PDA

View Full Version : Arguing in PetTalkVille????

gini
08-03-2002, 10:48 AM
I just had to start a new thread because the one about "I have had enough" is just that - done, over, enough!

Say we were all together in our PetTalkVille - our idealic spot where everything is perfect - everyone has a job they love - and our pets are spoiled rotten.

Now you are eyeball to eyeball with every member. If there was a disagreement would you stomp off? Would you slam a door or two? Would you shout horrible things at each other? Is that how you lead your life in your town?

Somehow, I don't think so. At least, I would hope not.

So as we post - maybe we could keep this in mind.

What made me post this, is the thought of everyone screaming and yelling at each other in PetTalkVille made me laugh out loud!

Hugs to everyone here and scritches for your critters!

aly
08-03-2002, 02:00 PM
Arguing or loud voices make Reece and Lolly shake :(

Kfamr
08-03-2002, 02:36 PM
Whenever my dad yells Simba hides.... dad hasn't even ever yelled at him either :(

Aspen and Misty
08-03-2002, 03:36 PM
you can scream all you want me my house and our pets just look at you funny. Cause my brothers love to scream (not yelling) at any momnet in time. LOL. But yea I agree. No more fighting

Sudilar
08-03-2002, 04:05 PM
Mine don't care. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/krach.gif

moosmom
08-03-2002, 07:09 PM
Gini,

Great post! The only person around my house to scream is me. And I don't, because I have no one to scream at except my cats. To me that's abuse. Besides, I'd sound awfully silly screaming with no one else to hear me. :rolleyes: :p

Karen
08-03-2002, 08:01 PM
In PetTalkVille, I, as mayor, would have a herd of specially trained big dogs - maybe Saint Bernards, Great Pyrenese, Irish Wolfhounds, Danes, or mixes of that size - you know, the "too big too ignore" kind. If, by some strange circumstance, an argument broke out, they would gallop off, get between the two or however many people arguing, and start licking faces. There - you try to fight with a washcloth-size tongue washing your face! :p :)

AmberLee
08-03-2002, 09:42 PM
ROTFLOL!!! Great solution, Karen!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-03-2002, 10:01 PM
Exactly Right Miz Mayor. lol
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

krazyaboutkatz
08-04-2002, 03:27 AM
My cats hate loud noises. I may yell at them from time to time but I don't consider that screaming. I know they wouldn't like it.

aly
08-04-2002, 06:23 AM
omg KAK, I love your new sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tatsxxx11
08-04-2002, 08:38 AM
My dear, sweet, gentle rescue Cody, who was severly beaten and screamed at in her former home, will hit the floor, cower and belly crawl into a corner if she hears voices raised, even a bit. Once she was so distressed while over hearing an argument, this 75 lb. Husky/Shep straddled the top half of a storm door, broke through the screen and tried to crawl outside. I never felt so sickened in my life as I looked at the fear on her face. She thought I was angry with her. My Cody would never survive in a Pettalkville where voices are raised in anger. :( I can be pretty vocal when engaged in debate and definitely have strong opinions...But, I've always found that keeping this thought in mind..."It's about the animals, not me" keeps me from losing my cool and "stomping off!":D I save my people "issues" for other forums, times and places! To paraphrase Mark Twain, you fail to make your point when you make it in anger. We all love our animals, on that we can agree!!:)

Pam
08-04-2002, 09:03 AM
Beautiful Sandra just beautiful! {{{{{HUGS, Dear Cody!!}}}}} You are in the bestest most loving home now and we couldn't be happier for you! :)

jackiesdaisy1935
08-04-2002, 09:10 AM
Oh Sandra, I didn't know that Cody was in such an abusive home, poor girl, thank goodness you have her and I know she is loving life now. You give that sweet girl lots of hugs and kisses from all of us.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

anna_66
08-04-2002, 09:21 AM
gini, I couldn't have said it better myself!
I come here to get away from all the hurt and anger, to talk about my wonderful pets, not to fight. I can do that any time with other people (not that I do mind you!). This is supposed to be a "feel good" place. I know we don't always share the same point of view, but we should be able to listen and go on...not get upset. I care a great deal about all the friends I've made here, and I try not to say anything I think would hurt someone's feelings. If only everyone would would do that (guess that would be a perfect world then, hu?).
Can't we just all get along?! PLEASE!!!

Rachel
08-04-2002, 09:29 AM
As always Sandra, your point is well made. Unless we have an identical twin, you can count on it that we are not going to agree on every issue. There is nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion, as long as we state them respectfully and without name calling. At times some of us can be immature or respond in haste. Hopefully we would have the ability to reconsider something we've said and, if indicated, apologize. I've read posts from our younger members which some of us older and allegedly wiser ones could benefit from emulating. We have a lot to learn from one another, just as we have a lot to learn from our animals. A little more tolerance is in order and let's not be too quick to rush to judgement of others whose (like my signature says) intentions are good.

Sudilar
08-04-2002, 09:54 AM
Quote by Sandra:

My dear, sweet, gentle rescue Cody, who was severly beaten and screamed at in her former home, Unquote

Oh sweet Cody! I'm sending big hugs to you. I had no idea!! You are in good hands and it will never happen again. Never fear.

Shiloh doesn't care if you argue with anyone BUT if you raise your voice directed at her, she buries herself into the floor and cowers. I don't know her past, but I'll bet it wasn't good. They did dump her at a kill shelter. :(

Albea
08-04-2002, 10:20 AM
Sandra:
Cody has been so lucky to have found you, and you to have found her to give her all the love you have in your heart.
I don't know how Carina would react to loud voices because that has never happened. But I do know that we have a lot to learn from our pets: their acceptance of us, no matter how moody we can be; their ability to adapt to new circumstances; their infinite willigness to forgive and forget. As somebody said: "Oh God, please make me worthy of the idea my dog has of me!"
Hugs to you and all your furry friends.
Alicia and Carina

momoffuzzyfaces
08-04-2002, 02:06 PM
BE YE KIND!!!
I have that posted on my computer screen and try to live by it.:)

Dixieland Dancer
08-04-2002, 07:54 PM
I wish there really was a place called PetTalkville! I would move there in a minute!!!! :D I am sure it would be heaven on earth! :)

Karen, I would love to have a big old wash cloth tongue slurp everyone who was upset. What better way to get glad???

krazyaboutkatz
08-04-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by aly
omg KAK, I love your new sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you I did it all by myself. :)