PDA

View Full Version : Why is it...

IRescue452
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
...that every time I get dental work done, I see some food that looks really good. Hardee's has a new commercial with a Hawaiian chicken sandwich, finally a place in WI that's not afraid to put pineapple on food, and I can't eat it. I just got a tooth pulled, without the full use of anesthetic. The dentist couldn't get it to numb at all, so she said gave me two options: find and pay full price at a place that can put me under, or hang on to the chair and let her pull quickly. She pulled my whole jaw out of socket too. I'm in so much pain, and I still want a pureed chicken sandwich. There should be a post-dental surgery store called "fun with mush" where you can go to get pureed food. I'm stuck with soup, cream corn, yogurt, and cottage cheese all weekend. Ok rant's done.

Karen
09-27-2007, 03:04 PM
You have our sympathy. After I have had dental work done - if it involves novacaine at all, all I want to do is nap.

crow_noir
09-28-2007, 02:17 AM
He he... S.O. is going out and buying me baby food :D I'm not much of a soup fan. (and i can't have yogurt or cottage cheese.) I don't care for applesauce, but i found that Mott's Granny Apple is tolerable.

Good luck! I know the feeling of "ARRRG!" Such wonderful smelling things. Curse them.

Ooooh! Fun With Mush! I can see the chain now.

Wait a minute... Aren't those called Smoothies?! ;-)

anna_66
09-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Not numb? OMG :eek: I definitely couldn't have handled that.

Oh the joys of soft food!

I had a root canal Monday and I'm lucky. I can eat regular food, just not on my left side.

moosmom
09-28-2007, 10:18 AM
No novacaine??? Girl, you are BRAVE!!!! Don't ya hate when they show all kinds of food commercials that make you ravenous out of your mind?? Hang in there, the pain will subside.

pitc9
09-28-2007, 12:06 PM
First of all OUCH!!! :eek:
I had a tooth pulled about a year ago and I had 4 shots of novacaine and didn't feel any pain, just the icky pressure, oh but the sounds are just as bad! I would have rather been put under!

I hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy that new burger!!

IRescue452
09-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. The jaw part is really what's sore. I never want to touch yogurt again after this. I probably will never go to a hardees in my life, but boy do commercials look twice as good right now. Good luck with your root canal Anna_66, I'm sure it'll be more fun than disney land.