we have learned the evil that did this was a hired assasin for a drug group, was that why it was so easy for him to pull the trigger 6 times, was that why it was so easy for him to shoot Matt in the head??? These questions will never be answered not for me, especially not for his family. All of us carry on every day without Matt and Diogi, but never never are they forgotten, not for one single day.

Today Matt and Diogi we honor you, not any less than we honored you one year ago today, in fact I think we honor you more, you are our angel's in heaven and at the Rainbow Bridge.

God be with both of you today and always, may your death's never be in vain and may you have the peace and the love of God with you now and always as he was with you both that fateful day.

May you know the love that everyone left behind continues to have and to share with each other because of you.

Always remember this: A MAN REMEMBERED NEVER DIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rest in peace my dear friend, and our dear Diogi.

Taz_Zoee
09-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Marti,
I am so sorry you lost your dear friend in such a tragic way. Unfortunately, we will never know what was going on in that persons mind that took these two lives.

Rest in Peace Matt and Diogi.

Alysser
09-28-2007, 09:15 PM
You're totally right. WE WILL never understand why to some people it's so easy to murder, to kill someone or something in cold blood. I am so sorry for Matt's family and friends. What a tragedy. Rest in peace, Matt and Diogi. YOU are never forgotten. I am sorry for any pain you both went through. :(

Laura's Babies
09-28-2007, 09:29 PM
You never forget a friend who's life was cut short at the hand of someone else. We can never know what goes on in the minds of killers, that they can do this and sleep at night or live with themselves afterwards.

May they both rest in peace and all the ones they left behind find peace.