PDA

View Full Version : I always knew Sas was a "hero"!

Alysser
09-26-2007, 08:08 PM
So, my mom left a candle burning unattended. Stupid move on her part, she even admitted it. Anyway, a paper towel was on the counter right next to the candle, stupid move yet again, and well it caught on fire a little. I am guessing Sassy smelled the burning or something and she started barking frantically. Now, my dog doesn't bark unless something is odd to her or she has to go to the bathroom when no one is downstairs. I ran down to see if she had to go to the bathroom and saw the paper towel burning. Quickly got a cup of water and dumped it over the fire. The burn was very little, so it was nothing major.

But honestly, who knows what would have happened if Sassy hadn't barked? :eek: My mom is so proud of her, both my parents are. They wouldn't stop hugging and playing with her. Not to mention the extra special dinner of chicken she earned. ;)

I am so proud of her! I know, the acts were stupid, and trust me it is never happening again in this house. My mom said we're never burning candles again, even though she loves them lol. Let us see how long that lasts... :p

KittyGurl
09-26-2007, 08:35 PM
What a hero! Thank goodness she was barked about the fire or it could of been really worse. Just glad you, Sassy and your family are ok and no one was hurt.

Give Sassy a big kiss from me! What a good girl!

petslover
09-26-2007, 08:57 PM
That is truely amazing! way to go Sassy!

chocolatepuppy
09-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Good girl Sassy! :D

K9karen
09-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Super Sassy!! Good good Girl! Bad Bad Mommy! Can't walk away from those smelly candles! (And I won't admit my experience) :rolleyes:

crow_noir
09-27-2007, 02:47 AM
WTG Sassy! Such a good girl barking!

Advice for the naughty Mum:
It'll be OK to burn candles again... just don't leave them unattended. Always clear the area around them first... make sure there is nothing that can topple over onto them. No matter how long it says you can burn them for get into the habit of only burning them for half an hour. Set a timer if you have to. If you have to walk away make sure to check on them at least every five minutes. IF you think you'll being doing something that will distract you too much from remembering the candle, then wait until you do have time.

Following that advice i have never burned anything that i didn't mean to burn (besides my hand when i was younger and still learning the rules of life.)

critter crazy
09-27-2007, 06:16 AM
Way to Go Sassy!!!:eek:

pitc9
09-27-2007, 07:09 AM
Way to go Sassy!!!

Sassy saves the day!!
Good girl! You deserve extra treats!!

Pawsitive Thinking
09-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Well done Sassy!!! Clever girl

Daisy and Delilah
09-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Good girl Sassy!!! What a smart little doggie. Please tell Mom to add some kisses from us for this heroic deed. :)

moosmom
09-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Good girl Sassy!!!

Suggestion: Bed, Bath & Beyond sells flameless candles that are run by batteries. Alot of our customers buy them because they have little grandchildren, pets, etc.

Glas a tragedy was averted!

cassiesmom
09-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Great job, Sassy! I bought a "flameless" candle around this time last year to put in a little Halloween decoration. Cassie Kitty LOVES to watch candles burn and that makes me really nervous. This one looks like a lit wax candle, she is fascinated by it, and I don't have to worry.

lizbud
09-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Sassy is a real heroine. :) Good girl Sassy. :)

IRescue452
09-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Good girl Sassy!! Another thing your mom might want to try are electric candle warmers. I know my mom would burn the house down for sure if she didn't use those.

Alysser
09-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks everyone! Sassy will be getting a Chicken dinner the rest of this week. My mom is obsessed with her now lol. About the candles..thanks for the suggestions, I will definately tell her. She can't live without candles lol. :p

*LabLoverKEB*
09-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Good girl, Sassy! LOL, my mom LOVES candles, as well! I have to agree with her, they are nice to look at, and smell great, but are sometimes very dangerous. Well done, Sassy! :)

ramanth
09-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Good girl Sassy!

DrKym
09-27-2007, 07:20 PM
good girl Sass!

Ginger's Mom
09-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Good girl, Sassy. Enjoy your chicken, sweetie, you earned it. :)

crow_noir
09-28-2007, 12:36 AM
LOL... I didn't even think about the flameless options because the ONLY reason i burn candles are for the FLAME. I forget that other people burn them for scent or for the color display. (I buy scent free candles.)

Danegirl2208
09-28-2007, 04:12 AM
Way to go Sassy!!! Hope you enjoyed your chicken dinner..you certainly deserve it!! :)