View Full Version : Opinions? (painting)

wolf_Q
09-27-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm kind of in a random mood tonight...went out and bought a 16x20 canvas and started painting. I didn't draw the pic on or anything first, I've just been painting it all rather spur of the moment. I spent a few hours on it, I'm not real happy with it, I've been close to just painting over the entire thing and starting something else. :o Any advice on what would make it better? I wasn't going for super detailed or anything, I wanted it a bit messy, but I think it needs work....thanks for (honest) opinions. Oh, and if you can't tell, its supposed to be of Nebo.

DJFyrewolf36
09-27-2007, 12:20 AM
I for one think its beautiful. I am especially fond of the background, it really goes with Nebos "mood" in the picture

my advice...leave it the way it is ;)

cmayer31
09-27-2007, 12:43 AM
I sat and looked at the painting for quite some time to try and provide an honest answer to what I think could be added. The answer? I really like it the way it is. It's pretty powerful with the mood and tone that it sets. I'm not the most artistic, so I'm sorry I can't add more than I think it came out great :) .

dukedogsmom
09-27-2007, 12:44 AM
Don't paint over it! I think it's beautiful. I love the background and texture of it. I wish I had that talent.

Elf Shadow
09-27-2007, 01:53 AM
hey thats really good.i cant paint even though i took art for 4 years at school.i like drawing but i couldnt paint anything that realistic.

crow_noir
09-27-2007, 03:47 AM
OMG i LOVE it!!!

Only thing bugging me is there seems to be something odd with the angle on his right wrist. (like the leg needs to come out a tiny fraction... but the paw is fine where it's at.)

I'd say leave the painting alone though... I'D be so afraid of messing up what is so darn splendid already.

Very very nice indeed!

cloverfdx
09-27-2007, 04:17 AM
I like it as is aswell Amy :D. I too love the background. Great work.

Cookiebaker
09-27-2007, 04:46 AM
Wow, I think its awesome!! I love how the mood of his eyes matches the background. I wouldn't change anything either. :)

chocolatepuppy
09-27-2007, 05:14 AM
I think it looks great! :D

pitc9
09-27-2007, 07:18 AM
:eek:
OMG!!
It looks GREAT!

Great job Amy!!

CountryWolf07
09-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Amy, I have not seen a recent painting you have done in a LONG time, and I have to say it is pretty awesome! =) Don't change it or anything, leave it. It'd look amazing framed.

slleipnir
09-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I agree with everyone, it looks awesome! I love your art. We need to see more I think :p I think the only thing I might add are nails on his paws, but you don't even need that cause it looks great as is!

crow_noir
09-28-2007, 12:13 AM
I was thinking that too. It's so well painted that you can almost see them there anyhow. Plus with huskies, sometimes you don't see the nails through the fur. *shrug* (He he... I didn't want to point out TWO things in my reply and sound too critical. :p Especially of such a great painting!)

I agree with everyone, it looks awesome! I love your art. We need to see more I think I think the only thing I might add are nails on his paws, but you don't even need that cause it looks great as is!

Cinder & Smoke
09-28-2007, 01:07 AM
:)

DON'T mess with Purr-fekshun ... it's just GREAT the way it is!

:D

sweetpatata6
09-28-2007, 06:03 AM
HAHAAt first I was SOOOO confused because I thaught you said that you didn't place it off of a picture, but from the attachment it looked like a picture!!! Once I realized it was the painting, I have no clue why you would want to paint over it... IT'S TRUELY AMAZING!!!

Chilli
09-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Personally, I really like it. You did a great job!
I think it would look really neat if the background was a similar shade of blue as his eyes. Then again, it might already be that way! The lighting on this computer screen is a bit off. :D

wolf_Q
09-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Thanks everyone! I suppose I'll be good and not paint over it, though I still don't like it very much. The leg does look off to me too, but I'm too lazy to fix it. :o I did have nails on the paws originally, but I guess I went a little crazy with the paint and they aren't really visible now...they weren't that visible to begin with though. The eyes were painted with the same blue as the background, but the background also has a lot of black added to it. It looks rather interesting up close because I added Nebo fur to the gesso lol, it adds some strange texture.